FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Qantas | Frequent Flyer (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qantas-frequent-flyer-498/)
-   -   Qantas Ashes Sale - LHR-SYD £215 incl taxes (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qantas-frequent-flyer/976839-qantas-ashes-sale-lhr-syd-215-incl-taxes.html)

inasmuchas Jul 20, 2009 4:37 am

Qantas Ashes Sale - LHR-SYD £215 incl taxes

It's going to be a bum rush to grab one of the 425 seats going for £215 return, but hopefully some UK based FTers will be fortunate enough to grab one of them...

Sale starts Tuesday 21 July at 8:00am GMST.

http://edm.qantas.net.au/cts/click?q...q24fFaCQ%3D%3D

I managed to snare two of the £380 return fares earlier this year, but sadly the dates don't suit this time, but still, £215 is just incredible.

Aus_Mal Jul 20, 2009 4:41 am

Yep, I'll be trying!

kpc Jul 20, 2009 5:58 am

Originally Posted by Aus_Mal (Post 12092199)
Yep, I'll be trying!

Coming home for a visit, already?:p

kaka Jul 20, 2009 7:41 am

i think i know the answer, but, are they mileage earning seats?:P

tuapekastar Jul 20, 2009 7:49 am

Originally Posted by kaka (Post 12092780)
i think i know the answer, but, are they mileage earning seats?:P

I would have thought so...but who knows until they're on sale. :)

DownUnderFlyer Jul 20, 2009 7:52 am

This should be the cheapest way for a Europe based QFF to get 4 ~'s....

Aus_Mal Jul 20, 2009 9:16 am

Originally Posted by kpc (Post 12092381)
Coming home for a visit, already?:p

Hmm, well I have very little else to do with my time :D

Plus, I need to sort out my Australian tax affairs, so also I presume the trip may even be tax deductable :)

Aisle Seat H Jul 20, 2009 9:27 am

How kind of the Aussies to get such an awful score in the first innings to ensure the prices are so low !!! :p:p:p:p:p;););)

I was at Lords for two of the days and it was a joy, I can tell ya. (Yep, I'm trying to enjoy it while it lasts... which might not be for long !)

Aus_Mal Jul 21, 2009 1:07 am

I think they went in less than 3 minutes. I had flights selected, entered my details, but by the time I went to the payment page, Qantas rejected the booking as the flights were no longer available.

Went back and did more searches, but although the fares were showing as possible on various dates, the actual flights had no availability.

Site is now running very slowly, but is still available. Can't see any sale fares on offer on the date picker page.

vulle Jul 21, 2009 1:13 am

Originally Posted by Aus_Mal (Post 12097591)
I think they went in less than 3 minutes. I had flights selected, entered my details, but by the time I went to the payment page, Qantas rejected the booking as the flights were no longer available.

Went back and did more searches, but although the fares were showing as possible on various dates, the actual flights had no availability.

Site is now running very slowly, but is still available.

I had selected flights too, was looking forward to trying A380 for the first time, but when I got to payment my flights were no longer available. :(

dddc Jul 21, 2009 1:16 am

I got one!!

Came to work VERY Early to ensure a fast connection. Did a dummy run to preload all my details. Started again at 8am. Slow connection - but then prices loaded!!!

Tried at 8.08 and still available.

Tried at 8.10 and site crashed!

Now to book connections to Brisbane!

ozzie Jul 21, 2009 1:31 am

ANd the Qantas website is now down.

babs Jul 21, 2009 2:10 am

Same problem here

Had exactly the same problem

Jumped on a couple of minutes before 8am logged into my frequent flyer account. All set put in LHR-SYD for september up came the price selected went through the fare conditions, then details and then clicked on payment and then all it crashed on me tried a couple more times same thing happend

I guess they went really really quickly and three minutes is probably pretty accurate although i was all set by about two minutes past.

babs Jul 21, 2009 2:15 am

Website

I guess you have to hand it to Qantas to bring out a new website right before they have a promotion like this that would put pressure traffic wise on the site. Very clever IT department. Although it handles traffic better than the Jetstar website :)

tuapekastar Jul 21, 2009 2:54 am

Originally Posted by babs (Post 12097734)
I guess you have to hand it to Qantas to bring out a new website right before they have a promotion like this that would put pressure traffic wise on the site. Very clever IT department. Although it handles traffic better than the Jetstar website :)

A free stress test...even if it was a prod environment! :)