Wiki Posts
Search

Changing FF credit mid journey?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2017, 4:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: NZ Silver; BA blue; Velocity red; Qantas Silver
Changing FF credit mid journey?

I'm booked on Air New Zealand & Cathay Pacific flight AKL via HKG to LHR. As i booked tkt with AirNZ, the points will credit to that FF account. Is it possible to have the Cathay flight credited to my Qantas FF account only? Both flights are business class. If it is possible, should I request that in Auckland or Hong Kong?
Old Jun 28, 2017, 4:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

AKL-HKG-LHR:- Are all/any of the flight numbers CX or NZ?

If HKG-LHR is a CX flight number try changing on Finnaair or RJ.com (may/may not work)
Or just phone Air NZ
Old Jun 30, 2017, 11:46 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Simplest is to show the FF card at AKL that you want to use for AKL-HKG, and at HKG ask for FF to be changed and get the boarding pass reprinted for HKG-LHR.
Old Jul 4, 2017, 2:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: NZ Silver; BA blue; Velocity red; Qantas Silver
Thanks
Old Jul 4, 2017, 3:25 am

Programs: SQ*PPS, QF-WP1 & LTG, VA-Gold, Marriott*LTT, Hilton*Gold, Accor*Platinum
+1 for getting the boarding pass reprinted.

Critical to ensure they end up the in the right account (and to dispute and have things reversed if it didn't go in the way you wanted)
Old Jul 5, 2017, 3:47 am

Programs: BA GGL; SK EBG; QF LTG; Hilton Diamond, A-Club Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Agree - reprint is crucial as sometimes a change in number does not stick even if the computer says...And as said it is crucial to obtaining credit in the case of retro credit. Sending in a BP with the wrong FF number is not going to be a happy exercise

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.