Search
Old Jun 4, 2013, 1:53 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: lost_in_translation
*Reboot as of February 2023 by lost_in_translation*

Information on QR lounge access across the globe, can be found here:

http://www.qatarairways.com/global/e...d-lounges.page

QR-operated outstation lounges
The QR Bangkok (BKK) Premium Lounge: Opened in 2018. Discussed on FT here. Access is restricted to departing passengers ticketed in oneworld J or F. Access is not permitted if flying on a QR Business Lite (P) fare. No guests.
The QR Beirut Airport (BEY) Premium Lounge: Opened in 2018. Covered on the QR website here and discussed on FT here. Access is restricted to departing passengers ticketed in oneworld J or F. Access is not permitted if flying on a QR Business Lite (P) fare. No guests. [NOTE: rules were previously that only QR passengers, including those with status, could access the BEY Premium Lounge. However, status passengers may now be directed to the MEA Cedar Lounge.]
The QR London Heathrow (LHR) Premium Lounge: Opened in 2012 as the first QR Premium Lounge, located in Terminal 4. Covered on the QR website here and discussed on FT here. Access is restricted to departing passengers ticketed in oneworld J or F. Access is not permitted if flying on a QR Business Lite (P) fare. No guests.
The QR London Heathrow (LHR) Frequent Flyer Lounge: Opened in 2022 to supplement the existing LHR Premium Lounge, located in Terminal 4. Standard oneworld access rules apply (oneworld Sapphire members and above ticketing on oneworld flights plus guest, passengers ticketed in oneworld J or F are also eligible but may prefer to use the Premium Lounge).
The QR Paris (CDG) Premium Lounge: Opened in 2018, located in Terminal 1. Covered on the QR website here and discussed on FT here. Reopened February 2023 after COVID and awaiting first post-COVID report. Access is restricted to departing passengers ticketed in oneworld J or F. Access is not permitted if flying on a QR Business Lite (P) fare. No guests.
The QR Singapore (SIN) Premium Lounge: Opened in 2020, located in Terminal 1. Covered on the QR website here and discussed on FT here. Access is restricted to departing passengers ticketed in oneworld J or F. Access is not permitted if flying on a QR Business Lite (P) fare. No guests.

Former QR-operated outstation lounges
The QR Dubai (DXB) Premium Lounge: Opened in 2016, located in Terminal 1. Not covered on the QR website but discussed on FT here. Currently closed long-term and unclear if it will reopen.

Information previously within this WIKI, has been moved to:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/25682245-post354.html and will not be updated.

Information about general oneworld lounge access
https://www.oneworld.com/ffp/lounge-access

Print Wikipost

Qatar Airways' lounges (outstation)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2015, 10:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
The OW rules would make the lounge in HND the business class lounge. Long haul F connecting to short haul J/Y or vice versa would give access to the F lounge. Here you have long haul J connecting to short haul F.
If QR has their own rules, I don't know. But you will be given a lounge invitation at check in, so it will be very clear which lounge you will get.
Thats what I figured. But will argue for F lounge, since DOH-DXB-LHR are in F, and its just HND-DOH that is in J. Who is to say DXB-LHR is not longhaul
Old Jun 28, 2015, 11:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by rankourabu
Thats what I figured. But will argue for F lounge, since DOH-DXB-LHR are in F, and its just HND-DOH that is in J. Who is to say DXB-LHR is not longhaul
Long haul to long haul connection is by each sector. So that is not going to help. What you would need is long haul F connecting to short haul non F. Or the other way around.
Old Jun 30, 2015, 1:22 am

Originally Posted by Nuff Said
According to the One World website, QR now uses the Jet Lounge, as do all other OW carriers. The Air Lounge is shown as being used by Air Berlin only. I updated Wiki a few days ago.
FYI - I contacted Qatar about this and they have informed me that Qatar J and F passengers have access to all 3 lounges (Sky, Jet and Air)

