Perth - Sydney

Old Jul 10, 2001, 12:18 am
Original Poster

Perth - Sydney

Dear QF experts,

I noticed that QF flies a thrice weekly flight from Sydney to JNB via Perth using the Boeing 747-400s.

Does QF pick up passengers on the PER-SYD segment?

Will QF provide the full international service on this domestic segment?

Anyone flew this route before!

Thanks,
Carfield
Old Jul 10, 2001, 6:39 am

Carfield,

QF (to my knowledge) no longer operates a 3 X weekly JNB-PER-SYD service. It flies 5 times weekly non-stop SYD-JNB (and return). PER-JNB flights are flown by South African Airways B747-200's with QF codeshare.

Regards,

Clement
Old Jul 10, 2001, 9:54 pm

Actually, during my last years RTW, I took QF 63 which started in SYD, then went to Perth, and on to JNB. Service was fabuoluos from SYD-PER with a great brunch service and full international service. Excellent flight.
Old Jul 11, 2001, 2:05 am

Programs: QF WP, Starwood Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Avis President's Club, Amex Platinum
Yes, but these services were discontinued earlier this year when the code share services with SAA commenced.
Old Jul 12, 2001, 3:59 am
In Memoriam

Programs: Mucci
What about the HRE services? Don't they still operate SYD-PER-HRE?

Dave
Old Jul 12, 2001, 6:47 am

HRE is no longer served by Qantas (or most other airlines) due to the ........ PM (in Zimbabwe, not the one in Canberra) and the uncertain supply of fuel.
Old Jul 12, 2001, 7:17 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Multi-Sector:
HRE is no longer served by Qantas (or most other airlines) due to the ........ PM (in Zimbabwe, not the one in Canberra) and the uncertain supply of fuel.</font>
There are some people who may have thought that both PM's were of the dhead kind...

Sorry, but yes, HRE is no longer served. What was traffic like on the route anyway? Especially the premium cabins.

Clement

Old Jul 12, 2001, 7:44 am

Programs: QF WP, Starwood Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Avis President's Club, Amex Platinum
I flew the HRE a while back. I was in economy and it was full. They did a "round trip" thing with JNB as well. So one day of the week the service went PER-JNB-HRE-PER, then another it went PER-HRE-JNB-PER - so there was always a number of JNB passengers on the flights. Also, it codeshared (I think) with the British Airways franchise partner (is it comair) in SA on the HRE-JNB leg.
Old Jul 13, 2001, 4:55 am

Most of the pax on the 63/64 were travelling to/from JNB and the stop in HRE (for usually less than 40-50 pax) really pissed off the JNB/OZ pax.

As for premium pax - 100% JNB/OZ.

Air Zimbabwe (UM) code-shared HRE/OZ only

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.