When and where will QR fly their A380's and 787's?

Subscribe
I'm planning on a trip to HYD in November/December 2012 from Chicago and looking to fly Qatar from either JFK,IAD, or Houston. Any chance of seeing either a 787 or A380 from North America late this year or early next year?
Seems fairly unlikely. They will only get a few 787s this year, which will start off on the London route. Depending on the capacity required, they would not be able to replace 777s on any of the NA routes.

A380s are not due until mid-late 2013...
A380 is more ikely to be used from Doha to Bangkok especially in the high season when there is not enough seats to take eveyone on the three flights that are currently operating. Another A380 may fly via London, because that is one of the few routes that is still attracting first class passengers. I assume the 787 will take over from the A340 which is far too expensive to run. 787 may also take over from long haul A320 routes that are not popular with the paying public.
Quote: I assume the 787 will take over from the A340 which is far too expensive to run. 787 may also take over from long haul A320 routes that are not popular with the paying public.
The A340 fits a fair few more people onboard... and features the most premium seats of any of their aircraft. Furthermore, I could be mistaken, but I don't believe that it's "far too expensive" anymore, as when al Baker originally said that, he still had a lounge in it. They now feature 42 more economy seats and are presumably much more profitable...
Quote: The A340 fits a fair few more people onboard... and features the most premium seats of any of their aircraft. Furthermore, I could be mistaken, but I don't believe that it's "far too expensive" anymore, as when al Baker originally said that, he still had a lounge in it. They now feature 42 more economy seats and are presumably much more profitable...
The 787s I think can take over route with 777-200LR currently who do not use a lot of premium seats, since they have almost the same number of seats; with fewer J seats of course.
Candidates for A380 I think we have LHR, JFK, BKK, FRA (?). No idea what other destinations would be, but many things can change in 2 years from now...
It would be nice if Qatar expanded into Chicago, ORD-DOH on a QR 787...would be quite dreamy
A 787 from LHR-DOH would still be great as it would still be a 6-7 hour flight, enough time to appreciate the new airplane.
Unless you're in the tightly packed economy section between 2 large passengers...
Quote: Unless you're in the tightly packed economy section between 2 large passengers...
Just googled the 787 seating in a couple of lcc's, among them the lcc Norwegian.no.....and you guessed it. The same as QR!