Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

QF - Economy on LAX-SYD - What to Expect?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

QF - Economy on LAX-SYD - What to Expect?

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2009, 3:06 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by number_6
I'd rather fly economy on A380 than J on 747 (and I say that as someone who usually flies F).
You can't actually be serious? That's laughable. And yes, I just flew the 747 from LHR to MEL and back on the 380. There is no way that any of the benefits of the 380 would cause me to think, even for a split second, of taking 380 Y over 747 J. Period.
Old May 15, 2009, 5:13 pm

Bit of hyperbole there one thinks?

Sounds like a great trip the OP is doing... nesting a RTW within a US-OZ return? Yup.. that's the "FT" stuff....
Old May 17, 2009, 1:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, AA PLT, SPG PLT
Originally Posted by trooper
Bit of hyperbole there one thinks?

Sounds like a great trip the OP is doing... nesting a RTW within a US-OZ return? Yup.. that's the "FT" stuff....
Yeah, you got it!

I've got a RTW leaving from Oz, but obviously I have to get there...and I definitely wouldn't be doing any of this without FT, nor would I be doing it without the ridiculously cheap prices to Oz

This works out to be a trip for my honeymoon, but it also expands for another trip for Columbus Day weekend (we live in the U.S. obviously) and another for Christmas vacation - a perfect triple vacation deal, with these two tickets!!!

RTW for honeymoon, Canada for Columbus Day and Vietnam & Oz (again) for Christmas! Thanks to you guys and thanks to FlyerTalk!

-jeremy
Old May 17, 2009, 9:14 pm
NM

Programs: AA Plat & LTG; QF LTG
I'd rather fly economy on A380 than J on 747...
That's a big call! While I have not yet experienced Y on an A380, the benefits you mention would not bring me to choose Y on an A380 over J on even a 737.
Old May 18, 2009, 12:09 am

Programs: QFF Gold, OW SAPH
I'd rather fly economy on A380 than J on 747 .
That is a huge call. Iv'e done 10-12 long haul sectors on QF in J. I have been happy with just about trip. Very happy actually. I just can't see how Y on a 380 could come close.

Barrie
Old Jun 24, 2009, 7:56 pm
Suspended

Hey I'm also on the Aug 11 flight from LA to SYD First time going to Australia. I'm excited!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.