Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

virtuallythere.com and checkmytrip.com

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

virtuallythere.com and checkmytrip.com

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2004, 3:04 am
Original Poster

Question virtuallythere.com and checkmytrip.com

I am new to this forum. I am not sure if I should post this question here - I cannot find a "questions" section in the forum and since I am in Sydney and a Qantas FF member so I hope to get answers here.

I read in this forum that one can check a booking either via virtuallythere.com (this is Sabre CRS, I think) or checkmytrip.com (this is Amadeus CRS). Recently I booked a domestic flight with Qantas via internet and was able to find my booking in checkmytrip.com by inputting the booking reference (in the e-ticket emailed by Qantas) and passenger name.

My question relates to the use of virtuallythere.com and checkmytrip.com to retrieve a known booking. My sister who lives in Asia has booked her flights to visit me - flying Singapore Airlines. She gave me her PNR code, I put this in checkmytrip.com and it did not work. I then tried virtuallythere.com and put the PNR code in the reservation code box and it did not work either. Does anyone know if I can retrieve a known booking via these websites? Also, is there any way I can check a booking made? Thanks.
Old Sep 17, 2004, 4:11 am

Programs: Qantas Gold, Marriot Silver, Sofitel, USAir, Delta,Meritus,Plat IC Ambassador
another to try...

For the heck of it try: http://www.viewtrip.com

My current CTP booking was done on our company travel agent's Galileo system and that's where I could pull it up. The QF website only lists my QF flights for the CTP booking (made through QF for the whole thing) so viewtrip.com pulls up my AA, Cathay, and hotel reservations. If I fly for the CDC, their agent books on Sabre so virtuallythere.com works fine (I like virtuallythere.com best of all for itineraries).
Old Sep 17, 2004, 4:13 am

Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, Bonvoy LTG
I'm sure some TA type will probably be more helpful than me, but you could also try galileo's View Trip . Another option.
Old Sep 17, 2004, 6:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
And a fourth one - Worldspan.
Old Sep 17, 2004, 6:45 am

Programs: QP Silver; CX MPC Green; Virgin AusRed
I guess it depends on the system that your sister's TA use, if it is a big TA business such as STA, it would be possible to use any of the above links to check your reservation.

But if your sister booked it through the local TA and the system used to book is non- Amdeus, Sabre or Galileo (such as my usual TA), it would be difficult to trace reservations AFAIK. (My MEL-HKG-MEL is booked through the Abacus system, a booking tool for small-scale TA), so check with your sister to see which system her TA booked it on.
Old Sep 17, 2004, 1:16 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Welcome to FT A1pax

If your sister booked via www.singaporeair.com and has a login set up then she (or you) can view the booking by logging in. Other reservations - eg by TA, by phone or SQ office cannot be viewed this way AFAIK.
Old Sep 18, 2004, 6:23 am
Original Poster

Thank you all for your helpful replies. I could not book and pay for my sister's tickets on Singapore Airlines website because the travelling party must have a credit card and she does not have one. Also, the special deal is only available for booking via the internet (with a credit card) or at the local SIA office (cash). My sister went to the local SIA office, booked and paid for her tickets there. This is why (a) I was not able to retrieve her booking record via SIA website; and (b) I could not locate her booking record on any of the 4 websites mentioned (virtuallythere.com, viewtrip.com, mytripandmore.com, and checkmytrip.com) - using her PNR on the ticket. It would have been good to be able to look up her booking online!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.