SYD - WALK TO WOLLI CREEK STATION

Old Dec 1, 2003, 9:33 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: Mucci
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by NM:
Also note - I don't get lost,</font>
I have been told to do so once or twice....

Dave
Old Dec 1, 2003, 9:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QF PS and spouse of QP Senior Lifer PS, UA, AA, DL, AS, AV
And now thadocta joins in, my joy is boundless. I may retire while I am ahead and go back to full-time lurking.

This thread is actually intended to be about bushwalking or hiking to airports, and should be of interest to any FT Rural Fire fighters.

As for the trivia question, is it Olympic Park perhaps?

Bring on Western Creek airport, I am ready for the challenge.
Old Dec 1, 2003, 9:50 pm
Original Poster

Badgery's Creek, not Western Creek. Too many creeks near our airports. Which reminds me, the bike path along the Cooks River is an alternative approach to the International terminal. In Amsterdam city centre, I have seen a technical crewmember pedalling off in the direction of Schiphol. Secure bicycle parking is available at Schiphol airport. He was in full uniform and had a small suitcase on the back of his bicycle.

Old Dec 1, 2003, 9:58 pm
In Memoriam

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by QF ExLurker:
And now thadocta joins in, my joy is boundless. I may retire while I am ahead and go back to full-time lurking.</font>
LOL

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">This thread is actually intended to be about bushwalking or hiking to airports, and should be of interest to any FT Rural Fire fighters.</font>
Well, you brought it back on topic by mentioning pubs.

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">As for the trivia question, is it Olympic Park perhaps?</font>
Got it in one.

Welcome to the board, by the way. Are you current QF staff? If so, how easy is it for you to get around the rule against you accessing the QP's?

Dave
Old Dec 1, 2003, 10:12 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
There is no secure bike parking at the airport unless I can have someone's SACL office! RE: the Cooks River bikepath, it's OK but too many tree roots across it for comfort, and too many kids on little pink bikes to make it a viable weekend bike speedway.
Old Dec 1, 2003, 10:24 pm
Original Poster

Sorry, thadocta, I forgot, all FT QF posts must include a reference to beer, and preferably free ones.

If I was current QF staff, would I say so? But actually, no, I am not current or former employee (or owner) of any airline. I will "buy" you a HP if I am lying.

Now, unless there are any further contributions on the subject of getting to SYD or other airports by human power (i.e. walking or cycling), I hereby declare this thread closed.
Old Dec 2, 2003, 1:17 am

Location: Brisbane (BNE), Australia, QF/VA Forums Meeting Organiser
Programs: VA Plat, QF Gold (97.4% LTG), QP Life, AA (66% LTG). HH Diamond. Amex Plat, Visa Plat
You may have declare it closed, however the only person capable of ACTUALLY physically doing it is Willyroo, who last I knew was up in Wales with ajamieson but may well have moved on from there .

Given that I think he is on his way to BCN on 1 Dec (LHR time), I think he'll now be out of contact again for a while. Enjoy the emails hitting your in-box as this thread grows (as you can't change the email notification).

Yes, you may have mentioned beers, but thankfully you didn't mention the word "bus"....

ALMOST anything is considered on-topic here on the QF Forum.

Prolific...do I post that much...I like it
Old Dec 2, 2003, 1:24 am
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by QF ExLurker:

Now, unless there are any further contributions on the subject of getting to SYD or other airports by human power (i.e. walking or cycling), I hereby declare this thread closed.
</font>
Challenge!

It's quicker for me to ride a bike and dodge the little pink kids bikes for the 10 km to the airport than catch a taxi ($20-25) or drive myself. Have not tried the walking part yet (but the trip from Mascot station is certainly the go when travelling by myself - it only takes forever with a change at Central). Not sure how I'd ride home after a skin full of HPs in the QP though (one killer hill). Maybe a slow and deliberate stagger?
Old Dec 2, 2003, 1:41 am

Programs: QC Life, QFF Gold, VA Gold, HH nothing,IHG Gold
Sorry, thadocta, I forgot, all FT QF posts must include a reference to beer, and preferably free ones.

If I was current QF staff, would I say so? But actually, no, I am not current or former employee (or owner) of any airline. I will "buy" you a HP if I am lying.

</font>
Like QF WP said no thread is closed until Willyroo says so, you might be getting a few more emails yet. You could have always turned the email feature off.

Why does anyone need to buy anyone a HP while the QP hands them out for free.

Ok if you aren't QF staff then why the reference to QF ExLurker or was that just chosen at random.

------------------
Don't it always seem to go
That you don't know what you got 'til it's gone. "Concorde"
Old Dec 2, 2003, 1:43 am
In Memoriam

I wonder if og could utilise Valet Parking after riding to the airport on his bike!

Dave
Old Dec 2, 2003, 5:41 am
NM

Programs: AA Plat & LTG; QF LTG
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by thadocta:
I wonder if og could utilise Valet Parking after riding to the airport on his bike!

Dave
</font>
Willyroo is the Valet King! Most of the local plebs used the public car park for the BNE FT gathering last month. But not our illustrious moderator! Everything in moderations, especially when collecting the car from the valet. Lateral thinking at its best. As for me, I sent Mrs NM and the Mini-NM's to a Nephew's McDonalds birthday party on the other side of town, and had her pick me up on her way home .

Do you get FF points for QF valet parking?
Old Dec 2, 2003, 5:44 am
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

[quote]<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by NM:
[b]
Originally posted by thadocta:
Do you get FF points for QF valet parking?</font>
Maybe not, but I'm sure it's a lot cheaper than parking a car! Then again, I wonder if anyone has ever tried to park their bike there?
Old Dec 2, 2003, 5:45 am
NM

Programs: AA Plat & LTG; QF LTG
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Bundy Bear:
Like QF WP said no thread is closed until Willyroo says so, you might be getting a few more emails yet. You could have always turned the email feature off. </font>
Can't see why Willyroo would want to close this one. Its got everyting, beer, QP, beer, miles (well km at least), beer, bus etc. So it no different to any other topic on this board . ok, then, maybe it should be closed as a redundant thread (it all covered in other threads).
Old Dec 2, 2003, 5:45 am

Location: Brisbane (BNE), Australia, QF/VA Forums Meeting Organiser
Programs: VA Plat, QF Gold (97.4% LTG), QP Life, AA (66% LTG). HH Diamond. Amex Plat, Visa Plat
Not when you don't pay for it like Willyroo, NM...I've never tried his trick, but now that he showed us how it's done...BNE Valet Parking will never be the same.
Old Dec 2, 2003, 3:40 pm
Original Poster

The name QF ExLurker was chosen because I lurk mainly on NW, KL and MH threads, but I identify with QF, being a token shareholder, Australian resident (SYD) and future QFF user. (That last point is because KL no longer fly to Australia, being replaced by MH, but MH do not give status miles on NW FF scheme World Perks, so QF is better for me now). So when I made my "virgin" posting on a NW thread, two days ago, (but now it seems like two months) I chose that name.

Now this thread has got beer, miles, bikes and virgins. It will go forever.

Getting back to the point, which I remind you all is human-powered travel to SYD and other airports, in the Netherlands you can lose your car licence for failing a breath test while driving a bicycle, which are considered to be normal vehicles.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.