Q: QF Baggage allowance in J for Oneworld Sapphire

Subscribe
Dear all,

we will fly FRA-SIN (QF, Stop) - BNE (QF) // MEL - HKG (QF, Stop) - SIN (CX) - FRA (QF) starting end of October all in J-Class (Booking-Class D).

I have done a WebSearch and found:
- as a Qantas Gold (eqal Qantas Oneworld Sappire) I will get 10 kg extra allowance for checked baggage
- as a Cathay Pacific Marco Polo Club Gold (eqal Cathay oneworld Sapphire) I will get 15 kg extra allowance for checked baggage
- on the American Airlines Webpage I didnīt found information about an extra baggage allowance

On the Qantas and Cathay Webpages I didn`t find any information of the baggage allowance for oneworld sapphires from other Airlines (in my case: American). I am sure it has been posted anywhere on their webpages or in flyertalk but I didnīt find it.

So my question: Do I have an allowance of 40 kg (30 kg from J-Class + 10 kg as an American Airlines oneworld sapphire) or do I have an allowance of 30 kg (only from J-Class) ?

Thanks in advance for your help
Helmut

PS: I am reading flyertalk since around a year, but this is my first post. So I hope it is correct according the rules of flyertalk.
Quote: So my question: Do I have an allowance of 40 kg (30 kg from J-Class + 10 kg as an American Airlines oneworld sapphire) or do I have an allowance of 30 kg (only from J-Class) ?
You have a 30Kg baggage allowance

Dave
Additional baggage allowance is not a OneWorld benefit. Most airlines permit an additional baggage allowance for their own elites, but there is nothing available based on OneWorld status.

OneWorld benefits include lounge access and priority check-in. Most airlines also permit priority boarding and baggage handling for alliance elites.

If you want more checked baggage allowance, then convert to a OneWorld Explorer or Global Explorer round-the-world fare. By virtue of the fact that such a fare sees you including travel to/from USA you get 2 x 32kg baggage allowance.
Quote: If you want more checked baggage allowance, then convert to a OneWorld Explorer or Global Explorer round-the-world fare. By virtue of the fact that such a fare sees you including travel to/from USA you get 2 x 32kg baggage allowance.
Being pedantic ... an ATW ticket doesn't have to include the USA at all, but the fare rules for the ONE and GLOB fares specify in the fare rules that the piece based system applies

Dabe
Quote: Being pedantic ... an ATW ticket doesn't have to include the USA at all, but the fare rules for the ONE and GLOB fares specify in the fare rules that the piece based system applies

Dabe
Yes, Dabe ( ), of course it does not have to include USA. But I do know of someone who has routed UK to Australia via the USA in order to take advantage of the extra baggage allowance available under the piece system . Now, who was that??? Pretty clever, actually, if you ask me .
Most airlines are enforcing the baggage limits strictly. I was 6kg over on an AF ticket and it cost more for the excess baggage charge than the ticket price! QF/CX generally aren't weighing carry-on baggage in J, so that is one possible way to up your checked baggage allowance (but BA is strictly enforcing a 7kg carry-on limit, at least on UK domestic flights, annoying when connecting to long-haul F).
Quote: Yes, Dabe ( ), of course it does not have to include USA. But I do know of someone who has routed UK to Australia via the USA in order to take advantage of the extra baggage allowance available under the piece system . Now, who was that??? Pretty clever, actually, if you ask me .
Wouldn't have an idea ( looks around at the 230Kg brought over on 1 trip)

Dave