Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Need QF FF Card for OW lounge access or just boarding pass?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2017, 9:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QFF WP

Flying Syd to JFK return in the next couple of weeks on QF, and then one domestic US flight AA on a separate booking.

Currently WP and about to start new membership year at same level - have actually misplaced FF card in recent weeks, but in any case it will be expired by the time I depart. New FF is due in mail "10-14 working days" from end of current membership year, which is after I leave.

Question is, do I need my WP FF card to access the relevant OW lounge in the USA? Not worried about my QF flights on the way over as I know it will denote my FF level on the boarding passes (way back as well), but what about my AA flight? My FF number is associated with the booking, but not sure how/if that appears on my boarding pass.

In any case, annoying that there's a lag between one card expiring and receiving the new one! Nowhere near P1 so there was no way my level was going to change in the last few weeks.

Would appreciate feedback from anyone who's been in this situation or who knows otherwise!
Old Mar 29, 2017, 10:52 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
I have always received my new QF FF card before the old one expires (typically 2 to 3 weeks prior). So if your old one is due to expire before you leave, the new one "should" be available before you go. As for lounge access when overseas, sometimes in the USA I have had to flash the card when the number (only) is on the BP and I've needed the status to be shown as well.
Old Mar 29, 2017, 10:56 pm

Programs: QF LTG, VA Plat
If yr new card doesnt turn up then keep yr QF boarding pass handy for subsequent AA flt - QF BP will show yr status.. Or you cud print out a copy of yr Q FF acct details and keep that handy as well
Old Mar 30, 2017, 5:34 pm
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
AA mainline flights always show your OW status on your BP, however small cities served by AE (American Eagle, also having an AA flight number) often don't but they also don't have lounges in those cities. You should have no problem. Also WP/OWE gets you Flagship dining, fwiw (which EXP doesn't get). Of course that is only in a handful of cities (JFK, ORD, LAX and some others when construction is finished). QF FF acct printout is useless as they won't accept it (too easily forged).
Old Mar 31, 2017, 9:12 am

Programs: QF WP, VA, AA
A friend misplaced her Gold QF card, and the QF lounge (at MEL) was able to print her a temporary one, valid for a month I think.
Old Apr 2, 2017, 12:11 am

Programs: QF LTG, LH (SEN*** till 02/26), AF, AA, AB-G†
Just data points outside the US: No card needed with BA owned lounges. Card needed for third party lounges and with AB.
Old Apr 2, 2017, 1:50 am
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
We took several flights in the US recently and the AAngels didn't ask for my FF card but my travel companion was required to produce it. Both in domestic F and both QF WP. They couldn't explain why when we asked.
Old Apr 2, 2017, 3:58 am

Programs: QF LTS WP, Avis Pres Club, HH Diam.
In January, I was able to show my status on the QF app on my iPhone.

My QF number was showing on my BP but as mentioned above, I had flown from Burlington and no status showed.

I was let in to the AA lounge in PHL with my QC and silver status flying AA in F. I think they made a mistake but let me (and wife and daughter) in anyhow.
Old Apr 4, 2017, 2:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by m0hamed
We took several flights in the US recently and the AAngels didn't ask for my FF card but my travel companion was required to produce it. Both in domestic F and both QF WP. They couldn't explain why when we asked.
Do they have your photo?

AA have mine and I am generally not asked for card.
Old Apr 4, 2017, 3:14 am
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHyatt 10+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by serfty
Do they have your photo?

AA have mine and I am generally not asked for card.
How would they have my photo?

As I said, I wasn't asked. But each Aangel kept saying they needed the physical card of my companion because they needed to enter something.
Old Apr 4, 2017, 5:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I was asked if they could take mine a few years ago on entry, can't recall the lounge. They keep it in their records that any lounge should be able to access.
Old Apr 4, 2017, 5:18 am

I was asked if they could take mine a few years ago on entry, can't recall the lounge. They keep it in their records that any lounge should be able to access.
Never had this happen.

The cynic in me thinks they were charging QF for an additional guest even though we both had access based on status.
Old Apr 4, 2017, 5:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by m0hamed
Never had this happen.

The cynic in me thinks they were charging QF for an additional guest even though we both had access based on status.
Guest = More $$$ ?
Old Apr 4, 2017, 6:18 am

Guest = More $$$ ?
Yes. Instead of letting us both in I think they were charging my access to QF as the guest of my companion.
Old Apr 9, 2017, 4:18 pm

Programs: QFF Gold
Originally Posted by Tyrolean
Just data points outside the US: No card needed with BA owned lounges. Card needed for third party lounges and with AB.
I have been asked to show my QF Gold card by British Airways at Gatwick and Edinburgh for Lounge access along with boarding pass. Once shown, no problems, not that I challenged them. However the inflection in the female lounge attendant's voice gave rise that there would be problems if I could not show it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.