Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Redemptions to Maldives only 30K in biz

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18, 2009, 2:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA MM/1P, EK Au, QR, TK, Marriott Life Ti, Hilton Dia, IC Dia, Hyatt Glob, Accor Pt, Shangri-La
Redemptions to Maldives only 30K in biz

I noticed that redemptions to MLE are only 25,000 miles for economy class and 30,000 for business. Most of the 10-weekly round trips are on the A320, but some are on the A330. Expecially given the fares on this route, this seems like an excellent value.

Flights to Seychelles, about the same distance, are in the 35K Y/75K J category.

For comparison (Y/J):

25K/30K
MLE, IST, BEY, CAI, ALY, LXR, CMB, MAA, GOI, KRT, COK, TRV, AMD, ATQ, CCJ

35K/75K
SEZ, NBO, DAR, TIP, TUN
Old Dec 20, 2009, 5:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
That's 30K from-to DOH. You would still need to add on from XXX to DOH roundtrip..
Old Dec 21, 2009, 12:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA MM/1P, EK Au, QR, TK, Marriott Life Ti, Hilton Dia, IC Dia, Hyatt Glob, Accor Pt, Shangri-La
Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
That's 30K from-to DOH. You would still need to add on from XXX to DOH roundtrip..
True, unless you live in DOH, like me. I guess for the 90% or so of passengers on this route (and all other mid-haul routes) who are connecting, it's not such a great deal.

You make a great point that I didn't even consider before -- in looking at the award chart, I don't see how redemptions on QR are really viable at all unless one is O&D'ing in Doha!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.