Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Can I get Premium Terminal Access?" thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "Can I get Premium Terminal Access?" thread

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2012, 4:08 pm

My flight is fra-doh (first), doh-bkk(business two-cabin flight).
1. It there specific first class section in permium terminal? if so, will i be able to use it as my arrival flight is in first.
2. If i arrive in first class, are they going to pick me up using private sedan to the terminal and drop me off before the next flight? or do i have to take bus like everyone else?
Note: i only have 2 hour between flights.
Old Sep 21, 2012, 11:26 pm

Programs: LH Senator, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by SansStatus
you will definitely want to get a hotel room. the lounge is very nice, but it will get boring fast. No sleeping rooms. There are two massage chairs, and one small corner of the lounge with some zero gravity lounge chairs (recliners), which were full the whole time I was there.
I will find out more about the over-night transit visa situation as it approaches, and thanks for the info again. Will look into the hotel as well!
Old Sep 21, 2012, 11:52 pm

Programs: QR Gold, EK, Accor, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold VIP, Delta
Originally Posted by brian1111
after arriving doh, do i need to pass immigration to get to premium terminal?
I have upcoming flight FRA-DOH-BKK. I want to access premium terminal.
No, you do not pass through immigration if you have a connecting flight. You will take the bus to the premium terminal which has the first and business class lounges upstairs after passing through the security checkpoint.

Since your connecting flight is in business, that is the lounge you get to use.
Old Mar 30, 2013, 3:38 pm

Would the Qatar PRIVILEGE CLUB Gold status get you access into the business class lounge of the DOH Premium Terminal if you flew in Y only and had a transfer at DOH?

Thanks
Old Mar 30, 2013, 3:44 pm
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
No. You need to be in business class.
Old Oct 14, 2013, 7:30 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Apologies if this is discussed in another thread.

How will this fit into the OW agreement? I'd assume that any OW status pax would be directed to the Oryx lounge?

That being said, what about a OW Emerald who has a business class ticket on QR? They'd be in the PT on the strength of their QR J ticket, but could they then use the F lounge in the PT on the strength of their OWE status?
Old Oct 14, 2013, 7:58 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by Wozza2404
Apologies if this is discussed in another thread.

How will this fit into the OW agreement? I'd assume that any OW status pax would be directed to the Oryx lounge?

That being said, what about a OW Emerald who has a business class ticket on QR? They'd be in the PT on the strength of their QR J ticket, but could they then use the F lounge in the PT on the strength of their OWE status?
Don't think so. Even a QR gold (plat) cannot enter the first class lounge based on status. You either show a F-ticket or you need to turn left after the stairs.
Old Oct 14, 2013, 8:22 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Originally Posted by intuition
Don't think so. Even a QR gold (plat) cannot enter the first class lounge based on status. You either show a F-ticket or you need to turn left after the stairs.
This will be interesting. I have two flights out of DOH on QR in November. One is in F (two class short haul) to DMM, the other in J (long haul business) to BKK.

It would seem that I'll be directed to the J lounge on my long haul, but this would seem at odds with the OW published benefits.
Old Oct 14, 2013, 9:17 am

Programs: QR Gold, BAEC, Marriott Rewards Gold, SPG Gold
It would seem that I'll be directed to the J lounge on my long haul, but this would seem at odds with the OW published benefits.
Surely that's only if the PT is classed as a OW lounge. It may be considered the same as the BA CCR for instance? Are all OW member airlines obliged to open their lounges to all OW members - I don't know.

Suspect this was all accounted for in the new airport but the delays have screwed that up & that's why the PT is effectively 'off limits' until the opening next year. At peak times there's currently no space in the PT for anyone else other than QR anyway, filling up with non-premium Emerald/Sapphire would make it positively sardine-like in there.

Last edited by impeymac; Oct 14, 2013 at 9:24 am
Old Oct 14, 2013, 10:38 am

Originally Posted by impeymac
Surely that's only if the PT is classed as a OW lounge. It may be considered the same as the BA CCR for instance? Are all OW member airlines obliged to open their lounges to all OW members - I don't know.

Suspect this was all accounted for in the new airport but the delays have screwed that up & that's why the PT is effectively 'off limits' until the opening next year. At peak times there's currently no space in the PT for anyone else other than QR anyway, filling up with non-premium Emerald/Sapphire would make it positively sardine-like in there.
OW Emeralds are entitled to use the First class lounge of any airline in the alliance when they are departing on a OW flight. For example, if departing on a BA short haul flight in Y from T3 LHR, I can use the AA F Lounge, BA F Lounge or CX F Lounge in T3. All 3, if you so wish.

The CCR is different as it is "above" the Galleries First lounge, so BA still has an F lounge to offer OWEs.
Old Oct 14, 2013, 1:00 pm

Programs: BA Gold
I think that QR would have to provide a F lounge facility for OWEs but as the new airport should have been opened already they may get a pass until it is ready.
Old Oct 14, 2013, 1:21 pm

Originally Posted by Steve_ZA
I think that QR would have to provide a F lounge facility for OWEs but as the new airport should have been opened already they may get a pass until it is ready.
I'm not so sure, unless it pops up on MMB to say "you can't use the F lounge at DOH" then I'm of the opinion that I'm entitled to use it, and I'll make a nuisance of myself in the PT if I'm turned away. Not in a DYKWIA way, just in a "I'm bored and I have a piece of paper that says I can come in here" kind of way.
Old Oct 14, 2013, 1:32 pm
Moderator, Finnair

... and I'll make a nuisance of myself in the PT if I'm turned away. ...
I suggest that you don't do that. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar...aff-noice.html

I suggest that you monitor the OW pages for exceptions to the lounge policy that may be listed at a later date. There are already several exceptions listed for other situations, so blindly assuming premium terminal first class lounge is a OW perk is unwise.
Old Oct 14, 2013, 1:51 pm

Originally Posted by intuition
I suggest that you don't do that. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar...aff-noice.html

I suggest that you monitor the OW pages for exceptions to the lounge policy that may be listed at a later date. There are already several exceptions listed for other situations, so blindly assuming premium terminal first class lounge is a OW perk is unwise.
That guy threatened to "cause a scene" on an aircraft. Bit different.
Old Oct 14, 2013, 2:54 pm

Programs: QR Gold, BAEC, Marriott Rewards Gold, SPG Gold
"I'm bored and I have a piece of paper that says I can come in here" kind of way.
The airline that owns the lounge seems to say otherwise...

http://www.qatarairways.com/uk/en/premium-terminal.page

I don't know if you'll get into the F lounge or not to be honest, access might well change after Oct 30th, but if it doesn't I'm sure waving a piece of paper in their face will do the trick & won't make you look like a DYKWIA at all.

As I said before I'm sure this will be resolved when NDIA opens.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.