Search
Old Jun 4, 2013, 1:53 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: lost_in_translation
*Reboot as of February 2023 by lost_in_translation*

Information on QR lounge access across the globe, can be found here:

http://www.qatarairways.com/global/e...d-lounges.page

QR-operated outstation lounges
The QR Bangkok (BKK) Premium Lounge: Opened in 2018. Discussed on FT here. Access is restricted to departing passengers ticketed in oneworld J or F. Access is not permitted if flying on a QR Business Lite (P) fare. No guests.
The QR Beirut Airport (BEY) Premium Lounge: Opened in 2018. Covered on the QR website here and discussed on FT here. Access is restricted to departing passengers ticketed in oneworld J or F. Access is not permitted if flying on a QR Business Lite (P) fare. No guests. [NOTE: rules were previously that only QR passengers, including those with status, could access the BEY Premium Lounge. However, status passengers may now be directed to the MEA Cedar Lounge.]
The QR London Heathrow (LHR) Premium Lounge: Opened in 2012 as the first QR Premium Lounge, located in Terminal 4. Covered on the QR website here and discussed on FT here. Access is restricted to departing passengers ticketed in oneworld J or F. Access is not permitted if flying on a QR Business Lite (P) fare. No guests.
The QR London Heathrow (LHR) Frequent Flyer Lounge: Opened in 2022 to supplement the existing LHR Premium Lounge, located in Terminal 4. Standard oneworld access rules apply (oneworld Sapphire members and above ticketing on oneworld flights plus guest, passengers ticketed in oneworld J or F are also eligible but may prefer to use the Premium Lounge).
The QR Paris (CDG) Premium Lounge: Opened in 2018, located in Terminal 1. Covered on the QR website here and discussed on FT here. Reopened February 2023 after COVID and awaiting first post-COVID report. Access is restricted to departing passengers ticketed in oneworld J or F. Access is not permitted if flying on a QR Business Lite (P) fare. No guests.
The QR Singapore (SIN) Premium Lounge: Opened in 2020, located in Terminal 1. Covered on the QR website here and discussed on FT here. Access is restricted to departing passengers ticketed in oneworld J or F. Access is not permitted if flying on a QR Business Lite (P) fare. No guests.

Former QR-operated outstation lounges
The QR Dubai (DXB) Premium Lounge: Opened in 2016, located in Terminal 1. Not covered on the QR website but discussed on FT here. Currently closed long-term and unclear if it will reopen.

Information previously within this WIKI, has been moved to:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/25682245-post354.html and will not be updated.

Information about general oneworld lounge access
https://www.oneworld.com/ffp/lounge-access

Print Wikipost

Qatar Airways' lounges (outstation)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2014, 4:39 pm

Programs: 25 million points to burn!
My suspicions were confirmed: flying Biz from ORD to DOH only gets u into the Admirals Club, not the Flagship Lounge.
Old Feb 26, 2014, 3:41 am

Programs: Qatar, Qantas club, Enrich, Skywards
Melbourne - Tullamarine Airport.

Qatar website now states Qatar is using the Qantas Lounge in Melbourne. It is in Terminal 2 & has showers.
Old Feb 27, 2014, 4:05 am

Programs: QF WP. LTG
Any word on Lounge access at Nairobi?
Old Mar 4, 2014, 6:24 am

Flying from CDG to DOH. Can i just check if I could use the OW lounge in Terminal 2 after i checked in Terminal 1? Its a night flight and i would have prefered to have a shower before boarding and QR lounge at T1 does not have shower facilities. I think CX has a very good lounge in CDG. WOuld 1 hour be enough to travel from T1 to T2, shower, and back to T1?
Old Mar 4, 2014, 6:49 am

Programs: CX,SQ,PR,QR
Originally Posted by tboons
Flying from CDG to DOH. Can i just check if I could use the OW lounge in Terminal 2 after i checked in Terminal 1? Its a night flight and i would have prefered to have a shower before boarding and QR lounge at T1 does not have shower facilities. I think CX has a very good lounge in CDG. WOuld 1 hour be enough to travel from T1 to T2, shower, and back to T1?
I doubt if you can enter T2 with a T1 boarding pass...
Old Mar 4, 2014, 11:01 am

Programs: QR Platinum, WY Gold, Shangri-la Diamond, Hilton Diamond
oneworld lounges aside, does anyone know if Platinum / Gold / Silver members have access to different lounges at some airports based on PC tier status?

eg: in Delhi there are two lounges listed here: http://www.qatarairways.com/global/e...worldwide.page - Plaza Premium & ITC Hotel - is there a difference?
Old Mar 7, 2014, 5:13 pm

Programs: QR Platinum; A3 Gold
Hi, just to report that being a QR PC Gold, it does not entitle lounge access at Munich airport. Was turned away (nicely though) by the lady at reception. QR flights depart from Terminal 2 and the Lufthansa Business & Senator Lounges there admit QR passengers with business class tickets only and not those with economy tickets albeit holding elite status (not even platinum). It seems that the lounges at Terminal 2 are rather exclusive as they are not listed by Priority Pass too.

