Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

The (QF FF/QP) OW Lounge Info. Thread

Old Dec 4, 2013, 10:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by DomesticGoddess
Thanks. Doesn't show up on my Qantas account, but when I checked on the Finnair website it had my QF details tagged to the booking.
That may indicate your QFF number is NOT correctly inserted.

Perhaps try removing your QF number using the AY site, make sure the booking no longer has your QF FF number using Classic.CheckMyTrip.com then trying to insert it using qantas.com/yourbooking.
Old Dec 5, 2013, 4:47 pm

Programs: NZ Elite, KQ Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Gold, Choice Gold

Thanks Serfty, made it into the Cathay Wing lounge (I'm leaving from gate 2) without issues.

At the transfer desk for my SGN flight they handed me a lounge pass without having to ask, and my BP has QF Sapphire on it. And a nice bonus - was upgraded from Economy to Premium Economy, so the step down from my previous flight (AKL-HKG in NZ Business Premier) won't be so bad!
Old Dec 5, 2013, 10:40 pm
NM

Programs: AA Plat & LTG; QF LTG
Originally Posted by DomesticGoddess
Thanks Serfty, made it into the Cathay Wing lounge (I'm leaving from gate 2) without issues.

At the transfer desk for my SGN flight they handed me a lounge pass without having to ask, and my BP has QF Sapphire on it. And a nice bonus - was upgraded from Economy to Premium Economy, so the step down from my previous flight (AKL-HKG in NZ Business Premier) won't be so bad!
Sounds like the QFF number was correctly added to the booing after all. CX is good at providing lounge invitations for people who qualify, and for allowing access based on OneWorld FF status showing on the boarding pass.
Old Mar 20, 2017, 3:27 am

Programs: BA Gold
QF SYD Lounge access question

Opted to revive this old thread linked in the sticky rather than start a new one. Would appreciate QF FTers advice from a usual BA board inhabitant!

We are flying QF CHC-SYD (Y) before connecting to a separate J ticket SYD-(QF)-ADL-(QR)-DOH-(QR)-BHX(UK)

When landing at the international terminal will we have access as OWE to the QF F lounge? Or will we have to use the domestic QF Business lounge instead? Was hoping to sample the SYD F lounge while we are here!

Thanks in advance
Old Mar 20, 2017, 3:33 am
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by DocS
Opted to revive this old thread linked in the sticky rather than start a new one. Would appreciate QF FTers advice from a usual BA board inhabitant!

We are flying QF CHC-SYD (Y) before connecting to a separate J ticket SYD-(QF)-ADL-(QR)-DOH-(QR)-BHX(UK)

When landing at the international terminal will we have access as OWE to the QF F lounge? Or will we have to use the domestic QF Business lounge instead? Was hoping to sample the SYD F lounge while we are here!

Thanks in advance
No. The domestic terminal T3 is several Kms away from the international T1.
Old Mar 20, 2017, 4:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by m0hamed

When landing at the international terminal will we have access as OWE to the QF F lounge? Or will we have to use the domestic QF Business lounge instead?
No. The domestic terminal T3 is several Kms away from the international T1.
In addition, you'll never get to the airside departures area in T1. Because your SYD-ADL flight is a standard domestic flight, AIUI this means that when you arrive at SYD you'll have to clear immigration, collect your bags, clear customs and then transfer to T3 landside (probably best done using the QF transfer facility). So you'll never get anywhere near the T1 lounges.
Old Mar 20, 2017, 3:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

As above, no. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ocean...transport.html
Old Mar 20, 2017, 10:08 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Thanks for the helpful advice guys - will have to try the F lounge next time we visit ^
Old Jul 7, 2017, 4:08 am

I will be flying SYD-ADL in J tomorrow. Are the lounge attendants strict about requiring a BP departing the airport, or is it a YMMV situation?
Old Jul 7, 2017, 4:42 am
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Originally Posted by cmn.jcs
I will be flying SYD-ADL in J tomorrow. Are the lounge attendants strict about requiring a BP departing the airport, or is it a YMMV situation?
The SYD Business Lounge staff will need to see an accepatable BP or a Qantas WP (Platinum or higher) card. These are most usually not scanned. You don't need to show ID or a BP to pass through security before accessing the lounge.
Old Jul 7, 2017, 5:10 am

Originally Posted by og
The SYD Business Lounge staff will need to see an accepatable BP or a Qantas WP (Platinum or higher) card. These are most usually not scanned. You don't need to show ID or a BP to pass through security before accessing the lounge.
Sorry, I did a really bad job of phrasing my question. I'm asking about at ADL--can I use the QC on arrival, or are they strict about requiring a departing flight?
Old Jul 7, 2017, 7:30 pm

Originally Posted by og
Sorry, I did a really bad job of phrasing my question. I'm asking about at ADL--can I use the QC on arrival, or are they strict about requiring a departing flight?
Update--at ADL now. Staff didn't blink an eye when I asked if I could use the lounge as an arrival.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.