Old Jan 11, 2022, 5:28 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Mwenenzi
With the links in post 1 (from 2008) now being redundant due to aircraft changes and QF software changes the wiki has been established. Please add relevant information.

Qantas web site --->Seat maps
Click the aircraft type and download the seat map pdf
And Aerolopa QF 3rd party site a by FTer

A380
14 First, 64 Business, 35 Premium Economy and 371 Economy seats. View the Airbus A380 seat map (PDF)
14 First, 70 Business, 60 Premium Economy and 341 Economy seats. View the Airbus A380 seat map (PDF)

B787
42 Business, 28 Premium Economy and 166 Economy seats. View the Boeing 787-9 seat map (PDF)

A330
28 Business and 269 Economy seats. View the Airbus A330-300 seat map (PDF)
28 Business and 243 Economy seats. View the Airbus A330-200 seat map (PDF)
27 Business and 224 Economy seats. View the Airbus A330-200 seat map (PDF)

B737
12 Business and 162 Economy seats View the Boeing 737-800 seat map (PDF).

B717
12 Business and 98 Economy seats. View the Boeing 717-200 seat map, layout 1 (PDF)
125 Economy seats. View the Boeing 717-200 seat map, layout 2 (PDF)

A320
Two types of A320-200 aircraft configuration in operation. Both configurations have 180 Economy seats.
View the Airbus A320-200 seat map configuration 1 (PDF)
View the Airbus A320-200 seat map configuration 2 (PDF)

E190
10 Business and 84 Economy seats. View the Alliance Embraer E190-100 seat map (PDF).

F100
Operated by Network Aviation - a Qantas group airline. 100 Economy seats
View the Fokker 100 (A series) seat map (PDF)
View the Fokker 100 (G series) seat map (PDF)
View the Fokker 100 (T series) seat map (PDF)

Dash 8
36 Economy seats. View the Dash 8 (200 Series) seat map (PDF)
50 Economy seats. View the Dash 8 (300 Series) seat map (PDF)
74 Economy seats. View the Dash 8 (Q400 Series) seat map (PDF)

++++++++++++++++++++++++

Aerlopa https://www.aerolopa.com
Written by a BA forum FTer. How accurate is the diagram/drawing of windows to seats is unknown.
A380 gallery
B787 gallery
A330 gallery
B737 gallery
QantasLink gallery
Print Wikipost

The Ultimate Qantas Seat Guide

Old Mar 27, 2015, 12:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by WiscAZ
... Also, what about the single seat in row 5. Any drawbacks here?
See post #440 of this very thread for a photo of 5B.

5J may be better as less people walk past on boarding - I'd take either in a heartbeat if solo. 3E/F are ok for the reason mentioned (also have their own storage locker in front).
Old Apr 7, 2015, 10:01 pm

A388 66 B/C vs 35 J/K

Comparing these options for LAX-SYD. Can anyone tell me about these details:

Any difference in amount of storage (both at the seat and overhead).
Noise/disturbance levels
Temperature (does it get colder by the window and/or on the upper deck)

Thanks
Old Apr 7, 2015, 10:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by Scotlady
Comparing these options for LAX-SYD. Can anyone tell me about these details:

Any difference in amount of storage (both at the seat and overhead).
Noise/disturbance levels
Temperature (does it get colder by the window and/or on the upper deck)

Thanks
35 JK would be my preferred seats... not least because it is just a pair of seats - you don't want to be sharing with someone else!

Upper deck is generally preferred to lower deck... smaller cabin, more intimate, less people.

If you go to post #7 in this thread, you'll get a rough idea of what the seats look like (these are other upper deck Y seats): http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qanta...seat-a380.html

Last edited by LHR/MEL/Europe FF; Apr 7, 2015 at 11:01 pm
Old Apr 8, 2015, 5:41 am

Thanks for the reply & the picture. So it looks like 35K has storage next to the window, but 35J has none. Is that correct? Is there any room to store things under your seat or overhead?

The only other thing I'm concerned about is that I have read a few comments that it is colder in those seats than on lower deck (those airline blankets are pretty flimsy &#128516. Does anyone have any experience with that?
Old Apr 8, 2015, 5:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Scotlady
Thanks for the reply & the picture. So it looks like 35K has storage next to the window, but 35J has none. Is that correct? Is there any room to store things under your seat or overhead?

The only other thing I'm concerned about is that I have read a few comments that it is colder in those seats than on lower deck (those airline blankets are pretty flimsy &#128516. Does anyone have any experience with that?
there is normal overhead locker storage as well.

Qantas blankets are fairly substantial. There shouldn't be a major issue with it being too cold, but if you are concerned, maybe pack an extra throw or pair of thick socks.
Old Apr 11, 2015, 12:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF
up to your individual preferences!

Row 1 is going to be somewhat private, with virtually no foot traffic. You'll also be able to 'see forward' which is something pretty cool.

