Community
Wiki Posts
Search

APEC card

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2014, 4:48 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
Does anyone have experience with the APEC card at IAH?
Old Jul 30, 2014, 5:34 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by danger
Does anyone have experience with the APEC card at IAH?
There is a dedicated lane with "APEC" displayed on the digital display. It was lane 47 when I went through but presumably it varies. Additionally, it wasn't possible to access directly without going under some barriers. I had to speak with an airport employee to get direction (and that ended up being to a non-APEC counter anyway, but at least it allowed me to skip the line).
Old Aug 5, 2014, 9:11 am

Originally Posted by danger
My APEC card expires on 18 November. I will arrive in Seoul two weeks or so before but won't be leaving until 26 November. Does this mean I'll be in breach of my visa when I go to leave? Will there be consequences? Is it possible to get a short extension (presumably by paying) while in Seoul or will I have to get a whole separate visa before leaving Australia?

I'm seriously low on pages in my passport.
It's an interesting question. I'm not sure of the exact protocol in this situation.

On the one hand Korea should provide a 90-day stay to all valid ABTC cardholders, so it would seem you would be OK if you enter before the expiration date. On the other hand, I am not sure if Korea immigration officers closely check the expiration date of the ABTC card on arrival, or whether they might reduce the approved length of stay based on that date.
Old Aug 5, 2014, 4:41 pm

Programs: QF-LTS & P, SQ-TPPS, IC-RA, HH-D, *wood G, Others
Originally Posted by AsiaFlyer2014
It's an interesting question. I'm not sure of the exact protocol in this situation.

On the one hand Korea should provide a 90-day stay to all valid ABTC cardholders, so it would seem you would be OK if you enter before the expiration date. On the other hand, I am not sure if Korea immigration officers closely check the expiration date of the ABTC card on arrival, or whether they might reduce the approved length of stay based on that date.
My understanding is that as long as the card is valid on entry and your passport does not expire before the maximum stay allowed (they usually look for at least 6 months before passport expiry), then you can enter using the APEC card.
Old Aug 6, 2014, 10:40 am

Originally Posted by infoworks
My understanding is that as long as the card is valid on entry and your passport does not expire before the maximum stay allowed (they usually look for at least 6 months before passport expiry), then you can enter using the APEC card.
Hopefully that is the case.
Old Aug 14, 2014, 3:38 am

Programs: QF LTG, TG *P, IHG P
APEC card

My experience is that one time a few years ago when I was entering China my then ABTC had 5 days left on it (my replacement was waiting for me in MEL) & the China immigration official said that I had to exit China by the expiry date of the ABTC. This wasn't an issue for me as I only wanted to be there for 3 days that time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.