Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 11, 2022, 5:28 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Mwenenzi
With the links in post 1 (from 2008) now being redundant due to aircraft changes and QF software changes the wiki has been established. Please add relevant information.

Qantas web site --->Seat maps
Click the aircraft type and download the seat map pdf
And Aerolopa QF 3rd party site a by FTer

A380
14 First, 64 Business, 35 Premium Economy and 371 Economy seats. View the Airbus A380 seat map (PDF)
14 First, 70 Business, 60 Premium Economy and 341 Economy seats. View the Airbus A380 seat map (PDF)

B787
42 Business, 28 Premium Economy and 166 Economy seats. View the Boeing 787-9 seat map (PDF)

A330
28 Business and 269 Economy seats. View the Airbus A330-300 seat map (PDF)
28 Business and 243 Economy seats. View the Airbus A330-200 seat map (PDF)
27 Business and 224 Economy seats. View the Airbus A330-200 seat map (PDF)

B737
12 Business and 162 Economy seats View the Boeing 737-800 seat map (PDF).

B717
12 Business and 98 Economy seats. View the Boeing 717-200 seat map, layout 1 (PDF)
125 Economy seats. View the Boeing 717-200 seat map, layout 2 (PDF)

A320
Two types of A320-200 aircraft configuration in operation. Both configurations have 180 Economy seats.
View the Airbus A320-200 seat map configuration 1 (PDF)
View the Airbus A320-200 seat map configuration 2 (PDF)

E190
10 Business and 84 Economy seats. View the Alliance Embraer E190-100 seat map (PDF).

F100
Operated by Network Aviation - a Qantas group airline. 100 Economy seats
View the Fokker 100 (A series) seat map (PDF)
View the Fokker 100 (G series) seat map (PDF)
View the Fokker 100 (T series) seat map (PDF)

Dash 8
36 Economy seats. View the Dash 8 (200 Series) seat map (PDF)
50 Economy seats. View the Dash 8 (300 Series) seat map (PDF)
74 Economy seats. View the Dash 8 (Q400 Series) seat map (PDF)

++++++++++++++++++++++++

Aerlopa https://www.aerolopa.com
Written by a BA forum FTer. How accurate is the diagram/drawing of windows to seats is unknown.
A380 gallery
B787 gallery
A330 gallery
B737 gallery
QantasLink gallery
Print Wikipost

The Ultimate Qantas Seat Guide

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2017, 3:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by CherylD
I'm almost at T-80 - was going to try to move from row 6 to row 1. But scanning this thread - I see that rows 1 and 2 don't have personal storage? Is that correct. I thought it would be cool to look forward.
There is a large storage unit/cupboard in front of row 1, you can store bags in there.

The downside is that the storage area takes up the first two windows - those were the ones that would normally afford the best 'forward view'. I'd still go for row 1 if you want, but manage your expectations. Row 2 will give you more space and privacy.
Old Apr 6, 2017, 4:03 pm

Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF
There is a large storage unit/cupboard in front of row 1, you can store bags in there.

The downside is that the storage area takes up the first two windows - those were the ones that would normally afford the best 'forward view'. I'd still go for row 1 if you want, but manage your expectations. Row 2 will give you more space and privacy.
Thanks! So no forward view with row 1? That was why I wanted it. Do you recommend row 2 over row 1? Does it matter which side of plane for the row 1 issue? or do both have the cupboard?
Old Apr 6, 2017, 4:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
The locker in front of row one is used by many.

5B 5J 3E 3F all have dedicated storage.
Old Apr 6, 2017, 4:11 pm

so right now - we have 6A and 6B. Hoping that Row 2 opens up at T-80. Row 3 and 5 not available.

well only 1 J/K opened up on lower deck - but 11 and 12 A/B opened up on upper deck. However - I didn't like CX upper deck and I had posted 2 years ago on this thread regarding upper deck and was advised that QF was worse than CX for upper(we had to cancel that trip unfortunately - but glad I had asked then to refer to again!). I just felt claustrophobic up there.

If Row 1 doesn't afford the front view and has traffic issues - I guess we should stay with row 6.

Unless someone advises otherwise...

