FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Qatar Airways | Privilege Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar-airways-privilege-club-644/)
-   -   Qatar Airways Announces Fabulous 3-Day Global Sale (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar-airways-privilege-club/1336476-qatar-airways-announces-fabulous-3-day-global-sale.html)

RUN4FUN Apr 16, 2012 9:08 am

Qatar Airways Announces Fabulous 3-Day Global Sale

If anyone finds anything Fabulous tomorrow, pls let us know.

http://www.qatarairways.com/english_...ease_20120416#

InternationalLiving Apr 16, 2012 9:29 am

I'm wondering, will these tix all be "H" or similar fare category, or will they also apply to K, M, etc...

lightyear40 Apr 16, 2012 10:59 am

Thank you Runforfun. Not received an E-Mail of this offer. I think this is another example of Qatar Airways administration frailties. Once again they will lose money, when will they learn. I always see some nice words from those at the very top, but it is just a pity that the same amount of energy cannot be sustained when delivering that information to their most loyal customers.

SFO777 Apr 16, 2012 11:04 am

"...Qatar Airways Chief Executive Officer Akbar Al Baker said the airline’s global sale was an attractive offer expected to generate huge interest worldwide..."

In other words, huge interest worldwide from the fabulous global sale. :D

InternationalLiving Apr 16, 2012 12:40 pm

Originally Posted by lightyear40 (Post 18403575)
I think this is another example of Qatar Airways administration frailties. Once again they will lose money, when will they learn.

People like us check their site regularly and post on this forum, ergo, their most loyal customers still get the info. Plus, if less people are on their site buying tickets, all the more choice for me :D

Edit: ok this sale sucks. I want to fly in July...

lsed Apr 16, 2012 5:36 pm

Yeah wanted to use it to get to Dxb in June 14! lol
anyways some of the fares are ok, others are similar to what was available a month ago before the fare increase.

I'm sure this will be heavily advertised all over the web and in print though

remdk Apr 17, 2012 10:16 am

# day offer / It is very good!

Try booking Business class from CPH. It costs the same as Economy! Even in December!!

cundall Apr 17, 2012 10:30 am

Originally Posted by remdk (Post 18409870)
Try booking Business class from CPH. It costs the same as Economy! Even in December!!

open jaw for Y brings the cost down to less than £250 to HKG - taken from a german blog / twitter feed...

InternationalLiving Apr 17, 2012 10:44 am

But when you try to buy the business ticket, it says the ticket is actually Economy (H)...

Omar84 Apr 18, 2012 1:48 am

Haha yeah I saw that, however when you look at the fare rules on the right. It clearly states that you get access to the premium Terminal. So even though it says booking in Economy W the actual ticket is still business.

I did a search for like CPH to BKK, coming in at around $700 return in Business.

InternationalLiving Apr 18, 2012 3:29 am

Hmm, interesting... well, buy at your own risk I guess :p But with any luck, they will honour it for travelling in business :)

carrotjuice Apr 18, 2012 9:19 am

Not sure how this is even deemed a "sale" - before, SIN-DPS in Y is SGD 245 return. Now SGD 368 return after the 25% discount?!!

lsed Apr 18, 2012 9:37 am

Did you do a search?
I searched yesterday and it was $224 thereabouts

CAlex Apr 18, 2012 4:18 pm

All searches I try return the error "We are unable to find recommendations for your search. Please change your search criteria and resubmit the search. (66002 [-1])". Anybody else encountered this? Any solutions?

llamaesque Apr 18, 2012 11:13 pm

This is ridiculous. I've been looking at PEK/PVG flights to Europe for a while now, and these sale fares are equal to or more than the fares that have been available for a month now!

EDIT: No, wait, $5 off PEK-FCO. Awesome.