Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Sign in using an external account

Old Apr 15, 05, 9:19 pm   #1

Booking reference #?....

I have tried searching for this info with no joy....

Does the booking reference number display the seat class you are allocated to?...

If this is so, my award booking ref starts with a Z, and I only booked a Y economy seat....
Could this mean I have been allocated a Z seat?... I did mention the flight was for our honeymoon....???
high-hopes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15, 05, 9:33 pm   #2
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: OneWorld Alliance

Quote:
Originally Posted by high-hopes
I have tried searching for this info with no joy....

Does the booking reference number display the seat class you are allocated to?...

If this is so, my award booking ref starts with a Z, and I only booked a Y economy seat....
Could this mean I have been allocated a Z seat?... I did mention the flight was for our honeymoon....???
It means nothing. QF locators all tend to start (ime) with Z, Y or 2 and has no relevance to the booking class.

Dave
Dave Noble is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16, 05, 8:12 am   #3
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG ►NZ*E ►VA WP ►HHD ►IHG G
high-hopes, one can only wish .

Dave Noble is correct, it's simply the fist character of the booking reference.

If you are on international flights, click this AMADEUS Link and whack that booking reference and your Surname in and hit enter. It should show details of your booking.

If you click the black +'s in little boxes with Orange background; you will get more details, including any allocated seating. Click this and you may even get a seatmap and you can see where you have been put.
serfty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16, 05, 5:31 pm   #4
og

Programs: | QF WP/LTG | UA G | AA | AS | IHG G | bike | CityRail | Oasis Club |
It'll also show your ticket number - this is a handy feature so you know you can check whether the agent or airline is holding your money or has actually issued the ticket (including e-ticket). It's also handy if you loose your paper tickets.

The site will also show agent comments - such as flight changes where they want you to contact them and what phone numbers etc. This box only appears if there is a problem.
og is offline   Reply With Quote