Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

QR Privilege Club - how are the accurate rules/benefits?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2012, 11:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: EBS, EY Gold Eite, EK Gold, QR Platinum, Accor Gold

From time to time we experience different ways the same rule/case are handeled by different ground staff members. This is a bit frustrating and indicate that there is a need to get some clarification from QR. It would be better for both QR staff and us, and thereby QR in the long run, if we work to eliminate wrong practise and groundless expectations.

My suggestion is to start this thread to let the members (us) ask the questions in public, and let our friends representing QR here at the forum give us the exact rules and ways they are to be understood and handeled.

It would be nice to get Michaels and his collegues views on this.
Old Mar 19, 2012, 4:26 pm

Programs: Privilege Club
Originally Posted by RUN4FUN
From time to time we experience different ways the same rule/case are handeled by different ground staff members. This is a bit frustrating and indicate that there is a need to get some clarification from QR. It would be better for both QR staff and us, and thereby QR in the long run, if we work to eliminate wrong practise and groundless expectations.

My suggestion is to start this thread to let the members (us) ask the questions in public, and let our friends representing QR here at the forum give us the exact rules and ways they are to be understood and handeled.

It would be nice to get Michaels and his collegues views on this.
hi Run4run,

thank you for your feedback. Michael and our Qatar Airways Community team frequently check this forum in order to deliver asssistance and provide an accurate information to every passenger. We assure that every single feedback posted here has been forward to the relevant department and our management for the future and better improvement in order to maintain the 5 stars service.

Should you have any question or require assistance, please feel free to post it here and our team will be right here to assist you.

You can also stay updated with our other social media portal, Qatar Airways community at http://www.qatarairways.com/th/en/qa...community.page

Best regards,
Alex
Qatar airways community team
http://www.qatarairways.com/th/en/qa...community.page

Last edited by AlexCM; Mar 19, 2012 at 4:28 pm Reason: Adding more info
Old Mar 19, 2012, 4:44 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold, Etihad Gold
Michael I have written several E-Mails to Qatar Airways and still await a response. In my view I was treated very badly by your ground crew at both Doha and BKK. Can you please explain why I cannot get a response to my questions that at the end of the day need to be addressed in order to improve the airlines reputation. I also would like to lodge a complaint with a lot higher person in your organisation in order to get this matter resolved and therefore would appreciate their web address.
Old Mar 19, 2012, 4:53 pm

Originally Posted by lightyear40
Michael I have written several E-Mails to Qatar Airways and still await a response. In my view I was treated very badly by your ground crew at both Doha and BKK. Can you please explain why I cannot get a response to my questions that at the end of the day need to be addressed in order to improve the airlines reputation. I also would like to lodge a complaint with a lot higher person in your organisation in order to get this matter resolved and therefore would appreciate their web address.
Hi Lightyear40,

Could you please kindly forward your email which you have not been responded to [email protected] so that I can expedite the correspondence from our relevant department.

for the complaint, I do recommend you to send e mail to our customer relation department at [email protected]

Best regards,
Alex
Qatar Airways community team
Old Mar 19, 2012, 5:12 pm

Originally Posted by AlexCM
Hi Lightyear40,

Could you please kindly forward your email which you have not been responded to [email protected] so that I can expedite the correspondence from our relevant department.

for the complaint, I do recommend you to send e mail to our customer relation department at [email protected]

Best regards,
Alex
Qatar Airways community team
Thank you Alex. I hope you can at least get a full respone from [email protected] which I have not been able to achieve to date.
Old Mar 19, 2012, 5:32 pm
Original Poster

Well guys, as peace embraces you and that matter gets closer to a happy ending, I just want to express my hopes for this thread to stick to more spesific cases conserning the rules of PC and how they are to be understood?
Old Mar 19, 2012, 6:02 pm

Well guys, as peace embraces you and that matter gets closer to a happy ending, I just want to express my hopes for this thread to stick to more spesific cases conserning the rules of PC and how they are to be understood?
My case does involve how award ticket holders are treated on board. How silvers holders are treated when a flight is overbooked and problems with my account in relation to my award ticket. So these are exactly the issues you are talking about and once resolved it may answer some questions in relation to PC membership
Old Mar 19, 2012, 6:58 pm

My case does involve how award ticket holders are treated on board. How silvers holders are treated when a flight is overbooked and problems with my account in relation to my award ticket. So these are exactly the issues you are talking about and once resolved it may answer some questions in relation to PC membership
Hi Lightyear40,

Recieved your email. Will co ordinate with my colleage to expedite your case.

Best regards,
Alex
Qatar airways community team
http://www.qatarairways.com/global/e...community.page
Old Mar 20, 2012, 1:16 pm
Original Poster

Then I agree lightyear. And as that is the case, the most important is that QR's final response is put on public here, even if QR post it to you (in this case) directly as pm.
Old Mar 21, 2012, 4:12 am
Original Poster

Op up - list for priority

On a few other threads around FT the question of unclear policy for op up priority are a issue.

How are the policy on QR? Does it follow elite status? Is it made by the system or can the GA overrun?

If Michael/Alex can clearify it would be great.
Old Mar 26, 2012, 5:52 am
Company Representative - Qatar Airways

Programs: Qatar Airways Privilege Club
On a few other threads around FT the question of unclear policy for op up priority are a issue.

How are the policy on QR? Does it follow elite status? Is it made by the system or can the GA overrun?

If Michael/Alex can clearify it would be great.
Hi. are still getting clarification and will have an answer for you this week for sure. Thanks so much.

Michael @ The Qatar Airways Community

Last edited by QatarAirwaysCommunity; Mar 26, 2012 at 6:34 am
Old Mar 26, 2012, 11:32 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by QatarAirwaysCommunity
Hi. are still getting clarification and will have an answer for you this week for sure. Thanks so much.

Michael @ The Qatar Airways Community
^
Old Mar 27, 2012, 9:23 pm

Programs: QF WP, QR GOLD, TK GOLD, EY GOLD, AF/KLM GOLD
Status match

Alex & Michael, will QR status match me to silver as i am Silver in both Virgin Australia and Qantas?

My brother was recently status matched by EY because he is EK silver and QR silver.

I will be based in KHI For the next few months and will be frequently travelling in business class to JFK/YYZ but i do not want to lose my mile earning capability as i will start with QR
Old Mar 28, 2012, 12:12 am

Programs: OWS, *A G
Originally Posted by zainman
Alex & Michael, will QR status match me to silver as i am Silver in both Virgin Australia and Qantas?

My brother was recently status matched by EY because he is EK silver and QR silver.

I will be based in KHI For the next few months and will be frequently travelling in business class to JFK/YYZ but i do not want to lose my mile earning capability as i will start with QR
I made a pale attempt with QR for status matching my EK gold and whilst I havn't received an answer ever since, EY has in the meantime come back to me with a positive answer.
Old Mar 28, 2012, 1:45 am

Originally Posted by zainman

Hi Zainman,

Thank you for your inquiry. We are checking with the relevant department regarding your enquiry. We will advise you as soon as possible.

Best regards,
Alex
The Qatar Airways Community
http://www.qatarairways.com/global/e...community.page

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.