Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Diff between Red e-deal and Super Saver tickets

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2007, 7:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: QFF/Oneworld/Marriott Platinum

whats the difference?

the flights i want are avaliable in both fare types. I might change the return flgiht date. what is the best option to select??
Old Aug 21, 2007, 7:52 am

Very little (I assume you're talking domestic here)

Biggest difference is the availability (ie red-e-deals sell out quicker), also Points Upgrades aren't available on red-e-deals. Cost to change is the same.

Another thing to note is that if you think you're going to change dates a couple of times or more you might want to think about a Flexi-Saver or Fully Flexible ticket.

More details are here: http://www.qantas.com.au/regions/dyn...UAURED_SUMMARY
and here: http://www.qantas.com.au/agents/dyn/...eCardAug07.pdf
Old Aug 21, 2007, 8:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: QFF/Oneworld/Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Aus_Mal
Very little (I assume you're talking domestic here)

Thanks - actually i meant international.

it costs me 15pounds to change a booking on a red edeal. if i am only going to change it once, at most, twice, then the $400 isn't worth getting the super saver for no reason?

haha will the type of ticket dampen my op-up opportunity? :P or as long as i am WP i will still be in the top part of the queue behind CL?
Old Aug 21, 2007, 8:03 am

International gets a lot more trickier.

You need to read the full rules available for the fares and compare. Different international fares have different rules - eg some are non refundable at all, others are $100 cancel fee etc.

When it comes to changes, it's nearly as tricky.

I'm not aware of fare basis affecting any <minuscule> chance of an op-up, although some agents may use that as a deciding factor.
Old Aug 21, 2007, 4:28 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
If domestic, don't even bother thinking about the op-up chances - even with WP status. If international, I think you have more chances of the op-up from Biz to F than from WHY to Biz -- but then again, chances are close to zero as those who "pay" for upgrades with points will get in first.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.