Wiki Posts
Search

QF OSL DXB via LHR available?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2017, 11:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
QF OSL DXB via LHR available?

I've started seeing availability across ITA, GF, Kayak etc of flights originating OSL to DXB via LHR. The first leg is BA, but the second is QF - however, unable to price out via qantas website, and every site says in fact they are unavailable when trying to book. any clues why these are showing? are they flights waiting for approval?

https://goo.gl/flights/hLqz
Old Jun 20, 2017, 12:05 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

According to Expert Flyer, Qantas does have fares listed for Oslo-Dubai which have routing rules of OSL-LHR on BA with LHR-DXB on QF

If wanting to take that long route from OSL-DXB, I would suggest telephoning Qantas or contacting a travel agent
Old Jun 20, 2017, 12:13 pm
Original Poster

thanks - I tried a travel agent and they couldn't see them listed. I'm wanting OW airlines and already have QR booked, however with the disruption I'm now thinking to cancel and use BA/QF/AY
Old Jun 20, 2017, 12:18 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by vand_hk
thanks - I tried a travel agent and they couldn't see them listed. I'm wanting OW airlines and already have QR booked, however with the disruption I'm now thinking to cancel and use BA/QF/AY
For that route, on Expert Flyer I can see fares for those dates listed in S,L,M,K,H,B and Y classes with fare basis

xMNO

( where x is one of those fare bases )

According to ITA, there is availability in K out and H back - though I wouldn't always trust availbility returned by it

Have you tried calling Qantas?
Old Jun 20, 2017, 11:59 pm

Note that K and H fares have different time restrictions, with K fares subject to a 3 day minimum stay.

THE FARE COMPONENT MUST NOT BE ON
ONE OR MORE OF THE FOLLOWING
QF FLIGHTS 8001 THROUGH 8199.
AND
IF THE FARE COMPONENT INCLUDES TRAVEL BETWEEN LON AND
DXB
THEN THAT TRAVEL MUST BE ON
QF FLIGHTS 1 THROUGH 2
QF FLIGHTS 9 THROUGH 10.
AND
IF THE FARE COMPONENT INCLUDES TRAVEL WITHIN EUROPE
THEN THAT TRAVEL MUST BE ON
ANY QF FLIGHT OPERATED BY BA
ANY QF FLIGHT OPERATED BY AY
ANY QF FLIGHT OPERATED BY IB
ANY QF FLIGHT OPERATED BY CJ
ANY BA FLIGHT OPERATED BY BA
ANY BA FLIGHT OPERATED BY AY
ANY BA FLIGHT OPERATED BY IB
ANY BA FLIGHT OPERATED BY CJ.
AND
THE FARE COMPONENT MUST BE ON
ANY QF FLIGHT
ANY AY FLIGHT OPERATED BY AY
ANY BA FLIGHT.
NOTE - TEXT BELOW NOT VALIDATED FOR AUTOPRICING.
AS PER ROUTE MAP.
Old Jun 29, 2017, 5:55 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Dave Noble

Have you tried calling Qantas?
thanks - I just called them, they can ticket, but were quoting about 25% over the price shown on GF
Old Jun 30, 2017, 4:17 am

Programs: BAEC GGL & CCR / QF LTG
Originally Posted by vand_hk
thanks - I just called them, they can ticket, but were quoting about 25% over the price shown on GF
I have used these fares twice now, once in F and the other in J. Both were part of the Double SC promotions. Despite being UK based, I still credit to QF as I am close to LTG.

For the F fare I used a long stop over between OSL and LHR in both directions. The fare was back to Oz for Christmas 2016, so I did Northern Lights at the start of December then husky sledding in Tromso at the end of January. You get hit with additional APD (approx. Ł150) but it made good use of going to Oslo and as the flight was booked pre-Brexit was a great deal. This was booked via a UK travel agent and priced in GBP.

For the J fare (this November), it is ARN – LHR – MEL, SYD – LHR – OSL. As I was at the cut-off date / time for the Double SC promotion, I couldn’t book through my usual UK travel agent. So I call QF and was directed through to OZ. They could only price in AUD, so I took a small hit on conversion fees. I’m doing short turnarounds at OSL and ARN this trip.

In both cases the prices exactly matched what I priced on ITA Matrix. The drop in the Sterling exchange rate has made these fares less attractive for me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.