Search

QF O Inventory VS BA O Inventory

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2009, 3:32 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: OWE, Hilton GOLD and counting
QF O Inventory VS BA O Inventory

I held one around the world ticket with QF. The booking class is "O" which is a promotional fare. The last sector is BA LAX LHR.

I was trying to switching my flight from 14th SEP to 8th SEP. I saw O class widely open on this flight. I called QF to change ticket. But they told me that there is no O class inventory at all with their system during that TWO WEEKS whereas in BA the O class is widely open ervy single flight. And they told me that I have to pay around GBP600 to change my ticket.

It is very strange to me since the flight number is under BA. If BA opens its O class inventory surely QF should see it as well!

Any suggestions from fellow FTs?
Old Jun 24, 2009, 3:52 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
I used the BA ICC to purchase a local QF fare SYD-ABX (using a BA e-voucher). Whilst the QF web site could sell me the fare over their web site for < $100 (I think N or O class ?), the BA ICC could only see fares that were at least double that (what QF were calling "Super Saver" on their web site). When I queried that, the ICC operator told me that they routinely don't see all fares especially some that are only sold over the internet.
Old Jun 24, 2009, 4:01 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

If you are using something like Expert Flyer to seach for availability, that will show availability for agents in the USA. You may find that calling QF in the USA , you will be able to find the space

Dave

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.