QF15 and QF16 BNE/LAX return

Old Mar 11, 2009, 8:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QF Platinum (LTS), VA nothing, DL Skymiles
QF15 and QF16 BNE/LAX return

Flying QF15 - BNE/LAX 18th March QF15 and QF16 LAX/BNE 22nd March.

What aircraft is used on this route (seems to be only a 2 class craft 747 offering Y and J only)?

Am travelling O class. What suggestions for seat requests? I don't mind window seats, don't necessarily need exit or aisle. My QC profile has automatically requested 26A for me ...

Also what's the service on each flight? Is QF15 Lunch, sleep then Brekky and QF16 Dinner, sleep the Brekky?

Any other suggestions appreciated

Cheers, Gary
Old Mar 11, 2009, 11:20 pm

Originally Posted by Gary

What aircraft is used on this route (seems to be only a 2 class craft 747 offering Y and J only)?

Am travelling O class. What suggestions for seat requests? I don't mind window seats, don't necessarily need exit or aisle. My QC profile has automatically requested 26A for me ...

Also what's the service on each flight? Is QF15 Lunch, sleep then Brekky and QF16 Dinner, sleep the Brekky?

Cheers, Gary
Hi Gary,

I would suggest plugging your booking reference into www.checkmytrip.com and then viewing the seat map; it will allow you to take a look and see what's available and often from that I can always pick out the best seat. Also reference against www.seatguru.com
Old Mar 12, 2009, 3:27 am

Programs: QFF (Gold), Skywards, Rapid Rewards,United, Velocity, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by Gary

Is a 2 class service and will be 3 class with PE eventually.

Good seat with little more legroom and in a smaller cabin
Also what's the service on each flight? Is QF15 Lunch, sleep then Brekky and QF16 Supper, sleep the Brekky?

Cheers, Gary
Have a good trip.

"The Order of the Knights of the Hospital of Saint John, founded"[1113]
Old Mar 12, 2009, 4:06 am

Programs: Virgin Australia Velocity Gold
Evening Gary,

Qantas' BNE/LAX/BNE services are operated by a mixture of 747-400s. Incidentally, VH-OEJ "Wunala Dreaming" operated QF0015 yesterday. Generally, most flights are operated by the 2-class 747-400s, however in recent times, aircraft offering First and Premium Economy have been utilised.

With regards to your flights, planned configurations are as follows (subject to change):

18MAR QF0015 BNE/LAX: 4 Class 747-400 (52J with Premium Economy)
22MAR QF0016 LAX/BNE: 4 Class 747-400 (52J with Premium Economy)

Seatmap - http://www.qantas.com.au/infodetail/flying/inTheAir/ourAircraft/744-14P52J32PY255Y.pdf

AFAIK, first 2 Class 747-400 with Premium Economy will commence services in May (BNE/LAX/BNE PE fares should be available for sale in the coming months).

Hope that helps,

Cheers

Last edited by QF NB; Mar 12, 2009 at 4:31 am
Old Mar 12, 2009, 10:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QF Platinum (LTS), VA nothing, DL Skymiles
Great ... thanks for your assistance
Old Aug 22, 2009, 4:20 am

Programs: AC
I have a similar question for QF15/16 so I figured I would revive this thread.

I'll be flying QF15/16 on 28 Aug/5 Sept and am wondering about the configuration. I've been allotted seats 3F and 3E; when I first saw the seat numbers I got a little excited thinking I had been bumped up to F. Reality finally set in when I saw that BNE-LAX is usually a 2 class 747, but after looking at all the seat maps available for the 2 class 747, on the qantas website, seatguru, etc, there are no 3E/3F seats.

Has qantas changed there seating plan? Or are they planning on using the 3 or 4 class 747s for these flights?

Thanks
Old Aug 22, 2009, 4:36 am

Programs: Virgin Australia Velocity Gold
Originally Posted by Inverted
I have a similar question for QF15/16 so I figured I would revive this thread.

