Jetstar lounge access

Old Sep 2, 2008, 1:26 pm
Original Poster

Jetstar lounge access

Does a One World emerald (AA EXP) get lounge access when flying qantas codeshare on Jetstar metal in coach on a domestic flight within New Zealand?

Thanks
Old Sep 2, 2008, 1:37 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Under OW rules, there is no lounge entitlement given that the operating carrier ( Jetstar ) is not a OW carrier

Domestically in Australia at least, the lounges do from reports, tend to allow JQ passengers into the lounges but don't know if NZ is different

Dave
Old Sep 2, 2008, 1:56 pm
Original Poster

So answer is technically no but it is worth a try. If refused, they are totally within their rights.

Thanks for the quick reply!!!
Old Sep 2, 2008, 2:38 pm

Programs: QFWP (LTSG), NZ (Jade), TG ROP (Forgotten), OZ (Silver), AA (Cardboard), EK (Lowest of the Low)
Originally Posted by 1/4MM@20
Does a One World emerald (AA EXP) get lounge access when flying qantas codeshare on Jetstar metal in coach on a domestic flight within New Zealand?

Thanks
Jetstar (JQ) only operate from Christchurch (CHC) and only to the east coast of Australia. JQ do not operate domestically in NZ.
If you mean Jetconnect, the wholly owned subsidary of QF flying under QF codes QF27XX, then yes you do have access to the domestic QP at AKL, WLG and CHC if you are travelling on a OW flight that day.
Enjoy NZ.
Old Sep 2, 2008, 3:35 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Blackcloud
Jetstar (JQ) only operate from Christchurch (CHC) and only to the east coast of Australia. JQ do not operate domestically in NZ.
If you mean Jetconnect, the wholly owned subsidary of QF flying under QF codes QF27XX, then yes you do have access to the domestic QP at AKL, WLG and CHC if you are travelling on a OW flight that day.
Enjoy NZ.
Thank you Blackcloud. That is exactly what I meant. Great news that I can use the lounge. So looking forward to my NZ trip!!!
Old Sep 2, 2008, 6:15 pm

Programs: DL Plat, NZ Elite, QF Plat
Plus if you are flying the 734's within NZ then you might get business class seats on your economy fare as well (being a OW Emerald).
Old Sep 2, 2008, 6:32 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
... and a couple of 733s (ZK-JND and ZK-JNN to be exact).
Old Nov 18, 2015, 8:47 am

JQ domestic Australia to QF J intl

I have upcoming JQ MEL-SYD then connecting on separate ticket to SIN in QF J.

Will I be able to use QF J lounge in MEL based on my connection same day intl connection with QF J?
Old Nov 18, 2015, 9:50 am
In Memoriam

Programs: Mucci
Originally Posted by michaelpowell44

Will I be able to use QF J lounge in MEL based on my connection same day intl connection with QF J?
No lounge access at all, based upon current rules (presuming you don't have QF status). You aren't departing on a OW flight from MEL, so no lounge access based on COS on SYD-SIN flight, and non-OW status shouldn't get you in to the lounge in MEL.

Having said that though, you could always try it, you may luck out.

Dave
Old Nov 18, 2015, 10:48 am

Originally Posted by michaelpowell44

The published rules say yes, though some here will argue that you're not 'connecting' if on separate tickets.

Eligible Class of Travel

International Business

Eligible if connecting to or from a Qantas or Emirates international flight on the same day.

One guest allowed and does not need to be travelling.

http://www.qantas.com.au/travel/airl...egory=qcLounge
Old Nov 18, 2015, 11:39 am
In Memoriam

Originally Posted by DH188
The published rules say yes, though some here will argue that you're not 'connecting' if on separate tickets.

Eligible Class of Travel

International Business

Eligible if connecting to or from a Qantas or Emirates international flight on the same day.

One guest allowed and does not need to be travelling.

http://www.qantas.com.au/travel/airl...egory=qcLounge
Where did you make this up from?

The OP is NOT coming off a QF flight, they are coming off a JQ flight, and JQ is not a part of OW, so OW lounge access rules do not apply.

Those rules ONLY apply if connecting from a flight operated by a OW carrier, which is NOT JQ.

Dave
Old Nov 18, 2015, 1:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver

Eligible Class of Travel

International Business

Eligible if connecting to or from a Qantas or Emirates international flight on the same day. ...
The paragraph is not specific. There is no caveat that it relates to any carrier other than connecting to a Qantas (or Emirates) international flight where the passenger is travelling in Business class.

Based on the wording, one could be travelling Tiger or Virgin MEL-SYD and get access if connecting to QF/EK J.

I suspect that was not the intention and it's meant to refer to PAX on QF.

Having posted that, it may not hurt to try pleasantly - showing the international BP. If rejected one should smile pleasantly and head back to T4.

What does hurt it that it can take up to around 25 minutes to get from Airside T1 to Airside T4 these days (longish walk + security). Moreover, to get on that JQ flight you need to be at the gate at least 20 minutes before scheduled departure time.

Last edited by serfty; Nov 18, 2015 at 2:04 pm
Old Nov 18, 2015, 5:30 pm

Originally Posted by thadocta
Where did you make this up from?

The OP is NOT coming off a QF flight, they are coming off a JQ flight, and JQ is not a part of OW, so OW lounge access rules do not apply.

Those rules ONLY apply if connecting from a flight operated by a OW carrier, which is NOT JQ.

Dave
There is nothing made up.

If you actually read the linked page you'll see that 'Eligible Class of Travel' is totally separate from 'Eligible oneworld Status'.
Old Nov 18, 2015, 6:58 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

If you actually read the linked page you'll see that 'Eligible Class of Travel' is totally separate from 'Eligible oneworld Status'.
Travelling on Jetstar from Melbourne to Sydney in economy class, there is no lounge access entitlement from class of travel in Melbourne

Travelling on Qantas from Sydney to Singapore in business class, there is lounge access entitlement from class of travel in Sydney

The only exception would be if on a 2 class Jetstar service when booked in business max
Old Nov 19, 2015, 8:05 am
In Memoriam

There is plenty made up. See below.

Dave

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.