Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Sign in using an external account

Old Apr 30, 12, 2:25 am   #1

Programs: None as can't really be bothered with it all any more..
Free hotel if flying business??

Hi all,

MrsSgtRyan and myself are looking to go to Dubai for 4 nights during the upcoming June bank holiday weekend. As a result, we’d like to fly business. My first choice would be to fly Qatar from LHR and from checking their prices they have a special on at the moment for 1678 which I think is pretty good.
I’ve checked Etihid and they are having fares at 1800 (there abouts) but they give a free hotel for 1 night and then a massive reduced rate for a second night, which is kind of bending me towards them.

Does Qatar offer any kind of free night hotels or any kind of the same deal at all? I’ve rang the UK reservation number to get advice and the guy on the phone didn’t have a clue as to what I was talking about.

Lastly, would it be cheaper to fly from anywhere else in Europe? I note that Emirates direct from LHR is 3k yet if you fly from Rome its only 1,500.

Cheers

PS. Is there a massive difference in flying the A330 or 777 in business?

Last edited by SgtRyan; Apr 30, 12 at 2:27 am. Reason: Add the bit at the bottom about the different planes
SgtRyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 12, 3:35 pm   #2

Programs: QR Gold
From my dealings with QR they don't offer a free night for flights from the UK...

Yes you can get flights cheaper than the UK but generally the UK is pretty cheap - play around and see what offers you get. I have personally noted that BUD and CPH are cheap to fly from, I am flying for the first time from BUD in May with a LCC from LBA, I noted that MXP and BRU are also very good...

Good looking getting a ticket, BTW i found that J ticket a good price to DXB from LHR..

---

I prefer the 777 J ticket on the couple times i have flown J
cundall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 12, 4:52 pm   #3

Programs: QR gold
Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtRyan View Post
PS. Is there a massive difference in flying the A330 or 777 in business?
It depends on your standards and expectations. This will give you a good idea about the hardware.
Also keep in mind with alternative origins that the BUD route is flown with an A320 whilst the CPH route is operated with a mixture of A332 and A333.
Cheers
peterdudas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1, 12, 5:39 am   #4

Programs: None as can't really be bothered with it all any more..
Cheers for the reply guys.

We booked up just normal coach class in the end from LHR. Was around 547 to Dubai which is on the expensive end but this is the problem when Mrs.SgtRyan works to the school year...oh well...it is what it is.

We were going to go J class from BRU as that would have only been 1150 each which is a bargain, but then there is the extra expensive of getting to BRU and again, due to the time of year the Eurostar was not cheap nor were flights so sod it...just go normal.

Cheers for the advice anyways!
SgtRyan is offline   Reply With Quote