I'll be flying QF15/16 on 28 Aug/5 Sept and am wondering about the configuration. I've been allotted seats 3F and 3E; when I first saw the seat numbers I got a little excited thinking I had been bumped up to F. Reality finally set in when I saw that BNE-LAX is usually a 2 class 747, but after looking at all the seat maps available for the 2 class 747, on the qantas website, seatguru, etc, there are no 3E/3F seats.

Has qantas changed there seating plan? Or are they planning on using the 3 or 4 class 747s for these flights?

Thanks
Hi Inverted

QF15 28AUG is scheduled to be operated by a 4-class 747-400 (52J) with your 03E/F seats being in First (congrats). The same configuration is being used for QF16 on 05SEP.

Do remember that aircraft substitutions can occur on day of departure and there's every chance that the services could change to a 2-class 747-400.

Enjoy the flight!

Cheers ^
Old Aug 22, 2009, 5:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
That's first class seats with business class catering.
Old Aug 22, 2009, 6:24 am

Programs: AC
QF NB,

Thanks for the help!! I never get my hopes up when it comes to airlines, I won't believe it until my butt is in the seat.

Serfty,

From someone who is used to Air Canada's service, if they only served me a bread roll and a glass of water it would be a million times better!!
Old Aug 22, 2009, 6:55 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Originally Posted by Inverted
From someone who is used to Air Canada's service, if they only served me a bread roll and a glass of water it would be a million times better!!
Thats still better than some of UAs "FIRST" class domestic west coast "catering free" flights...
Old Aug 22, 2009, 9:24 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, QF Platinum
Originally Posted by QF NB
Hi Inverted

QF15 28AUG is scheduled to be operated by a 4-class 747-400 (52J) with your 03E/F seats being in First (congrats). The same configuration is being used for QF16 on 05SEP.

Do remember that aircraft substitutions can occur on day of departure and there's every chance that the services could change to a 2-class 747-400.

Enjoy the flight!

Cheers ^
That is great to know as I am on the same QF15 flight this coming Friday... although I will have to do with my (Q fare class) window seat in row 47 (currently showing an empty seat alongside).

Fingers crossed for an upgrade offer via phone prior to departure, or a beep at the gate (current status Gold, to be Platinum this trip (via F class fares LAX-SFO-SEA-LAX-SFO))

Then back 3 days later on QF74 (currently assigned PE seat)
Old Aug 22, 2009, 10:19 pm

Programs: QF Plat+ LTG/ OW Emerald, VA Plat, NZ Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Whatsit. Taxation is theft.
Originally Posted by Lonely Flyer

"The Order of the Knights of the Hospital of Saint John, founded"[1113]
Dirty hospitalers, their complicity in the suppression will never be forgotten, nor will it go unpunished.

"The deprived us of our rich posessions, including Malta....."
Old Aug 23, 2009, 12:23 am

Programs: QFF (Gold), Skywards, Rapid Rewards,United, Velocity, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by shillard
Dirty hospitalers, their complicity in the suppression will never be forgotten, nor will it go unpunished.

"The deprived us of our rich posessions, including Malta....."
Slow day eh................
Old Aug 23, 2009, 10:54 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, QF Platinum
...interesting to note, all fare buckets aside from C, D, I, J, T & W just went to zero (most were 4's & 5's this morning).

Looks like it might just be a full bus down the back (I can see my vacant seat next to me disappearing very soon).
Old Oct 16, 2009, 1:47 pm

Programs: AAExecPlat MM, DL MM, HH Platinum
QF16 to BNE on 10/31

I'm on QF16 on Oct 31, J Class. Realize this is usually a 3-class flight Curious if there is a way to see if the flight will actually be 4-class. I'm an Emerald on a First Class award, so would like to nab a first class lie-flat seat if it's on that ship. REalize it's J class catering. How can I tell what ship will be used? (Can't get at it thru checkmy trip). Thanks

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.