Syd-Akl seat allocation

Old Feb 2, 2005, 5:18 am
Original Poster

Syd-Akl seat allocation

I am flying Syd - Akl return in July for the rugby and I have a paid economy return (upgraded Syd-Akl with points but not the return). Mrs RC has the same flight business return booked with points.

My question is that I have seen we are not allocated together, what is the best way to change this?

Also my econonmy seat on the way back is 23A?? one row behind bulkhead. Not sure why window is in my int. profile but again the best way to change this and any recommendations on a seat on a 747-300 WHY??

I haven't flown international for a while and wondered what the best way to get the seats you want are seeing as they get pre-allocated. Domestic I know but Int I am not as clear on.

Thanks in advance.
Old Feb 2, 2005, 6:29 am

I'd suggest calling the number on the back of your FF card and speaking to International reservations. (I believe it's the IVR option for "Change a booking" / International)

They should be able to tie your two bookings together so that you get adjoining seats.

As for the best seats in the house, I'll leave that open to the experts
Old Feb 2, 2005, 4:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Firstly, find both your booking references.

Then use Amadeus Check my Trip to check your seating allocations.

You can normally get seat maps (which graphically show your seat pre-allocation) by clicking the little boxes with the black +'s on an orange background. These are in the bottom left corner of the rectangles showing booking information.

I think you will find your 23A is in the 4th Row of Y on most 743s. (WHY starts row 20.)

Work out how best to sit together on your J class flight, then call QF and request specific seat allocations. It's easier for the CSO if you can quote the seat number you are after.
Old Feb 2, 2005, 5:56 pm

Programs: QF SG
Originally Posted by serfty
You can normally get seat maps (which graphically show your seat pre-allocation) by clicking the little boxes with the black +'s on an orange background. These are in the bottom left corner of the rectangles showing booking information.
Here's one for you. I am booked on an F award with QF up to HKG in March (to watch the 7s) and am flying back on CX in J (still part of the award ticket).

Looking at checkmytrip.com, I can see that I am in 1A on the way up but currently there doesnt appear to be a seat allocation on the return CX leg. I seem to recall reading a while back that CX dont do their allocations until quite close to the flight date but I would have thought that 6 weeks out should have been close enough??
Old Feb 2, 2005, 6:09 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Originally Posted by martynriddle
Here's one for you. I am booked on an F award with QF up to HKG in March (to watch the 7s) and am flying back on CX in J (still part of the award ticket).

Looking at checkmytrip.com, I can see that I am in 1A on the way up but currently there doesnt appear to be a seat allocation on the return CX leg. I seem to recall reading a while back that CX dont do their allocations until quite close to the flight date but I would have thought that 6 weeks out should have been close enough??
I've had 100% success in ringing CX reservations and asking for my preferred seats - well outside a 6 week window (after checking a seating availability diagram). Their web site gives the phone number. Alternatively, an email usually gets an answer within a working day.
Old Feb 3, 2005, 6:29 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by serfty
I think you will find your 23A is in the 4th Row of Y on most 743s. (WHY starts row 20.)

Work out how best to sit together on your J class flight, then call QF and request specific seat allocations. It's easier for the CSO if you can quote the seat number you are after.
Thanks Serfty I will do that.

I am actually in 21A for the return trip. Any suggestions on the best economy seats for that flight?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.