Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bassinet policy?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21, 2017, 6:36 pm
Original Poster

Bassinet policy?

I'm booked on QF0024 in J with what will be a 6 month old infant (and a total of 5 seated pax). Qantas customer services have stated that bassinet seats can only be secured at check in. However in a recent media article about a woman who was denied a bassinet seat (http://www.kidspot.com.au/parenting/...-qantas-flight) Qantas is reported as stating that they are issued on a first come first served basis in advance.

Whilst the article seems somewhat overblown I too would be a bit miffed if we didn't get a bassinet seat and it wasn't being used by a passenger with a baby. Does any know what the reality is and what my best approach should be?
Old Apr 21, 2017, 6:43 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Have you telephoned Qantas and asked for a bassinet seat for the passenger with the infant?

I thought that QF's policy was to allocate them on a FCFS basis to those with infants in advance. If a bassinet position is still free, then you should be able to get it

I suspect in that article, someone had already booked that seat by time the person booked
Old Apr 21, 2017, 7:36 pm
Original Poster

Yes, when I called they said it couldn't be done until check in.
Old Apr 21, 2017, 8:40 pm

Programs: Qantas, Virgin
Originally Posted by Dave Noble
I suspect in that article, someone had already booked that seat by time the person booked
For clarity, that's booked that seat with an infant.

If a non-infant-carrier is assigned a bassinet position they get booted if it is needed for someone with an infant.
Old Apr 21, 2017, 8:46 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Originally Posted by ButFli
For clarity, that's booked that seat with an infant.

If a non-infant-carrier is assigned a bassinet position they get booted if it is needed for someone with an infant.
A really good reason to be aware of which blocks of bulkhead seats have bassinets (if not flying with an infant).
Old Apr 25, 2017, 4:31 am
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
The QF policy is pretty clear, the bassinet must be reserved in advance normally at time of ticket purchase. Your QF agent was mis-informed (the joys of call centres that service multiple airlines and rotate staff between them). See http://www.qantas.com/travel/airline...ants/global/en or http://www.qantas.com.au/infodetail/...ildInfants.pdf

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.