Old Mar 6, 2007, 4:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
AFAIK, not yet (publically).
Old Mar 6, 2007, 8:09 am

Originally Posted by Lonely Flyer
Read on another thread that it was due to be introduced Jan/Feb

Has it and are there PJs on Pacific route
Just flew SYD-SFO on Sunday and there were no PJs in J, that's for sure. The amenity kit seemed to be basically the same as I got last time I flew J trans-Pac in Nov. 2005.
Old Mar 6, 2007, 3:19 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Originally Posted by eamus
Just flew SYD-SFO on Sunday and there were no PJs in J, that's for sure. The amenity kit seemed to be basically the same as I got last time I flew J trans-Pac in Nov. 2005.
Why on earth would QF give out PJs in J on the Pacific route? They know they have it all over UA in just the seats alone (but I'm thinking UA C / J (or should I say NC ) meals might just be scaring QF).
Old Mar 6, 2007, 4:51 pm
NM

Programs: AA Plat & LTG; QF LTG
Originally Posted by og
Why on earth would QF give out PJs in J on the Pacific route? They know they have it all over UA in just the seats alone (but I'm thinking UA C / J (or should I say NC ) meals might just be scaring QF).
Perhaps the entrance of AC flying trans-Pacific non-stop (SYD-YVR) with their nre 777 product may have an influence.

And if they want to improve the J product on the Kangaroo route (where there is significant and increasing business class competition) then they really will to apply the same changes to Pacific routes as well.
Old Mar 6, 2007, 5:01 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
AFAIK AC doesn't have PJs in business class, and has no first class.
Old Mar 6, 2007, 6:29 pm
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
AC has yet to reveal their J+ product which will debut on LAX-SYD in 2008 (?), except to say that it will be a lot better than their current J product (not hard to do), and better than any existing J product to Australia (which includes NZ and their pretty high-end J). Whether AC has concrete plans behind this press release remains to be seen. Rather ironically the timing now coincides with the QF A380 rollout.
Old Mar 6, 2007, 7:25 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by number_6
AC has yet to reveal their J+ product which will debut on LAX-SYD in 2008 (?), except to say that it will be a lot better than their current J product (not hard to do), and better than any existing J product to Australia (which includes NZ and their pretty high-end J). seen. .
J+? Is this any different to their flat herringbone flat seats which are similar to VS/NZ except they slide back rather than flip forward?
Old Mar 6, 2007, 7:28 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
The + differentiates the old (current) business class. NZ did the same with business premiere.
Old Mar 6, 2007, 9:57 pm
NM

I was not implying anything about PJs. I was commenting that the introduction of AC's new business class (including horizontal seats) may have an impact on QF's business class service offerings as UA is no longer the only competitor over the Pacific.
Old Mar 6, 2007, 10:38 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
The + differentiates the old (current) business class. NZ did the same with business premiere.
AC already has their "J+" on a number of routes, but not the SYD route.
Old Mar 7, 2007, 8:46 am

Originally Posted by og
Why on earth would QF give out PJs in J on the Pacific route?
No idea. I was just answering the OP's question about PJs.

I am looking forward to the whole Pac route getting a bit of a shake-up in premium classes particularly. I love the QF J product - I know it has its knockers, but what doesn't - but challenging them to do better, or the same for less, sounds pretty (edited - sorry can't use characters to bypass filters) good to me.

Last edited by willyroo; Mar 7, 2007 at 6:39 pm
Old Mar 7, 2007, 11:21 am
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
Originally Posted by sxc
AC already has their "J+" on a number of routes, but not the SYD route.
Then it is J++ that AC announced for LAX-SYD (or was, based on today's news that AC is suspending LAX-SYD service; I guess they are keeping the route authority, to trade for a rainy day, or to keep that pesky Westjet from filing for the LAX-SYD route). Strange business that airlines have; announce a route, never fly it, and then "suspend" it instead of cancel -- locking out any other Canadian airlines from flying that route.
Old Mar 8, 2007, 12:28 am

Programs: Virgin Australia Velocity Gold
Australian Designers Take to the Skies on Qantas

Qantas will introduce a new designer amenities collection, created by some of Australia's most recognised creative talent, later this month.

Qantas Executive General Manager John Borghetti said the collection from Australian designers Marc Newson, Collette Dinnigan, Akira Isogawa and Peter Morrissey would be offered to First and Business customers travelling on Qantas international services from 25 March 2007.

"As one of the world's top tier premium airlines Qantas is delighted to be able to showcase Australia's celebrated design talent to our global customers," said Mr Borghetti.

"This new designer collection is the first instalment in a new luxury product strategy, spearheaded by world famous Australian industrial designer Marc Newson who was recently named Designer of the Year at the annual Design Miami event.

"Marc designed Qantas' award-winning Business Skybed sleeper seat in 2003 and has since been guiding all of our product development to create a distinctive style in line with Qantas' premium positioning."

Included in the First amenities collection are:
  • Collette Dinnigan-designed floral silk purse for female customers;
  • Akira Isogawa-designed, functional and stylish, zippered pod in chocolate suede for men;
  • elegant Akira Isogawa pyjamas in soft cotton with matching luxury eyeshade and slippers;
  • high quality hydrating products from leading French skincare house Payot Paris; and
  • other comfort items, including hair products from renowned Australian hairstylist Kevin Murphy.
Included in the Business amenities collection are:
  • highly collectable amenity packs by Marc Newson - blue for women, grey for men;
  • moisturising products from Australian skincare range Ultraceuticals;
  • soft cotton pyjamas designed by Peter Morrissey and matching eyeshade on selected long haul flights; and
  • other comfort items, including Kevin Murphy haircare products.
Mr Borghetti said that as part of an extensive upgrade of its international product, Qantas would also introduce a new range of luxury designer soft furnishings and tableware, including cutlery produced by Alessi and bone china crockery produced by Noritake, in March, followed by further enhancements throughout the year.

"In May we are looking forward to extending our new designer products to our ground operations with the opening of new Marc Newson designed First Lounges in Sydney and Melbourne.

"We believe our new flagship Lounges will be simply the best in the world," said Mr Borghetti.
Old Mar 8, 2007, 12:39 am
NM

So the Jammies have been announced for Business Class ^ . Does not make any mention of only being on overnight flights or only on certain routes. Bet they are not on Trans-Tasman flight (oh yes, sorry Kiwi Flyer, NZ flights are not really international - nor domestic)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.