Middle Name "H"

Old May 21, 2012, 8:16 pm
Original Poster

Middle Name "H"

Travel agent updated the API for the entire family. But upon checking the API on the the Qatar website all family members have gained a middle initial. Tried to correct it to no avail on the Qatar website. Travel agent says they don't see the middle "H". Wasted better part of 2 hours on the phone over this issue.

Any way to get this corrected? Flying out next week from YUL to BLR in C
Old May 21, 2012, 8:54 pm

Programs: Privilege Club
Originally Posted by Rayone
Travel agent updated the API for the entire family. But upon checking the API on the the Qatar website all family members have gained a middle initial. Tried to correct it to no avail on the Qatar website. Travel agent says they don't see the middle "H". Wasted better part of 2 hours on the phone over this issue.

Any way to get this corrected? Flying out next week from YUL to BLR in C
Hi Rayone,

Please send the private message of your booking reference number so that I can assist you to remove the H from your advanced passport information at my end.

Look forward to assisting you soon.

Bet regards,
Alex
Old May 22, 2012, 2:42 pm

Programs: EBS, EY Gold Eite, EK Gold, QR Platinum, Accor Gold
This problem has now been running for a year or so, and it cant be a good solution that one have to be BOTH a member of flyertalk AND be dependant of Alex to get this issue solved in every case.

I have also experienced this mysterious H. Did send two mails to QR customer service - with no response. The H survived. But it didn'n give me any problems at checkin though...

QR has clearly a big problem with the computerguy. Small stuff mostly, but the uncertainty this causes is what is annoying more and more of us customers. So I hope QR soon kick som real a*** and get things done.

My job is to kick a***, so maybe I'll have to book a inagurate flight in business to give mr. Al Baker an insight from a coustomers point of view.... I like his spirit, so I cant imagine him beeing satisfied with things as they are now.
Old May 22, 2012, 9:23 pm

Hi Rayone,

The extra H has been removed from all the booking you have provided. Please kindly check the passport info again in the manage a booking functionality.

Best regards,
Alex
Old May 23, 2012, 2:43 pm

Programs: EBS, EY Gold Eite, EK Gold, QR Platinum, Accor Gold
I also got the H in one of my current bookings. But I will keep it and see what happens...
Old May 23, 2012, 8:57 pm

Hi All,

As long as the name of the ticket is corrected spelled as per the passport, then there will be no problem at the airport since the advanced passport information can be corrected again at the time of check in.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.