Outstanding Premium Lounge at Heathrow

Old Oct 15, 2012, 4:07 pm
Original Poster

Outstanding Premium Lounge at Heathrow

Just visited the lovely Qatar Airways London Heathrow Premium Lounge and wanted to share my experience with you.

Very new, excellent service, seatings, dining facilities and bar. The food offered and especially the drinks were better than those on board the plane, something which I find rare amongst the airlines. Example, from what I had, perfectly chilled champagne (Veuve Clicquot Brut), very fresh lobster and prawns, excellent cheese cake and macaroons. Dining facilities were split into two areas - the Brasserie and the Delicatessen area and the shower rooms are of a nice size with new fluffy towels.

If you are flying from Heathrow I would make an effort to go early and enjoy this lounge. IMO it's even better than the current Premium Terminal lounge at Doha.

Pictures of Qatar Airways London Heathrow Premium Lounge: http://khun-pook.smugmug.com/Other/Q...5950689_3dZpKG
Old Oct 15, 2012, 4:12 pm
Original Poster

Official lounge information: http://www.qatarairways.com/uk/en/lhr-lounge.page
Old Oct 18, 2012, 12:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Originally Posted by Pook
Pictures of Qatar Airways London Heathrow Premium Lounge: http://khun-pook.smugmug.com/Other/Q...5950689_3dZpKG
It says that " This site requires a password to continue"
Old Oct 18, 2012, 7:12 pm
Original Poster

Oops sorry about that. Try it again and you should be able to see the pictures.
Old Nov 24, 2013, 8:58 am
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Oops sorry about that. Try it again and you should be able to see the pictures.
it still needs a password!?
pleaseeeee
Old Nov 25, 2013, 12:46 am
Suspended

Right- i was just there, briefly. Got turned away by manager saying MH has a lounge in T4. Even when the sign says all QR and oneworld F and J pax. Seems like LHR always have their own set of rules (BA and QR) that i've heard of.

Anyone experienced this before?
Old Nov 25, 2013, 2:44 am

Programs: BA Gold, several other less interesting cards...
Originally Posted by kaka
Right- i was just there, briefly. Got turned away by manager saying MH has a lounge in T4. Even when the sign says all QR and oneworld F and J pax. Seems like LHR always have their own set of rules (BA and QR) that i've heard of.

Anyone experienced this before?
It is not uncommon for Lounge Dragons not to know the entry rules. It is a bugbear on the BA forum as well!
Old Nov 25, 2013, 4:32 pm

Programs: BA Gold (and other non-status plastic)
IMO it's even better than the current Premium Terminal lounge at Doha
Seconded. Awesome lounge. Much, MUCH better than the over-rated premium terminal. Great service. Sandor, the barman at the Martini bar, will pretty much make you any cocktail you like - and he makes a mean espresso martini

Originally Posted by kaka
Right- i was just there, briefly. Got turned away by manager saying MH has a lounge in T4. Even when the sign says all QR and oneworld F and J pax.
I don't think the QR LHR lounge is a OW lounge, as they send even their own elites to another lounge... for a start, it's not big enough, as I presume it pre-dates the decision to join OW. Whether you agree or disagree, it certainly makes the lounge much nicer for fare-paying QR F and J pax

Anyway, the MH lounge is also not-too-shabby, has nice chilled Laurent Perrier on tap, and is, IMHO, also far better than the current apology-for-a-lounge they have in KUL

You had time to lounge hop?! Man, you get to the airport far too early...
Old Nov 26, 2013, 1:33 am

Programs: QR Gold, BAEC, Marriott Rewards Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by kt74
Seconded. Awesome lounge...

Whether you agree or disagree, it certainly makes the lounge much nicer for fare-paying QR F and J pax
Thirded; A joy in every department. ^

When a lounge is this good get there early & enjoy it!

I recently flew out of T5 with BA. The whole experience was actually quite enjoyable, certainly not as bad as I'd feared after looking through the comments on the BAEC forum, & the Galleries J lounge was OK. But I did find myself sitting there & wishing I was in the QR lounge.
Old Nov 26, 2013, 3:49 am

Question MH lounge - Golds/Saphires allowed?

Hello

Based on experience, the MH lounge is nicer than the skyteam lounge at T4. Can my gold QF get me in to MH, given it's a OW lounge (assume BA silver/golds flying MH in Y could use MH lounge, so can I use it if I fly QR in Y with gold?)
Old Nov 26, 2013, 10:40 am
Suspended

Seconded. Awesome lounge. Much, MUCH better than the over-rated premium terminal. Great service. Sandor, the barman at the Martini bar, will pretty much make you any cocktail you like - and he makes a mean espresso martini

I don't think the QR LHR lounge is a OW lounge, as they send even their own elites to another lounge... for a start, it's not big enough, as I presume it pre-dates the decision to join OW. Whether you agree or disagree, it certainly makes the lounge much nicer for fare-paying QR F and J pax

Anyway, the MH lounge is also not-too-shabby, has nice chilled Laurent Perrier on tap, and is, IMHO, also far better than the current apology-for-a-lounge they have in KUL

i was packing till 4 am so i just hopped on the tube - last time i tried to take a nap i ended up missing the flight...
Old Nov 26, 2013, 12:05 pm

Programs: BA Gold (and other non-status plastic)
Originally Posted by delfindo
Based on experience, the MH lounge is nicer than the skyteam lounge at T4. Can my gold QF get me in to MH, given it's a OW lounge (assume BA silver/golds flying MH in Y could use MH lounge, so can I use it if I fly QR in Y with gold?)
As a BA Gold, I got into the F side of the MH lounge no problem, albeit I was flying MH. Theoretically I guess you could use it if you were flying QR - I didn't try, to be honest. However, the MH lounge is only open for a few hours before the MH flights, and I don't think the MH and QR flight times overlap
Old Nov 27, 2013, 2:44 am

The LHR lounge has the same access rules as the PT: No FFP elites travelling in Y (both for QR and other OW).

After hearing so many good reviews, I'm looking forward to trying this lounge sometime soon now that I can redeem OW miles on QR.
Old Nov 27, 2013, 3:08 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by stargold
The LHR lounge has the same access rules as the PT: No FFP elites travelling in Y (both for QR and other OW).

After hearing so many good reviews, I'm looking forward to trying this lounge sometime soon now that I can redeem OW miles on QR.
or use the BOGO offer they had in Nov if you were at the right geographical location... I've just bought a pair ytd - even with paying for positioning flights its still cheaper than 1x discounted HKG-LHR-HKG on CX/BA/VS J
Old Nov 28, 2013, 5:07 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Now looking forward to this on Tuesday - I had assumed I'd have to wait in some common lounge for my flight.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.