FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Qatar Airways | Privilege Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar-airways-privilege-club-644/)
-   -   Consolidated "Can I get Premium Terminal Access?" thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar-airways-privilege-club/1337769-consolidated-can-i-get-premium-terminal-access-thread.html)

SEA777GUY Apr 19, 2012 8:23 pm

Consolidated "Can I get Premium Terminal Access?" thread

I am arriving into DOH on UA F on the flight from DXB (11/23), have a layover of 6 hours then departing on a QR flight on an A319. As the A319 has only 2 classes of service, will I be still allowed to use the Premium Terminal as a F passenger? It is about the same for the return.

Thanks

RUN4FUN Apr 20, 2012 1:02 am

QR still operates F on 319 flights to some regional destinations. If your ticket is in F you go to the F side in PT. So you find the answer to your q in your ticket.

meFIRST Apr 26, 2012 4:53 pm

If your ticket says First Class on Qatar Airways metal, then yes.

i7654 Jun 19, 2012 2:07 pm

If I'm arriving qatar F, but leaving on lufthansa C, will I still be able to access the F part of the terminal?

Thanks

RUN4FUN Jun 19, 2012 2:21 pm

Originally Posted by i7654 (Post 18784276)
If I'm arriving qatar F, but leaving on lufthansa C, will I still be able to access the F part of the terminal?

Thanks

If departing on a LH flight you will not be given access to PT at all. PT is only for QR departing flights.

i7654 Jun 20, 2012 5:50 am

Originally Posted by RUN4FUN (Post 18784351)
If departing on a LH flight you will not be given access to PT at all. PT is only for QR departing flights.

thanks for the info

AlexCM Jun 20, 2012 8:39 am

Originally Posted by SEA777GUY (Post 18426593)
I am arriving into DOH on UA F on the flight from DXB (11/23), have a layover of 6 hours then departing on a QR flight on an A319. As the A319 has only 2 classes of service, will I be still allowed to use the Premium Terminal as a F passenger? It is about the same for the return.

Thanks

You will be allowed to use the Premium terminal since your departure flight is a first-class cabin operated by Qatar Airways.

st530 Jul 24, 2012 4:26 pm

If I'm arriving in C from IAH-DOH and connecting in Y for the short leg to DXB, will I have access to the business class lounge in the Premium Terminal? I have the same situation on the return (DXB-DOH in Y, DOH-IAH in C) but that seems like a clear yes since DOH-IAH will be in C.

kataka Jul 24, 2012 10:57 pm

You will only have access to Premium Terminal when you fly out of Doha on a Qatar Airways flight in F or C.

Sanket Shah Aug 15, 2012 1:57 pm

Premium Terminal Access

Guys, I am travelling

AMD to DOH - Qatar Business
DOH to DXB. - United First

I have a 14 hour layover @ DOH. Would I have access to Premium Terminal since I am travelling AMD to DOH in Business?

Ericka Aug 15, 2012 2:10 pm

From my own research....unfortunately no. You would have to be departing on Qatar. There is no *A lounge either. You can pay about $40 to access the Oryx lounge.

aussienanna Aug 16, 2012 6:17 pm

We leave in 2 weeks business class on Qatar for the first time, so just browsing Qatar's web site found this on their Lounges page
"For Privilege Club Gold members and first and business class passengers on any airline, the Oryx Lounge provides the perfect environment to work, relax, and freshen up."
It does not mention having to pay for access if flying business class with another airline so you may hopefully be OK. It would be tough to not have any lounge access included with a business class fare.

mecabq Aug 17, 2012 11:44 am

Originally Posted by aussienanna (Post 19137184)
We leave in 2 weeks business class on Qatar for the first time, so just browsing Qatar's web site found this on their Lounges page
"For Privilege Club Gold members and first and business class passengers on any airline, the Oryx Lounge provides the perfect environment to work, relax, and freshen up."
It does not mention having to pay for access if flying business class with another airline so you may hopefully be OK. It would be tough to not have any lounge access included with a business class fare.

If you're flying in a United premium cabin, you will get access to the Oryx lounge at no cost.

You should also get access as Star Gold if flying in Y -- I have always gotten access when flying TK, MS, or LH Y as UA*G.

As for the questions about the Premium Terminal, it's really not complicated: you get access to the Premium Terminal business class side if you are departing DOH in QR business class, and to the Premium Terminal first class side if you departing DOH in QR first class. This is the case for either revenue or award tickets. It's true that the forward cabin of two-cabin aircraft is sometimes called business and sometimes called first, so that's a fair question, but, as of now, it's irrelevant what airline and class of service on which you arrive to DOH.

GetSetJetSet Aug 22, 2012 4:35 pm

I am arriving QR J from CDG and departing on QR to TBS. It is a 2-cabin plane to TBS, will this be J or F side access in the premium terminal? Also, as my layover is 7 hours, will it be possible to leave my carry-on bags in the premium terminal, go into Doha for a bit, then return to the lounge before my flight?

mecabq Aug 24, 2012 11:44 am

Originally Posted by GetSetJetSet (Post 19174568)
I am arriving QR J from CDG and departing on QR to TBS. It is a 2-cabin plane to TBS, will this be J or F side access in the premium terminal? Also, as my layover is 7 hours, will it be possible to leave my carry-on bags in the premium terminal, go into Doha for a bit, then return to the lounge before my flight?

As for your flight to TBS, it depends whether it's marketed as J or F. Most likely J -- it should say on your itinerary.

As for your second question, there is no practical way to do this. One problem is that there is no inbound immigration at the premium terminal. You'd have to convince the guys at the premium terminal to let you take the bus back to the arrivals terminal and go through immgration there. (You could play dumb, hide your TBS boarding pass, and say that you came to the premium terminal accidentally from your J flight but really want to enter Qatar.) It might be possible. Please let us know if this works!