Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

i have 23,000 miles i need to gid rid of, what is the best way to do it?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2005, 11:37 am
Original Poster

I have 23,000 miles that i know will never use (i am in america and dont plan on being in australia anytime soon). They expire in 2007, and i know there are programs you can use your points for. Anyone have any suggestions?
Old Jan 31, 2005, 12:21 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by manoosie
I have 23,000 miles that i know will never use (i am in america and dont plan on being in australia anytime soon). They expire in 2007, and i know there are programs you can use your points for. Anyone have any suggestions?
Well, you can use them for a return domestic flight on American Airlines.

Dave
Old Jan 31, 2005, 12:33 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
You have plenty of time before they expire. Maybe you will have more miles by then?

Edited to add Welcome to FT manoosie

Last edited by Kiwi Flyer; Jan 31, 2005 at 1:03 pm
Old Jan 31, 2005, 12:50 pm

Programs: QC, QF, Avis Preferred, BW Crown Club, Priority Club
I have 23,000 miles that i know will never use ...... Anyone have any suggestions?
Give them to me
Old Jan 31, 2005, 7:50 pm

Originally Posted by dannyr
Give them to me
That's what I was going to say!

I'm your new brother - transfer them to your family members...
Old Jan 31, 2005, 8:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
Brother?

I am his DAD.

Keep your distance son.
Old Feb 1, 2005, 1:47 am

Programs: Amex Plat; IHG Spire Elite; AZ Freccia Alata, SPG Gold; ClubCarlson Gold; Accor Plat; BA Bronze.
Strange coincidence...

...I have a US$100 AA travel voucher that expires in December 2005, which would benefit someone in the US greatly.

...I also collect QANTAS FF points.

I don't mind PMs...
Old Feb 1, 2005, 5:48 am

Programs: QC Life, QFF Gold, VA Gold, HH nothing,IHG Gold
Mr Moose, haven't I seen you before.

Ok, one suggestion, is to fly an AA flight that allows you to credit points to your QF account, so this probably won't be available on the el cheapo fare but is another way to keep the account active.

One suggestion is just book an AA award flight somewhere because sure as, Qantas are just going to devalue them again in another 4 years or so.
Old Feb 1, 2005, 9:01 am
Original Poster

you guys are funny. I thought if i used them on american i only get like half the miles to use, which isnt even a round trip right? Typically, how much is 23,000 miles worth? I am willing to trade or sell them for sure. Plus, i just like you guys.

ps i dont think i will be in australia anytime soon. I wish though.
Old Feb 1, 2005, 1:00 pm

Programs: QC, QF, Avis Preferred, BW Crown Club, Priority Club
you guys are funny. I thought if i used them on american i only get like half the miles to use, which isnt even a round trip right? Typically, how much is 23,000 miles worth? I am willing to trade or sell them for sure.
If you're going to get no use out of them anyway, what's the drama?
Old Feb 1, 2005, 2:12 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
you guys are funny. I thought if i used them on american i only get like half the miles to use, which isnt even a round trip right? Typically, how much is 23,000 miles worth? I am willing to trade or sell them for sure. Plus, i just like you guys.

ps i dont think i will be in australia anytime soon. I wish though.
Maybe I've missed something, but the QF website shows redemption levels for QF/AA/BA flights. 20000 QF points will get you 2000 miles. That covers DFW-MEX-DFW as an example. It's pretty easy to figure out the value of each mile on that basis. If you are suggesting that you sell the points, you are, of course, aware of the QF T&C rule that says such a sale is against the rules. If QF can track who you are, then they can (and have, so I understand) suspend your account. Sorry to be so boring at this time of the day (it's early here in SYD).
Old Feb 1, 2005, 6:17 pm
NM

Programs: AA Plat & LTG; QF LTG
Redeem an award on AA for a 2000 mile round trip (ie up to 1000 miles each way) for 20,000 points as og says. After 25th May you can redeem one-way flights so check the redemption rates on the QF web site for pre and post May 25th.
Old Feb 2, 2005, 3:02 pm
Original Poster

i think i will check out what flights i can get. could someone direct me to where i go to find out how far 23,000 miles can take me?
Old Feb 2, 2005, 3:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Click here on the QF web site awards

Last edited by Mwenenzi; Feb 2, 2005 at 3:18 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.