Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Qantas Book Now Pay Later: how long do you get?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2017, 9:00 pm
Original Poster

There's a great deal on Qantas at the moment - book the flights to London by the 31st of July 2017 to travel in January 2018, and the fares are fantastic.

Conveniently I don't get paid until the 2nd... so I was wondering if the Pay Later function usually extends beyond the cutoff date of the sale? I would be booking it (and paying the deposit) on the 31st, but am hoping the actual payment deadline would extend past the 31st.

Has anyone had experience with this kind of thing?
Old Jul 23, 2017, 7:44 pm

Programs: Qantas FF, Korean Air, Emirates FF, Mariott, IHG, Hilton
The only experience I've had with this is via Student Flights. I paid for economy tickets via Lombard Finance - I HIGHLY RECOMMEND NEVER USING THIS COMPANY. They were able to view a lot of personal details that they shouldn't... aka your account password.

However, with them I was able to pay it off over 12 months. I'd check with the hotline to ensure the correct details because sometimes they give you a certain amount of time to pay it off before they start piling on a tonne of fees.
Old Jul 27, 2017, 6:36 pm

Programs: CX DM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton DM, Marriott Plat
a lot of the travel agent would give you a few days if not a week to pay for the ticket. I think airlines gives travel agent the ability to hold a ticket and ticket it later as some times pax need to call to book first and then come to office for payment.
Old Jul 27, 2017, 6:47 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Should be able to ask the agent to extent the Ticketing Time Limit by a few days (or whatever).
Old Jul 28, 2017, 3:53 am

I think the paylater function on the website depends.

It only held business class seats to Japan for 48 hours.

I went to book economy to the USA earlier this year and it held them for almost a month.

Last edited by Buckd1ch; Jul 28, 2017 at 3:53 am Reason: spelling

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.