Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

QR Privilege Club - how are the accurate rules/benefits?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

QR Privilege Club - how are the accurate rules/benefits?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2012, 9:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: EBS, EY Gold Eite, EK Gold, QR Platinum, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by QatarAirwaysCommunity
Hi. are still getting clarification and will have an answer for you this week for sure. Thanks so much.

Michael @ The Qatar Airways Community
Hi Michel.

This is now a few weeks back...
Old Apr 16, 2012, 10:31 am

Programs: Skywards Gold, Etihad Gold
Originally Posted by peterdudas
I made a pale attempt with QR for status matching my EK gold and whilst I havn't received an answer ever since, EY has in the meantime come back to me with a positive answer.
I think QR really need to get their act together on this one. For example I wanted to try out EK and therefore asked EK to status match my Silver QR status. They replied within 24 hours and stated that they would match my status and also give a further Silver to my wife has well. My wife is currently a family member with QR.

We have now booked a return flight from Rome to BKK with a couple of day's stopover in Dubal. We will be flying all legs on their 380 in business class. We were still thinking of booking our tickets with QR right up until the last minute, but in the end the the pendulum fell in EK´s favour because they were offering flex tickets at the same price has QR's most restricted Z fare. EK also of course offer a limo for all legs which is another reason to choose EK this time.We also have had a lot of problems with how Qatar operate on the ground in the past and we felt that we did not want to go through that kind of stress again.

Now we have been allocated silver status on EK with the amount of extra points we will now receive it will be sufficient enough to give us an upgrade on one leg of a future economy flight. Hence EK have dangled the carrot and now are quids in. Hence Qatar need to do the same and status match themselves.

I have never flown EK before, but their website is excellent. For example you can alter seats and book discounted hotels etc. On QR it looks so unprofessional and when you book a seat on QR it puts you somewhere else and then you cannot correct the problem without going through the expensive telephone process.

I know QR still GENERALLY have a good product and I cannot knock them for that but their administration is a real shambles and although Lisette Smith who is Qatar's Senior Customer Care Officer does a wonderful job in trying to untangle this mess for us folk on flyertalk at times she must feel like hitting her own head against the wall when dealing with Doha on a general day to day basis.
Old Apr 18, 2012, 11:39 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Starbucks Gold, CO Op gold
Originally Posted by lightyear40
I think QR really need to get their act together on this one. For example I wanted to try out EK and therefore asked EK to status match my Silver QR status. They replied within 24 hours and stated that they would match my status and also give a further Silver to my wife has well. My wife is currently a family member with QR.

We have now booked a return flight from Rome to BKK with a couple of day's stopover in Dubal. We will be flying all legs on their 380 in business class. We were still thinking of booking our tickets with QR right up until the last minute, but in the end the the pendulum fell in EK´s favour because they were offering flex tickets at the same price has QR's most restricted Z fare. EK also of course offer a limo for all legs which is another reason to choose EK this time.We also have had a lot of problems with how Qatar operate on the ground in the past and we felt that we did not want to go through that kind of stress again.

Now we have been allocated silver status on EK with the amount of extra points we will now receive it will be sufficient enough to give us an upgrade on one leg of a future economy flight. Hence EK have dangled the carrot and now are quids in. Hence Qatar need to do the same and status match themselves.

I have never flown EK before, but their website is excellent. For example you can alter seats and book discounted hotels etc. On QR it looks so unprofessional and when you book a seat on QR it puts you somewhere else and then you cannot correct the problem without going through the expensive telephone process.

I know QR still GENERALLY have a good product and I cannot knock them for that but their administration is a real shambles and although Lisette Smith who is Qatar's Senior Customer Care Officer does a wonderful job in trying to untangle this mess for us folk on flyertalk at times she must feel like hitting her own head against the wall when dealing with Doha on a general day to day basis.
Said it before and I will say it again, in the air QR earn their 5* ranking. On the ground another story. Though they do treat their business class passengers pretty well on the ground, usually. I say usually cause I had a horific experience recently which I havent had a chance to write up yet. Again all the ground staff.