Maybe not directly related to this thread, but at Munich airport, being PC Gold does get fast track though, although that hardly makes up for the lack of lounge access.

Obviously I would hope that QR would be more generous to elite members at this airport, if that is not too much to ask.
Old Mar 7, 2014, 7:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by hiroaki27
Hi, just to report that being a QR PC Gold, it does not entitle lounge access at Munich airport. Was turned away (nicely though) by the lady at reception. QR flights depart from Terminal 2 and the Lufthansa Business & Senator Lounges there admit QR passengers with business class tickets only and not those with economy tickets albeit holding elite status (not even platinum). It seems that the lounges at Terminal 2 are rather exclusive as they are not listed by Priority Pass too.

Maybe not directly related to this thread, but at Munich airport, being PC Gold does get fast track though, although that hardly makes up for the lack of lounge access.

Obviously I would hope that QR would be more generous to elite members at this airport, if that is not too much to ask.
It is not up to QR- LH has the exclusive on lounges at T2 MUC at the moment as they are the principal owner of the terminal (JV IIRC). I was at a presentation last year on the opening of the new satellite for international flights at MUC that seemed to have an area designated for a non LH lounge in addition to a quite impressive LH lounge complex complete with rooftop open area (LH HON/F only).

Hopefully the satellite will result in more options- in the interim there are just the restaurants or if you have enough time go landslide where the are a number of good F&B options as well as the Kempinski.
Old Mar 8, 2014, 10:58 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, SK *G, Hertz President's Circle
Reporting in from the Plaza Premium lounge at MCT. Fairly decent, I'd say - better quality than the Plaza Premiums I've been to in India in terms of size and variety of offerings.

A word of advice, though: the check-in agent didn't realise at first that OW Emeralds are eligible for lounge access. When I asked and showed my card, he took out a piece of paper with a table on it (laying out all the different OW airlines and tier levels) and wrote a lounge invitation for me. Definitely worth asking if in doubt!
Old Mar 11, 2014, 5:01 am

Programs: Too many...and an Amanjunkie
Reporting back from the Premier Lounge at DPS which seems the only QR contracted lounge in use now as it is in the new international terminal building. I venture a guess that it is the worst lounge in the QR portfolio as it is just a cordoned off area inside the airside part of the intl. terminal near Gate 5 and used by all intl. airlines I guess. Food selection of cold/hot food is limited and looked not very inviting. The chairs are mostly stained and furniture looked pretty old, seating/layout is cramped. Better skip it, so checkin late and board early. Boarding process itself is pretty organized now and there is a separate line for C/Emerald/Platinum.

EDIT: I updated wiki on this and deleted info on the Stuttgart lounge as this airport is not served by QR any more.

Last edited by ngfan; Mar 11, 2014 at 1:27 pm
Old Mar 11, 2014, 1:21 pm

Programs: Too many...and an Amanjunkie
Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG
It is not up to QR- LH has the exclusive on lounges at T2 MUC at the moment as they are the principal owner of the terminal (JV IIRC). I was at a presentation last year on the opening of the new satellite for international flights at MUC that seemed to have an area designated for a non LH lounge in addition to a quite impressive LH lounge complex complete with rooftop open area (LH HON/F only).

Hopefully the satellite will result in more options- in the interim there are just the restaurants or if you have enough time go landslide where the are a number of good F&B options as well as the Kempinski.
I venture a guess that QR will move to T1 on the next schedule change and make use of one of the lounges over there (maybe BA). I got of the 787 service yesterday at T2 and while looking back at the plane seeing the oneworld logo on it between all those Star Alliance aircrafts around it looked pretty misplaced. Same feelings when a LH agent checks you in for this flight.

Last edited by ngfan; Mar 11, 2014 at 1:28 pm
Old Mar 14, 2014, 11:08 pm

Any predictions for Edinburgh when the new service commences?

The BA Galleries Lounge has just been refurbished and looks the part.
http://boardingarea.com/onemileatati...burgh-airport/

And there's this offering from Servisair.
http://www.executivelounges.com/loun...airport-lounge
Old Mar 17, 2014, 11:04 am

Programs: BA Gold, EY Gold.
Does anyone have any experience of the Cairo lounges?

I've had a look on qatarairways.com and have found 'CAC First and Business Class lounges' listed. Are these operated by the airport? I'm not expecting uber luxe but are they worth arriving early for? I've had a google and can find no information at all. Are there also separate facilities for those booked in F and J?

Thanks!
Old Mar 18, 2014, 3:11 am

Originally Posted by Penguinmoon
Flying BKK-DOH-BER this week. Does QR still use the TG lounge since joining one world? I assume I will have no trouble using the JL lounge since it is open in the morning as well.
Yes, or at least they did three weeks ago when I last flew QR from BKK. Its either the Royal Silk or Thai Orchid lounge. It depends on the time of your flight as one of them closes at midnight from what I recall.
Old Mar 18, 2014, 3:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Nuff Said
Yes, or at least they did three weeks ago when I last flew QR from BKK. Its either the Royal Silk or Thai Orchid lounge. It depends on the time of your flight as one of them closes at midnight from what I recall.
I think you could also use the CX lounge as long as it is open?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.