Community
Wiki Posts
Search

QC Access When Flying Jetstar

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2014, 11:18 pm

Programs: QF WP LTG, HHonors Diamond, NZ Gold
Must admit, never been to AKL but...

The OP was flying JQ AKL-CHC - Domestic.

The QC is - according to the QF website - an International Lounge only.

According to the AKL airport website, all Lounges in the International Terminal are beyond Security. Separate terminals.

It's a good bet that the OP never reported back as they're still looking for the QC to access prior to boarding their long-departed JQ flight.

Regards,

BD
Old Jul 15, 2014, 12:34 am

Programs: QFWP (LTSG), NZ (Jade), TG ROP (Forgotten), OZ (Silver), AA (Cardboard), EK (Lowest of the Low)
Originally Posted by BD1959

According to the AKL airport website, all Lounges in the International Terminal are beyond Security. Separate terminals.

It's a good bet that the OP never reported back as they're still looking for the QC to access prior to boarding their long-departed JQ flight.

Regards,

BD
You are correct that there is no QC to access as the JQ AKL-CHC departs from the domestic terminal and JQ closed their pay per use Arkana lounge a few years ago. Even if it was open the answer was "No not as a One World Emerald as only QFF WP and above were granted free access", but as I said that is moot as the lounge is closed and the OP has rather limited landside facilities at the domestic terminal to enjoy.
Old Jul 17, 2014, 7:53 pm

Programs: QFF
I am still confused with the JQ (Jetstar issue), I have organised an extended family holiday and one leg is JQ as Qantas no longer flies the leg to Tasmania. Will the AA 30 day membership gain QF lounge access pre flight?
Old Jul 17, 2014, 8:02 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Rowdyman
I am still confused with the JQ (Jetstar issue), I have organised an extended family holiday and one leg is JQ as Qantas no longer flies the leg to Tasmania. Will the AA 30 day membership gain QF lounge access pre flight?
No. No lounge access based on JQ flights
Old Aug 4, 2014, 6:48 am

Originally Posted by Rowdyman
Where are you flying to/from?

Regards,

BD
Old Aug 5, 2014, 1:39 pm

Programs: Mucci des canapes, Skywards Gold, BAEC, IC Plat Amb, LH FTV
Originally Posted by BD1959

Regards,

BD
The joys of bringing 5 year old threads to life...
When the thread was started there were probably still QF domestic lounges in AKL,WEL and CHC - used to be Ansett NZ lounges and taken over by QF when it had a domestic presence in NZ
Old Aug 7, 2014, 7:00 pm

Originally Posted by pomkiwi
The joys of bringing 5 year old threads to life...
When the thread was started there were probably still QF domestic lounges in AKL,WEL and CHC - used to be Ansett NZ lounges and taken over by QF when it had a domestic presence in NZ
Thanks pomkiwi, I hadn't spotted that!

Next I'll be correcting the use of 727s between Melbourne and Hobart.

Regards,

BD

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.