Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Sign in using an external account

Old Jan 21, 10, 11:58 pm   #1

Qatar Airmiles - United Airlines Mileage

Hi guys,

I was on the United Airlines website and read that UA Mileage members can claim airmiles flown on international qatar airlines flights.

I was just on a qatar airlines flight last week and specifically asked them this prior to checking in, they had claimed that i couldnt claim the airmiles. Perhaps the qatar arilines employees were unaware of this.

Does anyone know how i can collect the miles?

Thanks
jimbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 10, 12:23 am   #2

Programs: UA 1K, LH M&M, AA EXP, Marriott Plat, Avis NotLast, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*
send a copy of your boarding passes and ticket/coupon receipt & itinerary to Mileage Plus.
Jgish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 10, 1:44 am   #3

is mail the only way to request the airmiles? it said it may take up to 2months to show.
can i not contact qatar airlines directly? i assume it would work faster than mail

thanks
jimbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 10, 4:02 am   #4

Programs: UA 1K, LH M&M, AA EXP, Marriott Plat, Avis NotLast, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*
If you could get QR to add your MP # to your PNR, either beforehand or at the airport, then then chance of getting credit quicker is possible.

After the fact certainly you can call, but MP will want hard evidence of the flight. I do not know if they will be able to see your past intinerary, unless you were flying on a UA codeshare (as some QR flights are).

Unfortunately, there is no standard timeline for crediting. Could be 24 hours, could be 2 months, could be never. And since QR declined to do it preflight, the chance of them taking interest postflight is practically nil.
Jgish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 10, 4:53 pm   #5
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mystic & T.A.
I think the problem laid with the way you told the QR check in agent that you wanted to 'claim' the miles...

In fact you should just tell them that you want to earn miles on UNITED and give them your UNITED frequent flyer number.

But if you didn't do that, then your miles will not get credited to UA. Calling QR is not the point cos you want your points to go to United and therefore United's FFP will have to process the claim - not Qatar Airways.
Guy Betsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 10, 1:18 pm   #6

Programs: BA Silver, HH diamond, SPG Gold, whole lot of almost on a whole lot of others
I believe United has a way to do it online. But you need to have your original receipt since they will need the ticket number as well as some info from the boarding pass. I did this with a Lufthansa flight about a year ago.
travelinfoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 10, 4:24 am   #7
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Quote:
Originally Posted by travelinfoo View Post
I believe United has a way to do it online. But you need to have your original receipt since they will need the ticket number as well as some info from the boarding pass. I did this with a Lufthansa flight about a year ago.
QR is not on the list:

http://www.united.com/page/article/0,6722,51633,00.html
Old Feb 2, 10, 11:08 pm   #8

Programs: QR, EK, Thai
Quote:
Originally Posted by UA Fan View Post
It is not on the "online request" list, but Qatar is on the "mail-in request" list, so to claim these miles can only be claimed by post, accordint to United rules.
Free flight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 10, 1:33 am   #9

Programs: LH SEN AF Gold,UA Prem1K ,QF Silver,CX Marco Polo Silver,ElAl Matmid, HHon G ,Velocity Silver
I had abosolutley no problems with my Qatar flight miles being deposited to my Mileage Plus Account all you need to do is give them your MP # when u book online or through an agent
A fantastic airline with TRULY world class service - no pun intented - world class usually is used by anglo advertising/spinsters to instill some sort of confidence in inferior product -after all aren't we all living in this world??
cbourl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 10, 2:25 pm   #10

If you were living in US but travelling to Doha multiple times a year, would you join UA MP or Qatar program? I am looking for a comparison and can only come up with being able to use mileage plus points within the Star Alliance. Any help would be great.
texasnewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 12, 8:35 pm   #11

My daughter is out of the country and I need to claim her Qatar miles on her United Mileage Account. How can I do this for her?
Barbara Snider Breitnauer is offline   Reply With Quote