Qantas compassionate fares ?

Old May 4, 2004, 6:01 am
Original Poster

Qantas compassionate fares ?

Does Qantas offer Compassionate fare discount? ....and if so how does one go about getting one?.

Thanks
Old May 4, 2004, 7:09 am

Programs: QFF WP :-0, AC, FlyBuys, Porter's Liquor Store, Mother's Helper
I read a post about this on another forum sometime ago. As I believe, you need to prove some "compasionate" reason as to require a quick and speedy trip. Apart from major tragedies like Bali where there was a real and stated need I believe airlines are amenable to genuine needs to fly and do what they can. Are you requesting a discount or access to a fully booked flight in order to get to a destination quickly?
Old May 4, 2004, 10:32 am

Unfortunately, it looks like there are no QF bereavement fares on international routes, but there are on domestic routes in Australia.

You may get some help from AA. They have domestic/Canada bereavement fares, but their website tells the story on AA codeshares for QF flights: "American Airlines offers bereavement and compassion fares for travel in the case of death or medical emergency. The information below pertains to travel within the 48 U.S. contiguous states, Hawaii and Canada. Since most international fares are regulated by foreign countries, bereavement fares are technically not offered, but customers may obtain assistance by calling American Airlines Reservations."

From a very basic search on the AC and UA forums for the word "bereavement", it looks like AC offer international bereavement fares but the pricing may not be very attractive, but that UA may be an option.

For QF, it looks like your best bet is, if you have the points, to call QF and try and get a seat opened for you if none is available for the days you need.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.