Community
Wiki Posts
Search

No headphones during takeoff/landing

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2009, 6:11 am

Programs: Plastic Fantastic! - QF, DJ, AF, NZ, DL etc..
Interesting. A guy next to me on a recent QF dom flight had earphones on the whole way. He showed the FA the unplugged cable upon being requested to turn off - not remove the device, and left them in until back in the terminal I assume. Also on A380 I've watched the taxi/takeofff/descent/landing from the inflight camera right to the gate.
Old Aug 28, 2009, 6:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by david870mdg
... Also on A380 I've watched the taxi/takeofff/descent/landing from the inflight camera right to the gate.
I have done this in WHY but they did collect head phones earlier.

It was good to watch tailcam while landing on a fine MEL morning.
Old Aug 28, 2009, 5:36 pm

I find the whole earphone thing a bit hit and miss with the FA's.

Sometimes I forget to take off my Shure in ear phones prior to landing as I can't hear the announcement over the PA and I'm half asleep, and the FA's never tell me to take them off.

On the other hand (most often) the FA will give me a gentle nudge and ask me to remove them as (again I have missed the announcement) we are preparing for descent.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.