Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

Qatar Airlines Internet Booking Dilemma - please help me!!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Qatar Airlines Internet Booking Dilemma - please help me!!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2010, 2:48 pm
Original Poster

Question Qatar Airlines Internet Booking Dilemma - please help me!!

Hi, this is my first time using a forum so forgive me if I appear desperate for information – it’s because I really am

I am very excited to book a flight with Qatar Airlines as it is a 5 star airline and I am really looking forward to seeing a new destination in Doha. I booked my flight over the internet a month ago, which seemed very user friendly and to my satisfaction I got a great price.

My flight is booked from LHR – DOH – MEL on 28th Jan 2010 and I wanted a return date of 2nd March, but somehow (maybe through fault of my own or computer error), I have a return date of 2nd Feb. My fare type is a PROMOUK ticket, which I believe is generally non-refundable in any way. I have only noticed a month later after making the booking when i returned to my Booking confirmation to book internal flights from Belfast to LHR and return.

My question is, is there any chance that Qatar will see pity on my situation and change my dates to exactly a month later (I am willing to pay a changing fee) or am I stuck buying a new ticket which I can not afford because obviously goingto Australia from London for 5 days is out of the question? I have tried ringing Customer Service, but they tell me that because it was purchased over the internet, I have to contact by email. And maybe because it was over the Christmas period, but I haven’t yet heard back from my email queries. I just don’t know what to do next. I haven’t been home in 2 years; I don’t want my experience hindered before I even get there, please help if you can.

I wonder has this happened to anyone else when using the internet booking system?
Old Jan 6, 2010, 10:14 pm

Programs: QR, EK, VS,
This is the email address I normally use and get a response.

[email protected]
Old Jan 6, 2010, 11:27 pm

Just try [email protected] email ID

Hi,
You can use "[email protected]” to communicate with Qatar Airways e-commerce Support team to get an answer....

Send them the details and explain to them what you have written her....

Good Lock
Old Jan 6, 2010, 11:45 pm

Smile Use qatarairways.com contact us forms to report to the conserns

Hi,
Go to qatarairways.com and then contact us >> option #3 dropdown >> “internet booking queries” and then write your request or feedback…. >>then submit

Good Lock
Old Jan 7, 2010, 2:31 am
Original Poster

My trip is ruined & i havent even left yet :(

Thanks for your reply Fawaz, i recieved a reply saying -

"We regret to inform you that we are unable to accommodate your request as the fare rule states that changes are not permitted for your ticket."

Surely people make mistakes like this and are able to rectify them, its exactly the next month i wanted to book - a simple computer error.

Does that mean i cant get a full refund either?
Old Jan 7, 2010, 6:31 am

Programs: LX HON, BA Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite
You'll have to count on goodwill from any staff, rules are rules and of course it is easier to give a negative reply by e-mail.
If you have a QR office near you I suggest confronting them in person.
Old Jan 7, 2010, 6:55 am
Original Poster

Still Hoping (fingers crossed) xx

Thank you Wolf, i am in Ireland and the nearest office is in London or i would be there crying like a fool to them! I have made a mistake and i hate myself for not checking my confirmation properly straight away. I am a very positive person and i am hoping that someone out there will be able to still help me - there is 21 days left untill i fly out..please God its fixed by then. Because if i cant get back, i cant go at all
Old Jan 7, 2010, 6:55 am

Programs: LH SEN, QR Gold, Aclub plat
refund through your insurance

Originally Posted by The Wolf
You'll have to count on goodwill from any staff, rules are rules and of course it is easier to give a negative reply by e-mail.
If you have a QR office near you I suggest confronting them in person.
Hi,

As The wolf mentioned, you may confront them in a QR office or, you may use your credit card cancellation insurance.

Regards,

A747
Old Jan 7, 2010, 7:00 am
Original Poster

Options - i like them!!

Hi azerty747,
I didnt think of that, will that give me a full refund? Im goinf to give Qatar a couple more days - they have at least been good in replying to my previous emails the last few days, so im still in hope they will give me some reasonable options to fix my flight!
There must still be some goodness in people to see a mistake for what it is!!
Thank you!!
Old Jan 7, 2010, 7:49 am

Programs: LH SEN, QR Gold, Aclub plat
T&C

Originally Posted by PrincessFox
Hi azerty747,
I didnt think of that, will that give me a full refund? Im goinf to give Qatar a couple more days - they have at least been good in replying to my previous emails the last few days, so im still in hope they will give me some reasonable options to fix my flight!
There must still be some goodness in people to see a mistake for what it is!!
Thank you!!
Hi,

Check carefully all insurances associated to your credit card. Depending on the level (Gold, Plat...), you can have full refund of your trip on a medical basis...

Regards,

A747
Old Jan 7, 2010, 8:01 am

Programs: LX HON, BA Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by PrincessFox
Thank you Wolf, i am in Ireland and the nearest office is in London or i would be there crying like a fool to them! I have made a mistake and i hate myself for not checking my confirmation properly straight away. I am a very positive person and i am hoping that someone out there will be able to still help me - there is 21 days left untill i fly out..please God its fixed by then. Because if i cant get back, i cant go at all

The thing is, with the internet booking if I'm correct it is not showing the flight anymore in the last confirmation screen. If they could tweak that a bit, that would be great and avoid a lot of misunderstandings.
Dare I say it may not be their biggest worry since if they insist on refusing any changes, more money is to be made?
Old Jan 10, 2010, 9:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Generally if you realised your error within a day or so, it is then more likely that you did make a genuine mistake and QR *may* make that exception. But generally from experience, QR is not at all that forgiving and they stick by the rules to the "T".

Do people go to Australia for 5 days? Well, if FT is anything to go by, yes they do.

You do have to contact QR in one way or another, and tell them that you'd like to buy up to the next fare level, which will give you some flexibility. The next best fare is HLEE3MGB fare basis.

========
Yes its great to buy this thru online, but always make sure you check exactly what you did cos there's no turning back. If you made the booking on the phone, at least you might hear the mistake when the itinerary is read back to you.

Sorry, but it might look like you're out of luck.

FYI - QR 5 star airline is usually refers to the inflight service. But their ground service (ticketing, customer relations, and even airport ticketing (which is non existence in Dubai by the way) is about a 0.5 star.
Old Jan 12, 2010, 2:23 am

...and another thing. Why doesn't qatarairways.com accept Amex cards?
Old Jan 12, 2010, 4:42 am

Originally Posted by AndyRabbit
...and another thing. Why doesn't qatarairways.com accept Amex cards?
….because AX charges the highest disagio in the industry.
Old Jan 13, 2010, 1:19 pm

Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
FYI - QR 5 star airline is usually refers to the inflight service. But their ground service (ticketing, customer relations, and even airport ticketing (which is non existence in Dubai by the way) is about a 0.5 star.
Based on my first experience with Qatar, purchasing and canceling/refunding a ticket, I agree with the ground service 0.5 star comment.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.