Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Booking via Expedia.ca

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2011, 8:20 am
Original Poster

Booking via Expedia.ca

I used my friend's credit card when I booked a QR flight on Expedia.ca. After that I realized that QR requires passengers to show the same credit card used to purchase the ticket during check-in. Does this rule only apply to those who booked through their website directly but not to those who booked through Expedia.ca? Note that on my friend's cc statement, it showed charges from "qatarairways" not "expedia". I need clarification on this. TQ
Old Nov 21, 2011, 4:23 am

Programs: QR Gold
I have never needed to show my CC when booking through an agent, but i have needed to show my CC when booked direct...

No need to worry
Old Nov 21, 2011, 5:12 am

Let's say you book through an agency. The charge on your credit card is from the agency, not Qatar. Let's say Qatar asks for the credit card that's in their records and won't accept your explanation that it's a travel agency that paid the ticket, but that you of course paid the agency for the ticket.

Would printouts of the charge (including extras like insurance) from the agency and then printout of where you paid off the credit card (and then be able to show the credit card you used to pay the travel agency to them) be enough to show Qatar for them to let you fly?

It sounds reasonable to me that it would be enough?
Old Nov 21, 2011, 8:01 am

Programs: Skyward miles, Privilege club
Originally Posted by peace1709
I used my friend's credit card when I booked a QR flight on Expedia.ca. After that I realized that QR requires passengers to show the same credit card used to purchase the ticket during check-in. Does this rule only apply to those who booked through their website directly but not to those who booked through Expedia.ca? Note that on my friend's cc statement, it showed charges from "qatarairways" not "expedia". I need clarification on this. TQ
I brought a ticket for my brother once with QR via a travel agent. I asked them the same question about credit card verification at check in and the TA said it would be ok. It's true my, my brother didn't have to show the card.

I was told by teh TA, that the reason for this is that the TA is bearing the responsibility for any fraudulent behaviour and not the airline. Ultimately the TA is buying the seat from the airline and then selling it onto the passenger.

In the case of buying through QR directly, the airline wants to verify everything in case of fraud, money laundering, identification etc. which is why they want to see the card at check-in. Obviously the TA has a"lower" standard of care for checking then the Airlines

However if you are still worried, get your friend to photocopy both sides of the card and black out some of the numbers on the front and a digit from the back, get the friend to sign the photocopy together with a note and you should be ok. Send the photocopy via email to Doha and get them to put a note on your booking.

SC

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.