Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

NRT - BNE - SYD -- Do I need to take my luggage in BNE for connecting domestic fl?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

NRT - BNE - SYD -- Do I need to take my luggage in BNE for connecting domestic fl?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12, 2017, 5:11 am
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
Originally Posted by richman2
...I checked back with Expedia and I am booked on one ticket, which makes things easier. ...
Single ticket with legal MCT = no reason to change it, any misconnect will be rerouted by QF at no charge and with priority to get on the next flight (which are hourly from BNE-SYD most of the time, quite frequent service on QF). I would not worry about it, and no real advantage with carryon vs. checked bags other than having to lug carryon on the bus I've take NRT-BNE a couple of times, connecting onward on QF, in the past 3 years and it was smooth and quick each time. Delays can happen any time (and NRT is bad for delays having a single runway), but QF will take good care of you if it happens.
Old Sep 12, 2017, 8:08 am

Programs: QF
Originally Posted by vbroucek
"This is non Australia specific but anywhere in the world." (which you conveniently edited out) is not equal to Australia and USA...
I didn't "conveniently edit out" the sentence ("this example is not specific to Australia but anywhere in the world" or words to that effect) I deleted the comment intentionally so other people wouldn't find it misleading after you not so subtly pointed out that my statement was 'INCORRECT."

That's why I entered the comments "removed a sentence which could be confusing/misleading" when asked the reason for editing the post which appears at the bottom of that post.

Anyway the whole point of this thread was to answer the OP's question about transiting in BNE which has been addressed.
Old Sep 12, 2017, 9:23 pm

Programs: M&M SEN, Amex Plat, Club Carlson, Marriott, HHonors & Accor Gold, Velocity Silver, Qantas Bronze
Originally Posted by ozflygirl747
Anyway the whole point of this thread was to answer the OP's question about transiting in BNE which has been addressed.
Absolutely right. But, you're barking on the wrong tree - I was not the one who introduced heaps of unnecessary fluff into reasonably simple answer, including "this example is not specific to Australia but anywhere in the world"
Old Sep 14, 2017, 7:27 am

Programs: Now back at base level for these 2:QFF-now NB, Virgin-Velocity-NR
The inter termial bus at BNE is outside the secure zone, so its on the public road.
One bus will go from the BNE dom to BNE int to Skygate DFO, and another one goes from Skygate DFO to BNE int to BNE dom
No bus ticket needed, just jump onto the bus from BNE int to BNE dom.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.