I was travelling from US to India via Doha.
Qatar airways lost my baggage and shows no signs of finding it back. Did a complaint PIR at Mumbai airport. Got a interim relief of 100 USD after few days.
1. Can someone help me on the compensation process for lost baggage?
2. After standard 21 days period If I claim for the new items worth 900+ USD (and around 200 USD for the old used goods) how much do you think I will get the compensation from Qatar?
3. I know that for international travel the compensation is Max upto 1000 SDR as per Montreal Convention. 1000 SDR is somewhere 1500 USD as of today. But I doubt if they will give the full amount. Am I right?
4. Will Qatar ask me for the receipts of each item I claim?
5. Following are the details:
I can provide the receipt to Qatar if they ask. for most of the following brand new gift items. Handycam was old one.
2 clocks 50
t shirts 18
TOTAL 906 USD
6. I have a travel insurance which is liable to pay me 1000 USD max. But for per peice of luggage it might give only upto 50%. Will it still pay if Qatar pays me? or Will Qatar pay me if insurance is paid?
7. Because of the disorganized staff at the baggage claim, unavailaiblity of the PIR forms, unavailiblity of the letter of authorities I lost significant time just enough to miss my next connecting flight. All this happened eventhough I told the staff to speed up the process as I have the next flight to catch.
Also, I had gifts and my suit to wear for my brother's wedding which was in the bag. The same has lost the significance given the day of the wedding is past. Who can cover up for this loss? Or I have to sue Qatar?