Upper deck? Some people like it. But it is a narrow cabin with a flexible floor.

In order I personally would take row 1, 2 (lots of space), 3 and then 14.
Finally snagged 2 J tickets on a date that would work (for JFK - LAX - BNE) in the last few days and just sorting out seats. I was able to grab 3EF on both JFK - LAX and LAX - BNE but 1, 2, and 14 are all blocked right now (I'm guessing due to AA Gold aka dirt status) while 3 (EFJK), 5 - 8, and 15 - 16, are all open,

Is there any benefit or point in setting an EF alert for any of those rows (1, 2, and 14) or should I just take 3EF and call it a successful day?
Old Apr 11, 2015, 12:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Duke787
Finally snagged 2 J tickets on a date that would work (for JFK - LAX - BNE) in the last few days and just sorting out seats. I was able to grab 3EF on both JFK - LAX and LAX - BNE but 1, 2, and 14 are all blocked right now (I'm guessing due to AA Gold aka dirt status) while 3 (EFJK), 5 - 8, and 15 - 16, are all open,

Is there any benefit or point in setting an EF alert for any of those rows (1, 2, and 14) or should I just take 3EF and call it a successful day?
Unless you have a preference for the upper deck, I'd say 3EF are pretty good seats. It can't hurt to set up an alert for rows 1 or 2 (row 2 in particular), but I think you are in a good starting position!
Old Apr 11, 2015, 6:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF
Unless you have a preference for the upper deck, I'd say 3EF are pretty good seats. It can't hurt to set up an alert for rows 1 or 2 (row 2 in particular), but I think you are in a good starting position!
Excellent! I'm rather indifferent between upper deck and lower deck (I've done both on other airlines though have never flown Qantas in any class). It seems that if we wanted to do UD it would only be worth moving from 3EF if row 14 opens up.
Old Apr 12, 2015, 6:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Duke787
Excellent! I'm rather indifferent between upper deck and lower deck (I've done both on other airlines though have never flown Qantas in any class). It seems that if we wanted to do UD it would only be worth moving from 3EF if row 14 opens up.
Also, 3E/F both have private storage hatches in the console at ones feet.

(14A has side storage, not sure about 14K [hatch may not be easily accessible)])
Old Apr 13, 2015, 11:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
737-800 J seating question.

Mrs. SFO777 and I are flying SYD-ZQN later this year. With only 37" pitch, thinking about the bulkhead to avoid 1AC reclining into us. I've read anat0l's pros/cons (post #6). The only thing that concerns me about 1AC is proximity to the bulkhead wall. How tight is the legroom in row 1? Any difference between AC and DF? I'm 5'10". Thanks.
Old Apr 17, 2015, 12:11 am
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Originally Posted by SFO777

Mrs. SFO777 and I are flying SYD-ZQN later this year. With only 37" pitch, thinking about the bulkhead to avoid 1AC reclining into us. I've read anat0l's pros/cons (post #6). The only thing that concerns me about 1AC is proximity to the bulkhead wall. How tight is the legroom in row 1? Any difference between AC and DF? I'm 5'10". Thanks.
Personally, I avoid the 738's row 1. There is less window side elbow room (curvature of the cabin towards the nose), more chance of a FA putting their bags in the row 1 overhead locker, and less leg stretch room (I'm taller than you ). You might also be booted out for a baby with parent(s). But, of course, you don't get reclined into.
Old May 10, 2015, 5:50 am

Programs: VA Platinum, SQ Silver, TK Gold, Hhonors Gold, Accor Plus Gold, Bonvoy Gold, Radisson Premium
QF577 Business Class

Can anybody tell me the status of the flat bed business class suite roll out with regard to QF577 (SYD-PER). I'll be taking this flight in July and again in September.

Many thanks.
Old May 10, 2015, 6:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by og
Personally, I avoid the 738's row 1. There is less window side elbow room (curvature of the cabin towards the nose), more chance of a FA putting their bags in the row 1 overhead locker, and less leg stretch room (I'm taller than you ). You might also be booted out for a baby with parent(s). But, of course, you don't get reclined into.
Thank you og.
Old May 10, 2015, 10:05 am

Programs: QF LTS WP, Avis Pres Club, HH Diam.

Whereas I prefer 1C/D, particularly as no-one reclines into you and I think there is ample room between the bulkhead, I am 178cm tall - I am not fussed about window seats.
Old May 11, 2015, 2:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

At 5'10" I suspect you'll be fine (I'm happy to take the bulkhead at 6').

There is no difference in the distance to bulkheads between the A/C or D/F sides.

(As a comparison, I once flew on an AA 757 in the bulkhead HNL-LAX-ORD, my knees were really stiff after that one - I would suggest there's another 6" of space in comparison.)

Last edited by serfty; May 11, 2015 at 2:32 am

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.