Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

International arrival connecting to domestic flight - Adelaide

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30, 2017, 7:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver/OW Sapphire

Hi All

I'm got an early morning arrival in to ADL and am connecting to a MEL flight with a 90 minute connection time. Both flights are on the same ticket.

I'm sure this is ample or I wouldn't have been able to book it on one PNR, but I am a bit concerned with how long it will take to get through Immigration and Customs.

I'll be travelling with hand baggage only so no worries about waiting for luggage and rechecking.

Assuming no unforeseen delays, is this enough time? Is ADL an easy airport to navigate?

Last edited by wb1969; Jun 30, 2017 at 7:43 am
Old Jun 30, 2017, 8:01 am

Super easy, we're talking 10 minutes tops from gate to gate (passing through immigation-customs/quarantine-domestic check in-domestic security). The lengthiest waits will be at immigration and domestic check-in if you're in economy,.

When you exit customs/quarantine, you'll see a cafe, turn 180 degrees and head either towards the escalators upstairs or the lifts behind the escalators.

Along with CBR, ADL make for an easy INT-DOM transfer.
Old Jun 30, 2017, 8:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver/OW Sapphire
Originally Posted by edy4eva
Super easy, we're talking 10 minutes tops from gate to gate (passing through immigation-customs/quarantine-domestic check in-domestic security). The lengthiest waits will be at immigration and domestic check-in if you're in economy,.

When you exit customs/quarantine, you'll see a cafe, turn 180 degrees and head either towards the escalators upstairs or the lifts behind the escalators.

Much appreciated. Travelling in J so hopefully first off the plane. Might even get a few minutes in the Qantas lounge before departure.
Old Jun 30, 2017, 11:55 pm

If you had checked luggage i would wish you luck, ADL is my home airport and i must say it is the absolute worst if you have checked baggage (have waited 45 mins with our plane the sole arrival) and the wife and i always bring back a little food and rarely are we out of quarantine within an hour of arriving.

You will have no problems whatsoever.
Old Jul 11, 2017, 12:26 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by edy4eva

And MEL - the same building for all terminals
Old Jul 14, 2017, 6:59 am

Originally Posted by TPJ
And MEL - the same building for all terminals
Not technically. And in MEL going from the int terminal especially (gates 12/14/16/20) to the more distant domestic gates is a fair bit of trek. ADL by comparison is more like landing at gate 2 in MEL then going back to the duty free area.
Old Jul 14, 2017, 9:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
MEL is still 'easy' for transfer - unlike SYD/BNE/PER.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.