Search

IFE/QP Questions

Search this Thread

Old Dec 25, 2008, 10:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, QF NB
IFE/QP Questions

Hi everyone,

Im flying PER-SYD on QF568 on the 27th before continuing on to Auckland on QF113, with both flights in J.

On QF568, do the domestic config. 332's have PTVs? If not, do we receive digE players for that flight? I know IFE doesn't matter that much as it's a red-eye flight, but still would be nice. Do the domestic 332 J seats have power-ports for electronics?

Also, do both the QPs in PER and SYD have free wireless internet and power sockets around the lounge?

When we arrive into SYD, can we use the domestic QP/domestic J lounge as we are transferring onto an international J flight? I ask this as we have an 8 hour layover in SYD (to make the most of the QP, due to not flying J much :P)

also, im not sure if this is the right forum, but I read a TR on a.net about someone flying on LAN who bought an upgrade to J at the airport. Do they still do this?

cya,
pf
Old Dec 25, 2008, 10:39 pm

Programs: QF Platinum, VA Gold
Originally Posted by perthflyer
Also, do both the QPs in PER and SYD have free wireless internet and power sockets around the lounge?
Yes and yes. Unsure about the configuration of the domestic A332's..
Old Dec 25, 2008, 11:56 pm

Programs: QP Silver; CX MPC Green; Virgin AusRed
Thumbs up

On QF568, do the domestic config. 332's have PTVs? If not, do we receive digE players for that flight? I know IFE doesn't matter that much as it's a red-eye flight, but still would be nice. Do the domestic 332 J seats have power-ports for electronics?
The domestic A332s don't have any PTVs in J with only main screen entertainment available. I am fairly sure (not 100% though) the domestic 332J seats don't have any power points for electronics.

When we arrive into SYD, can we use the domestic QP/domestic J lounge as we are transferring onto an international J flight? I ask this as we have an 8 hour layover in SYD (to make the most of the QP, due to not flying J much :P)
According to the 'Lounge Access' page, International J customers can access the domestic QP and the domestic J lounge on the day of departure when connecting to or from a Qantas international flight but no guest is allowed.
Old Dec 26, 2008, 1:48 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
No DVD player on PER-SYD, just mainscreen.
Yes should get DVD player for SYD-AKL in J unless you are lucky enough to get an international config 767.

Yes you can use the domestic lounge before heading over to international terminal. If you are wanting something alcoholic to drink you'll need to be in the international lounge.
Old Dec 27, 2008, 6:37 am
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
I ask this as we have an 8 hour layover in SYD (to make the most of the QP, due to not flying J much :P)
Try to find someone who can guest you into the F lounge. This would be great for a long layover. The QP is pretty average.
Old Dec 27, 2008, 1:34 pm

Programs: DJ, QF, SPG, Hilton
If you've 8 hours, why not go into the city or something?
Old Dec 27, 2008, 9:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, QF NB
Update

Well, im writing this from one of the comfy green chairs at Auckland airport.

Try to find someone who can guest you into the F lounge. This would be great for a long layover. The QP is pretty average.
I couldn't have, I'm flying with my family. Your right about the SYD QP, it was quite average, nowhere near as good as EK lounges. I was starting to regret the 8hr layover but found very very comfy sofas that we slept on (turning left after reception, at the very back).

If you've 8 hours, why not go into the city or something
We thought about doing that, but decided not to due to the fact that the train to the city is outrageously expensive and that the CBD would be absolutely mobbed - Boxing Day sales.

Now we are waiting to board LA800 to SCL, as its delayed 1:40. It makes everything just so fun We miss our SCL-GRU flight, but are booked onto the next one, but when we arrive in Sao Paulo, instead of connecting onto a TAM flight that night, we have to overnight it. Then the next morning we have to fly an indirect GRU-CWB-LDB routing, though im not complaining about that (extra airport)

Also, when we flew PER-SYD on QF568, we found the service and food offererings to be slightly lacking from our QF113 flight. I thought that PER-SYD/MEL/BNE were 'international standard' flights. Could it only be like what we had due to it being an overnight flight? Will our daytime MEL-PER flight have a similar offering to the trans-tasman flights?

thanks
pf
Old Dec 28, 2008, 6:10 am
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Also, when we flew PER-SYD on QF568, we found the service and food offererings to be slightly lacking from our QF113 flight. I thought that PER-SYD/MEL/BNE were 'international standard' flights. Could it only be like what we had due to it being an overnight flight? Will our daytime MEL-PER flight have a similar offering to the trans-tasman flights?

thanks
pf

International Standard flight? Nope. It is just a long domestic flight. So don't expect too much.

BTW, you can get your family into the F Lounge provided you have enough people to guest them in. @:-)

Good luck with the rest of your flight.
Old Dec 28, 2008, 7:24 am
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
...Also, when we flew PER-SYD on QF568, we found the service and food offererings to be slightly lacking from our QF113 flight. I thought that PER-SYD/MEL/BNE were 'international standard' flights. Could it only be like what we had due to it being an overnight flight? Will our daytime MEL-PER flight have a similar offering to the trans-tasman flights?

thanks
pf
Hint: International standard flights have flight numbers in the range 1-400 (and leave from the international terminal). PER-SYD is Cityflyer standard (which means you get wine and a newspaper when non-cityflyer flights do not. See http://www.qantas.com.au/info/flying...ller/cityflyer

QF really has done a great job on their web site in describing their products and all aspects of the service. Shame it isn't read more.
Old Dec 28, 2008, 7:29 am
Original Member

...Now we are waiting to board LA800 to SCL, as its delayed 1:40. It makes everything just so fun ...
About 50% of my LA flights have been delayed. Judging by how nonchalant the LA staff act, it must be quite common.
Old Dec 28, 2008, 7:31 am
Original Member

...also, im not sure if this is the right forum, but I read a TR on a.net about someone flying on LAN who bought an upgrade to J at the airport. Do they still do this?...
LA does offer cheap J fares SYD-AKL as loads are quite low (perhaps due to the bad departure times and dismal service) and cheap upgrades. No such luck on the AKL-SCL sector, which tends to be sold out in J.
Old Dec 28, 2008, 8:00 am

Programs: QF Gold, VA Plat, IHG Plat Amb, LCAH Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by number_6
Hint: International standard flights have flight numbers in the range 1-400 (and leave from the international terminal). PER-SYD is Cityflyer standard (which means you get wine and a newspaper when non-cityflyer flights do not. See http://www.qantas.com.au/info/flying...ller/cityflyer

QF really has done a great job on their web site in describing their products and all aspects of the service. Shame it isn't read more.

If you view the site with Flash disabled, this is what you get:

Benefits of flying Qantas CityFlyer on weekday flights include:

* Newspapers from 6am to 9am weekdays
* Complimentary beer and wine from 4pm on weekdays (Perth CityFlyer services from 12pm daily)
* Dinners served between 6pm and 8pm*
* Breakfast served until 8.30am

* Excludes Canberra-Sydney flights.

Services between Perth and the East Coast of Australia have an international standard meal service in Business and Economy, and new release films for inflight entertainment.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.