Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MCO-ADL QF fare fluctuations

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2017, 7:56 am
Original Poster

Unhappy MCO-ADL QF fare fluctuations

Hi there, yesterday I was searching for either Premium or Business for MCO-ADL, departing 31st Oct returning 13th Dec. I found a Business Sale fare for 5800USD and stupidly didn't buy it. Today when I look the same fare is 8900USD. Any chance it will fluctuate back down sometime in the next week or did I miss my chance entirely?
Old Sep 14, 2017, 1:04 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

The sale fares had an expiration of 13 September. I would be surprised if a new sale started so soon after the last

Fiji Airways seems to have a fairly cheap fare ( depending on return date ) of $6,182 return to Sydney

Last edited by Dave Noble; Sep 14, 2017 at 1:17 pm
Old Sep 14, 2017, 3:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You could also look a AA, DL & UA as all these airlines fly USA-Australia. They would have a onwards Au domestic flight on QF, VA or maybe JQ
Old Sep 14, 2017, 4:44 pm

Delta, United and Virgin all offer $6170 fares from LAX-ADL r/t

Hawaiian has $5850 fares for MCO-SYD r/t

Not as low as $5400 for mCO-ADL but there are a lot of options that would be less than $8900 r/t
Old Sep 15, 2017, 11:56 am
Original Poster

Thanks all. Preference was to stick with Qantas (or Oneworld if QF was to expensive). Guess I'll just have to watch out for QF Premium and try for upgrading. So mad at myself.
Old Sep 15, 2017, 3:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by k_nix11
.. Preference was to stick with Qantas (or Oneworld if QF was to expensive). Guess I'll just have to watch out for QF Premium and try for upgrading...
The chances of an upgrade from QF premium economy to business is very low, even with QF status. The QF points required for a premium economy to business is not much less than the AA miles for a straight out business class award.

Select your flight based on schedule/cost. The extremely low value QF points are not worth the extra money it will cost you.
Old Sep 15, 2017, 3:20 pm

Originally Posted by k_nix11
Thanks all. Preference was to stick with Qantas (or Oneworld if QF was to expensive). Guess I'll just have to watch out for QF Premium and try for upgrading. So mad at myself.
You are more likely to find having to pay a hgher fare than getting the low cost back

I would definitely be going for one of the carriers that currently has fares in the region that you were looking to pay such as Hawaiian, Delta United or Virgin rather than gambling on QF fares

Don't allow an FF programme to be an albatross around your neck

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.