A review of the vienna airport website lounge information suggests the same
Old Jun 30, 2015, 2:27 am

Originally Posted by baggyred
FYI - I contacted Qatar about this and they have informed me that Qatar J and F passengers have access to all 3 lounges (Sky, Jet and Air)

A review of the vienna airport website lounge information suggests the same
I'll be there in a few weeks and will check the matter out as a PC Gold travelling in economy. Its possible that passengers are offered a choice of preferred lounge when they check in.
Old Jun 30, 2015, 7:03 am

Originally Posted by Nuff Said
I'll be there in a few weeks and will check the matter out as a PC Gold travelling in economy. Its possible that passengers are offered a choice of preferred lounge when they check in.
that would be great
Old Jul 11, 2015, 1:57 am

Programs: TK E,*G, A-Club G
Being only silver I got access to the VIE Air lounge situated immediately after passport control.
I was told I could have access to the other lounges as well, but preferred the lounge near the departing gate. They had linzen soup and Austrian pasta with ham and cheese besides a salad bar and a choice of drinks including wines and booze, free internet connection also. Runway view.
Anyway, better experience than Royal Orchid BKK or BRU SN and BA lounges.
Old Jul 11, 2015, 5:00 am

Vienna Lounges.

Thanks for that and for confirming that there is indeed a choice of lounges.
Old Jul 11, 2015, 4:20 pm

Programs: QR Plat, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond, IHG Gold
Today I flew MUC > DOH in J.
I stepped in the BA Lounge in MUC, which hosts QR J passengers. Unfortunately, the lounge was sub-par. I think the J lounge in DOH and LHR have spoilt me.
The lounge was pretty empty, which is good but otherwise it was old, worn out, dirty, had a very small selection of food, and a pretty useless IT setup.
I wanted to print some documents, but had no luck...USB was disabled on the machine and I couldn't connect my own laptop.

On the upside, the trip itself was good and the QR staff were great.
Old Jul 11, 2015, 8:00 pm

Thanks for the info Sky Fly, useful as MUC forms part of my Globetrotter campaign itinerary in October. Sorry to read that it was below par, sounds like a re-fit is somewhat overdue.
Old Jul 13, 2015, 7:30 pm

Originally Posted by tartempion
Being only silver I got access to the VIE Air lounge situated immediately after passport control.
I was told I could have access to the other lounges as well, but preferred the lounge near the departing gate. They had linzen soup and Austrian pasta with ham and cheese besides a salad bar and a choice of drinks including wines and booze, free internet connection also. Runway view.
Anyway, better experience than Royal Orchid BKK or BRU SN and BA lounges.
Thanks for the update!

Just a quick one - was the choice either one or the other?

Or could you have utilised the Jet Lounge before progressing into the Air lounge as well?
Old Jul 20, 2015, 8:15 am

NRT lounge

Does anyone have any views of the J experience in this lounge and how busy it gets for the 22hr QR departure?
Old Jul 20, 2015, 8:25 am

LHR

Also, anyone have a view on recent experiences at the LHR QR lounge? End of Sept late A380 flight which looks to under half full atm.

Is it still delightful?
Old Jul 20, 2015, 10:14 am

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Originally Posted by wavery83
Also, anyone have a view on recent experiences at the LHR QR lounge? End of Sept late A380 flight which looks to under half full atm.

Is it still delightful?
I will be using it in 2 weeks and will update then, if no one else has.
Old Jul 20, 2015, 11:07 am

Programs: QR Gold, BAEC, Marriott Rewards Gold, SPG Gold

Is it still delightful?
Used it at the end of May & it was still a wonderful place to spend time. Standards don't appear to have dropped & it seems to be wearing well.
Old Jul 20, 2015, 12:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Does anyone have any views of the J experience in this lounge and how busy it gets for the 22hr QR departure?
Narita is normally pretty quiet that time of day, not that many late night departures. Including the lounges.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.