Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Changing a economy restricted ticket

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2012, 4:33 am
Original Poster

Changing a economy restricted ticket

Hi. I have return leg booked in booking class K, that I would like to extend. In the booking confirmation I received from QR, it says "Changes after departure NOK750", is this + fare difference what I should expect to pay? And I'm also assuming I have to go by the local QR office to have this done.

I have never tried to change my ticket before, so I have no idea about the process. Sorry if this has been asked before. Thanks in advance
Old Jul 12, 2012, 7:15 am

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, QR Silver, Accor, BA
Yes, the fee + fare difference.

I made a change over the phone when I was in the US. I don't know if the the conditions will be different in Norway but I don't see why you'd have to go in...
Old Jul 12, 2012, 7:21 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by InternationalLiving
Yes, the fee + fare difference.

I made a change over the phone when I was in the US. I don't know if the the conditions will be different in Norway but I don't see why you'd have to go in...
Thank you!

I just reckoned from all posts I've been reading about upgrades etc. and people having to go by an office to pay / pick up the ticket, it might be the same case here. No big hassle for me to do so, but I will just phone them and see what they have to say :-)
Old Jul 12, 2012, 9:01 am

Sounds good, please let us know if this is the case
Old Jul 15, 2012, 7:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Originally Posted by Andain
Hi. I have return leg booked in booking class K, that I would like to extend. In the booking confirmation I received from QR, it says "Changes after departure NOK750", is this + fare difference what I should expect to pay? And I'm also assuming I have to go by the local QR office to have this done.

I have never tried to change my ticket before, so I have no idea about the process. Sorry if this has been asked before. Thanks in advance
If you have already flown the outbound, then there will only be the change fee of NOK 750 - as you bought your ticket in Norway.

There will only be a fare difference if you're travelling say on a weekend now instead of a weekday which you were originally booked on. If you're travelling on same weekday .. then there will not be a fare difference. If however say your ticket is only valid for 60 days and you want to extend it to a 90 day ticket, then yes, there would be a difference in the different types of fare.

Sometimes there is a tax difference but generally not.
Old Jul 16, 2012, 11:13 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
If you have already flown the outbound, then there will only be the change fee of NOK 750 - as you bought your ticket in Norway.

There will only be a fare difference if you're travelling say on a weekend now instead of a weekday which you were originally booked on. If you're travelling on same weekday .. then there will not be a fare difference. If however say your ticket is only valid for 60 days and you want to extend it to a 90 day ticket, then yes, there would be a difference in the different types of fare.

Sometimes there is a tax difference but generally not.
Thanks for the heads up. I've already talked with them, and according to the guy I talked with every flight from BKK-DOH-OSL until the middle of August were full. However if I do a search on their website, it shows availability. But I guess only a few select seats are available for this type of request, I have no clue.

So I might have to book a one-way ticket either on QR or another airline, as it's quite critical for me stay a bit longer, because of unforeseen circumstances.
Old Jul 18, 2012, 12:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks for the heads up. I've already talked with them, and according to the guy I talked with every flight from BKK-DOH-OSL until the middle of August were full. However if I do a search on their website, it shows availability. But I guess only a few select seats are available for this type of request, I have no clue.

So I might have to book a one-way ticket either on QR or another airline, as it's quite critical for me stay a bit longer, because of unforeseen circumstances.
What is your fare basis? ie booking code on your ticket? When was your departure date, and what is your original return date? And what is your new return date?

PM me if you like and I will try to see what is available.

The reason why the guy can't see any availability is that QR is marrying your segments.. which means it can only show BKK-DOH-OSL with your booking class. If you see segment by segment, it will show available.
Old Jul 20, 2012, 7:45 am
Original Poster

A quick follow up. I went by the QR office here in Bangkok today, and was able to change my ticket. I had to pay about ~9500THB (~USD $300) for the fare difference as I had to go from K-booking class to L-booking class.

Instead of buying a one-way ticket back, I think this came out as the cheaper option.

Thank you everyone for your feedback :-)
Old Jul 20, 2012, 9:15 am

Glad it worked out, and not too steep price at least...
Old Jul 25, 2012, 8:36 am

Programs: Privilege Club
A quick follow up. I went by the QR office here in Bangkok today, and was able to change my ticket. I had to pay about ~9500THB (~USD $300) for the fare difference as I had to go from K-booking class to L-booking class.

Instead of buying a one-way ticket back, I think this came out as the cheaper option.

Thank you everyone for your feedback :-)
Hi Andain,

If you need to amend your bookink in the near future with BKK resrevation office, please feel free to send us an email at [email protected] so that we will be able to assist you.

Thank you for taking your time to visit our office.

Best regards,
Alex @ The Qatar Airways Community.
Old Jul 26, 2012, 1:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by AlexCM
Hi Andain,

If you need to amend your bookink in the near future with BKK resrevation office, please feel free to send us an email at [email protected] so that we will be able to assist you.

Thank you for taking your time to visit our office.

Best regards,
Alex @ The Qatar Airways Community.
Emails are too slow...

If he needs to change something, he needs knowledgeable agents who can answer his questions right away. The agent he spoke to just told him that no seats are available for the dates he wanted. He/She didn't offer to explain that he can fly on the dates he wanted, but he needed to buy one fare class up that showed availability for $xxx.

Its ok - that's why Flyertalk is the fastest to access such information.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.