Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

Double QPoints on all flights until Dec 31

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17, 2011, 11:35 am
Original Poster

Qatar Airways is offering Double QPoints until the end of the year:

Privilege Club offers you double Qpoints between 20th November and 31st December 2011 when you travel to any of the over 100 destinations served by Qatar Airways to help you retain or upgrade your membership tier.

Make the most of our double Qpoints offer to enjoy the benefits of your desired Privilege Club tier.

http://www.qatarairways.com/global/e...ub-offers.page
Old Nov 17, 2011, 3:20 pm

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, QR Silver, Accor, BA
Good way to double your silver status, so to speak!
Old Dec 4, 2011, 4:06 am

I'm surprised that this thread has hardly generated any interest as its a very generous offer.

Is anyone going out of their way to qualify for Gold?
Old Dec 4, 2011, 6:09 am

Programs: EBS, EY Gold Eite, EK Gold, QR Platinum, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by Nuff Said
I'm surprised that this thread has hardly generated any interest as its a very generous offer.

Is anyone going out of their way to qualify for Gold?
Good offer indeed^ Nice of QR to keep up this generous tradition. I guess all our members are out on their runs....
Old Dec 4, 2011, 10:34 am

Programs: AZ FA+, A3 G, AB G | IHG RA, HGP D, FPC P, Accor P, BW D, HH D, Eleva, GHA P, 1862 Voyager
Yes I'm currently in Genoa now.
Actually I didn't even know that there would be this "tradition"

I actually booked 2 flights one in Dec and one in Jan to get gold. My plan was to ask them to add the Jan one for 2011 and bump me up to gold.

But this promo is a nice surprise. So in Jan I'll have 80 qpoints for 2012

How many years has this been going on? If so I only need 2 more other flights in 2012 which is fairly easy to maintain.
Old Dec 4, 2011, 4:12 pm

Programs: QR Gold
This was on last year but i think it started before now..

Currently gold and I have booked a flight after i got this email and it will mean that i now keep gold... TBH i am not that fussed about gold but it's better than a kick in the teeth....

I only booked a flight as I got a deal to HKG for new year for <£600 which was too good to pass up...
Old Dec 4, 2011, 4:56 pm

I have just booked flights for later this month that will take me up to Gold for 2012.

There was a similar promotion, along with other offers, for the whole of May 2010 to mark the 10th anniversary of Privilege Club.
Old Dec 4, 2011, 8:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Had few flights in paid business but haven't decided yet whether I credit them to UA, BD, or QR.

How valuable is QR Gold status?
Old Dec 4, 2011, 10:06 pm

Programs: UA MM/1P, EK Au, QR, TK, Marriott Life Ti, Hilton Dia, IC Dia, Hyatt Glob, Accor Pt, Shangri-La
I will have already made Gold before 11/20. The qualification threshold is relatively low on QR, at least compared to European and North American airlines.

So this doesn't do me any good, though of course I can't complain. Actually, I can complain, because it will devalue Gold from its already-low value.
Old Dec 4, 2011, 10:19 pm

Is gold really worth anything?. QR doesn't do upgrades EK style from J->F
Old Dec 4, 2011, 11:48 pm

Unless you are travelling regularly on business and at companies expense, Gold is not easy to attain. For example, it takes 4 return economy class trips from Western Europe to the Far East to reach Gold. How many leisure passengers can manage that in a calendar year? Its not just the cost, its the time required.
Old Dec 5, 2011, 6:58 am

Unless you are travelling regularly on business and at companies expense, Gold is not easy to attain. For example, it takes 4 return economy class trips from Western Europe to the Far East to reach Gold. How many leisure passengers can manage that in a calendar year? Its not just the cost, its the time required.

It's easy to get compared to most other airlines..

I fly MAN>HKG rather than MAN > MNL as i get more qmiles (45 vs 40) for each trip (90 for a return trip) then i get a LCC to MNL.

So I only need two return trips and i make silver, that is not that expensive...

Gold as you say is 4 trips but i just about get that in each year...
Old Dec 5, 2011, 8:22 am

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, QR Silver, Accor, BA
Originally Posted by cundall
It's easy to get compared to most other airlines..

I fly MAN>HKG rather than MAN > MNL as i get more qmiles (45 vs 40) for each trip (90 for a return trip) then i get a LCC to MNL.

So I only need two return trips and i make silver, that is not that expensive...

Gold as you say is 4 trips but i just about get that in each year...
That doesn't make much sense TBH... you could go direct to MNL and still get silver in 2 flights, and gold in 4. Unless you like flying on budget airlines?
Old Dec 6, 2011, 3:13 am

Programs: UA MM/1P, EK Au, QR, TK, Marriott Life Ti, Hilton Dia, IC Dia, Hyatt Glob, Accor Pt, Shangri-La
Whether it's "easy" in terms of time and money is, of course, a matter of opinion, in which one's budget is a factor.

My only point was that, relative to other airlines, it's easy. At 20 Qpoints for each segment to Europe, Gold can be yours in 15 segments. On LH, even if one booked a ticket that earned 100% status mileage (a big "if"), one would earn about 43,000 status miles on 15 DOH-FRA segments (or 50,000 status miles on DOH-FRA-CDG), which barely would get one to Frequent Traveller status, which is more like Silver on QR.

Similarly, it would take 38 segments DOH-DXB to obtain Gold, compared with 50 on Emirates, assuming that one could book flex fares -- also a big "if" -- or 100 segments with saver fares.
Old Dec 6, 2011, 3:42 am

Originally Posted by InternationalLiving
That doesn't make much sense TBH... you could go direct to MNL and still get silver in 2 flights, and gold in 4. Unless you like flying on budget airlines?
I like HKG as a stop over before i get to MNL and cost to go direct is about £200 extra while its only £100 or less on a LCC

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.