Last edited by CherylD; Apr 6, 2017 at 4:37 pm
Old Apr 6, 2017, 5:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
The main cabin downstairs (rows 5 to whatever) is pretty average. Lots of traffic from crew, and pax from forward cabin going back to use WCs.

I would take 1JK over 6AB. I suppose there might still be some minimal 'forward' view, but greatly reduced from having all windows available.

The forward bulkhead on QF is also pretty average... just a grey plastic wall with a big hole cut out for access to the locker behind. There's been no attempt to make it look pleasing.

But... otherwise the forward A zone is reasonably spacious and quiet.
Old Apr 6, 2017, 5:06 pm

Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF
The main cabin downstairs (rows 5 to whatever) is pretty average. Lots of traffic from crew, and pax from forward cabin going back to use WCs.

I would take 1JK over 6AB. I suppose there might still be some minimal 'forward' view, but greatly reduced from having all windows available.

The forward bulkhead on QF is also pretty average... just a grey plastic wall with a big hole cut out for access to the locker behind. There's been no attempt to make it look pleasing.

But... otherwise the forward A zone is reasonably spacious and quiet.
Change made - thank you for your advice!
Old Apr 24, 2017, 8:38 am

Qantas A380-800 - Do the seats in row 77 fully recline?

Hey everyone!

I'm hoping to get a little assistance from someone who is very familiar with the layout of the Qantas A380-800 (QF12) seat configuration. I'm thinking of selecting seats for $35 but my research is revealing conflicting answers.

I'd like to select a seat in the economy row 77 as there are no seats behind that row. But I can't seem to find a confirmed answer if the seats in this row fully recline as much as the other economy seats, I think the full recline is 31".

Has anyone here actually travelled in this row that can provide a definitive answer?

Thank you for any help!

Dave.
Old Apr 24, 2017, 10:07 am
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
The recline in each Y seat is minimal. Only a few inches. Certainly not 31". The 31" is the seat pitch (distance between a fixed point on each seat row). As for row 77, I don't know if the bulkhead behind is an imediment.
Old Apr 24, 2017, 10:16 am

Originally Posted by og
The recline in each Y seat is minimal. Only a few inches. Certainly not 31". The 31" is the seat pitch (distance between a fixed point on each seat row). As for row 77, I don't know if the bulkhead behind is an imediment.
Thank you for clarifying the seat pitch for me og!
Old Apr 24, 2017, 10:27 am
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Colorado Dave
Thank you for clarifying the seat pitch for me og!
I'd suggest that paying for a seat is a good investment in sanity unless you like the idea of having people on both sides of you.
Old Apr 24, 2017, 11:49 am

Programs: UA
I have a related question.

Per Seatguru, the middle section of Row 70 has only 3 seats instead of 4. 70C seems missing. Seatguru indicates that this row has slightly reduced seat width.

Why this row has only 3 seats? In there any special configuration that only allows 3 seats?
Old Apr 24, 2017, 1:04 pm

Originally Posted by mike_L
I have a related question.

Per Seatguru, the middle section of Row 70 has only 3 seats instead of 4. 70C seems missing. Seatguru indicates that this row has slightly reduced seat width.

Why this row has only 3 seats? In there any special configuration that only allows 3 seats?
Hey mike_L,

I believe this row has only 3 seats as there is an access hatch in the floor where seat 70D should be. However, I'm not sure why the other 3 seats in the middle of row 70 would have a slightly reduced seat width. Hopefully someone else can help you with that.

BTW, Qantas are charging a premium for seat 71D for the extra leg room. It's $180 to select this seat.

Hope this helps,
Dave.
Old Apr 24, 2017, 1:05 pm

Originally Posted by og
I'd suggest that paying for a seat is a good investment in sanity unless you like the idea of having people on both sides of you.
Thanks og. I definitely plan to select a seat for the very reason you mention, I'm just trying to decide which one.

Cheers,
Dave.
Old Apr 25, 2017, 6:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No programs & No Points!!!
Call me stupid but why is having no seat behind you so good. Apart from nobody yanking your seat as they stand up.
Old Apr 25, 2017, 6:56 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Annalisa12
Call me stupid but why is having no seat behind you so good. Apart from nobody yanking your seat as they stand up.
Nobody using heavy fingers on the touch screen while you're struggling to sleep..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.