Does QF open up last minute U on domestic?

Subscribe
Don't give me the ODU spiel folks - lowly PS with no QP access

I've been watching MEL-BNE flights for Saturday and my flight shows J9 D8 I0 U0. It has been U0 since I booked the bugger. Clearly it's not going to fill with paid J. Does QF *ever* open up U a day or so prior to departure rather than letting folks do ODU on day of departure? I have a UC that seems like it would be good to use for this.
Yes, they do sometimes. I have normally seen it happen more like one or two weeks out, but can happen around 2 days as well. But no certainty.
Don't be surprised if J does not fill and there is still no U. Nor should you be surprised if half the J seats are empty and you still can't get an ODU.

Sometime Qantas decide to simply travel light up front and do not cater for more than one or two spare meals in case of late rev J bookings, even though there are more J seats than that unsold.
Quote: Sometime Qantas simply decide to simply travel light up front and do not cater for more than one or two spare meals in case of late J bookings, even though there are more J seats than that unsold.
I would gladly take a biz seat with econ service/food for 1/2 the cost of the current Y->J upgrade point cost.
Richard YHPM
I'm very pleased to note that some U opened up today (onjust about all flights!) for tomorrow so I snapped it up. Interestingly the CX ITN tool said my flight was U0, but QF web was offering J award seats, so I called up and voila, U was there.. so the tool isn't ALWAYS accurate (as we know).

End result: I am in J.

Thanks also to Kiwi Flyer for his kind offer of QP access, though it was too early for me...