Emirates business class on the A380 personally I am not a huge fan off. I love the bar at the back and the seats are good. However service on A380's suck cause there are so many business class seats. You will get the best service by standing at the back of the plane in the bar. So remember that.
Old Apr 19, 2012, 8:50 pm

Programs: OWS, *A G
Originally Posted by RUN4FUN
Hi Michel.

This is now a few weeks back...
I would also appreciate any 'official' feedback. I have sent my request to the MNL sales office (that's where I'm flying from), maybe I should have sent it to a central PC email?
Old May 9, 2012, 1:40 pm
Original Poster

Hi. are still getting clarification and will have an answer for you this week for sure. Thanks so much.

"this week for sure". That was in March.....
Old May 9, 2012, 3:02 pm

Programs: OWS, *A G
in the meantime EY delivered my gold card...
Old May 10, 2012, 8:06 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by peterdudas
in the meantime EY delivered my gold card...
Mine too!^
Old May 11, 2012, 5:01 am

Any answers from QR?

Did anyone get any answer of QR concerning the status match?
Old Jun 8, 2012, 3:59 am

customer service e-mail - pretty useless

In my experience, e-mailing Qatar Airway's customer service does,well, nothing. you may or may not get an apology after several weeks. But whatever the issue, it's never addressed. In other words, if your special meal request is continually messed up, all you'll get is "We are sincerely sorry for your experience" blah, blah, blah. But then the mistake is often repeated. What's the point?
Old Jun 8, 2012, 2:58 pm
Original Poster

That was in March....and after two reminders zero feedback. Simply can't trust them.
Old Jul 30, 2012, 6:37 pm

That was in March....and after two reminders zero feedback. Simply can't trust them.
maybe he was fired for promising a response on a public forum, lol
Old Jul 30, 2012, 11:37 pm

Programs: PR, CX, QR, EK, ICH-PC, ACCOR
It may be moot now, but...

I usually just call membership services in addition to email, IME, i usually get a faster response with an email + call in follow-up. Especially when I need something very quick.

PS I call & email central office.
Old Jul 31, 2012, 11:21 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by tamag0chi
It may be moot now, but...

I usually just call membership services in addition to email, IME, i usually get a faster response with an email + call in follow-up. Especially when I need something very quick.

PS I call & email central office.
Done that. Zero zero... And the whole point is that the rules should be public and known to us all. Not something that should be dependent of a personal email and "help".
Old Aug 2, 2012, 6:08 pm

Programs: TK E,*G, A-Club G
How Qatar Airways lost a customer:

I planned a third return CDG-DOH-BKK flying business class in a 12 month window to get enough miles for gold (was silver) when I got this mail from Qatar mentioning tier review would be no longer for 12 rollong periods but form Jan to Dec. Thus my next trip would fall outside obtaining gold.

I emailed them asking if they still would consider my case and I got an avoiding reply, in the style "Fly with us and we will see"

I switched to Etihad ever since, flying BKK-BRU and am gold for 5th year.
Sometimes I find Qatar to BRU 100 euro cheaper, but it is not worth the change since it still is the rule: (no rolling 12 periods fro consideration)
Qpoints are valid for one calendar year (January to December). You must earn a certain number of Qpoints each year to retain your membership status.

I always have 50kgs on the BRU-BKK direction (40 kgs flying bis + 15 gold status), I will loose gold status because I got a redemption business class ticket with EY next year but stay on track for getting my gold back until March 2016 flying business oct 2012, may 2013 and sept 2013.

A mail from Qatar confirming I would reach gold after my next planned trip would have kept me flying Qatar, and Qatar flies to BRU also at last, but you lost me

Last edited by tartempion; Aug 2, 2012 at 11:52 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.