Community
Wiki Posts
Search

EBU (Nalanji) may never fly again!

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2005, 5:44 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by thadocta
Yeah, but I use multiple computers, and some of them I cannot do the whole ad-blocking thing on some of them. So I don't mind paying $US12 for the InsideFlyer subscription, and getting FT ad-free no matter where I am.

Dave
Ahhh.. I see. The computers I use all have my anti-ad hosts file. I don't use multiple pooters butI can see why a subscription would be worthwhile if you do. When I have gone on on another compter the excessive ad content has been really intrusive

Dave
Old Sep 28, 2005, 6:18 am
In Memoriam

Programs: Mucci
Originally Posted by Dave Noble
Ahhh.. I see. The computers I use all have my anti-ad hosts file. I don't use multiple pooters butI can see why a subscription would be worthwhile if you do. When I have gone on on another compter the excessive ad content has been really intrusive
Should be a really bad fire-season in NSW this year.

(Are we sufficiently off-topic yet?)

Dave
Old Sep 28, 2005, 6:24 am
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Should be a really bad fire-season in NSW this year.
Dave
Pretty good rains in the south of NSW this arvo. Might do a bit of good for the dams - especially Goulburn. It was really quite distressing last Sunday when the Bureau of Met web site was down - .
Old Sep 28, 2005, 6:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by Dave Noble
When I have gone on on another compter the excessive ad content has been really intrusive
Yes: When I switch off the hosts file and forget to switch it back on again before coming to FT, it brings me up with a sharp shock.
Old Sep 28, 2005, 6:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Now tell me, Will EBU (Nalanji) ever fly again!

I had a fun CNS-SYD trip in 25A in it early 2002. Not a spare seat in the plane.

I remember walking from CNS QP to the gate just for a look after it fronted up from SYD. I knew it would be a 743, just not which one. Saw the blue paint job and thought, Oh! that one. I went back and had another couple of sherberts (QP didn't have HP's then)

The WHY interior was very shabby looking then; I wonder how it looks now.

OK, enough of that ... back O(ff)T..

It seems moe and more software these days requires Windows XP or later; that really putting the crush on me since I currently only have personal access to 95, NT & 98 boxes
Old Sep 28, 2005, 6:47 am
In Memoriam

Originally Posted by serfty
It seems moe and more software these days requires Windows XP or later; that really putting the crush on me since I currently only have personal access to 95, NT & 98 boxes
I know where you are coming from - one of the 'puters I use is running 98 over a dialup connection, I get back onto this one using XP over a 1.5MB ADSL connection and the difference is astonishing. On the other one, I call a page up, and then wander off for a shower, a bite to eat, have a HP, and by the time I get back the page is almost loaded....

Dave
Old Sep 28, 2005, 7:01 am

Programs: QF Gold, VA Plat, IHG Plat Amb, LCAH Gold, Hilton Diamond
What is all this Windows stuff of which you people speak?

My Amiga does me just fine....
Old Sep 28, 2005, 7:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I know where you are coming from - one of the 'puters I use is running 98 over a dialup connection, I get back onto this one using XP over a 1.5MB ADSL connection and the difference is astonishing. On the other one, I call a page up, and then wander off for a shower, a bite to eat, have a HP, and by the time I get back the page is almost loaded....

Dave
I'm replying to this on a '98 OS with a 256kb ADSL. Every 30 mins or so I may need to reset the modem. (At least mrs serfty can use the 'phone.)

No, my issue is that for the last decade or so, most 3rd party softare would run on 95/98/NT and was quite backwardly compatible.

However, Win2000, XP etc are a qantum leap and most contempoary software will not work on 9x/NT.

Back to my Nalanji experiences.

Flew it SYD-MEL on one of those afternoon sectors 5-6 years ago. I flew these a few times, and was surprised to get a 743 that day.

I was an Emerald then and had the use of the old ~40x15 metre F lounge at Sydney international. Back in those days they had open Prawn, Smoked salmon, Turkey etc 'Sandwiches' amongst other catering delights.

Last edited by serfty; Sep 28, 2005 at 7:08 am
Old Sep 28, 2005, 7:08 am
In Memoriam

Flew it SYD-MEL on one of those afternoon sectors 5-6 years ago. Was an Emerald then and had the use of the old ~40x15 metre F lounge at Sydney international. Back in those days they had open Prawn, Smoked salmon, Turkey etc 'Sandwiches' amongst other catering delights.
Back when you entered the lounge, reception was on the left, and a set of escalators in front of you? F lounge involved a U-turn to the left, J lounge was dead-ahead? (Can't remember if the U-turn was before or after the escalators - was quite a nice lounge, was in it b4 a SYD-SIN flight in F).

Dave
Old Sep 28, 2005, 7:12 am

Programs: QF LTS, AA 2MM, CO
...On the other one, I call a page up, and then wander off for a shower, a bite to eat, have a HP, and by the time I get back the page is almost loaded....

Dave
Just wanted to double check you were in a QP when all this is taking place
Old Sep 28, 2005, 7:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Back when you entered the lounge, reception was on the left, and a set of escalators in front of you? F lounge involved a U-turn to the left, J lounge was dead-ahead? (Can't remember if the U-turn was before or after the escalators - was quite a nice lounge, was in it b4 a SYD-SIN flight in F).

Dave
Rotate the picture 90º to the left. You walked in and reception was in front of you, F PAX, CL, WP and other notables to the left, J PAX, SG, QP and lesser notables down the escalators to the right.

F lounge looked over gate 32. J lounge Looked onder gate 32.
Old Sep 28, 2005, 11:18 am

Programs: QF SG-OW Sapphire, AA nobody, Marriott nobody, Velocity-where everybody's a nobody,Hertz#1 Club Gold
Originally Posted by GoldFlyer
hmm.... can this thread be entered into the "Most OT thread in QF forum ever" competition ?

It was raining when I was ready to go to work yesterday so I took my brolly. I didn't need it when I finished as the sun was out so I went home without it. I brought it home today even though the sun was out again - it might rain tomorrow.
So living in Winnipeg is like lliving in MEL GoldFlyer ??
Old Sep 28, 2005, 11:34 am

Programs: QF SG-OW Sapphire, AA nobody, Marriott nobody, Velocity-where everybody's a nobody,Hertz#1 Club Gold
Didn't the whole "now" QP used to be the observation deck back in the old TAA- Australian Airlines days?
Now on to PC's... as a SysAdmin my main home PC is still a WinNT 4.0 box - nothing I can't do on it - all my tools are loaded and installed and I don't play games. My border router is P100 Linux box (on 1.5Mbit DSL) and I haven't had a virus or trojan in years. Oh BTW it's a PII 300 overclocked to 450Mhz and boots Dos 6.22 & Win3.11(yep still installed) Win98, WinNT, Win2K,WinXP, SolarisX86, FreeBSD & the last Fedora release. Yeah I'm nuts!!!
Old Sep 28, 2005, 3:36 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Rotate the picture 90º to the left. You walked in and reception was in front of you, F PAX, CL, WP and other notables to the left, J PAX, SG, QP and lesser notables down the escalators to the right....
See, more evidence of "the joy of turning left".
Old Sep 28, 2005, 5:48 pm

Location: BNE, Australia...not too far from the nearest Qantas Pub err Club
EBU (Nalanji) may never fly again!

Originally Posted by og
See, more evidence of "the joy of turning left".
err wrong thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.